in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Holes in Blackout

Thread Title Search
Holes in Blackout Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2020, 04:34 PM #1
viffer

viffer will become famous soon enough
Holes in Blackout

Running costco carports. 3ea 10' x 100' greenhouses. I am waiting on 8mil skrim to show up and have to use 6mil black and white in the meantime. How important is it in the frst week of flower to have every single hole completely taped? By the way i am pulling manually with ropes. Pain in the ass. The tarps after 3 days look like a triage center. Gorilla tape everywhere. At least 20 new holes a night. New tarps will be here in 5 days.
viffer is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2020, 07:39 PM #2
Isles Of Green

Isles Of Green has a spectacular aura aboutIsles Of Green has a spectacular aura aboutIsles Of Green has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by viffer View Post
Running costco carports. 3ea 10' x 100' greenhouses. I am waiting on 8mil skrim to show up and have to use 6mil black and white in the meantime. How important is it in the frst week of flower to have every single hole completely taped? By the way i am pulling manually with ropes. Pain in the ass. The tarps after 3 days look like a triage center. Gorilla tape everywhere. At least 20 new holes a night. New tarps will be here in 5 days.
You'll find varying opinions on the pin holes but good rule of thumb is to have complete darkness to be safe. Are you using duct tape or something similar to cover any sharp or rigid areas on your port that you are pulling over?
Isles Of Green is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2020, 07:48 AM #3
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
How big out holes are we talking about? Like the size of a quarter? You are all good.

It's not like indoor. Indoor you have a light leak and it's likely for a large portion of dark. With depp, you are really only cutting out like 2 hours. Then it's night time. You can play it pretty loose and you will be fine.
I have seen people skip blacking out for a night or 2 tons of times.

If you pull tarps by hand, you will have holes in tarps even if it's 8mil scrim.

If you have ever been in an auto depp with breathable blackout curtains, it isn't pitch black. It's like moon light.

All that said, i have never had a seeded depp. I had a hole the size of a basketball in an end wall for a whole run
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:45 PM #4
smokinfat024

smokinfat024 is a jewel in the roughsmokinfat024 is a jewel in the roughsmokinfat024 is a jewel in the roughsmokinfat024 is a jewel in the roughsmokinfat024 is a jewel in the roughsmokinfat024 is a jewel in the rough
A basketball sized hole CY lol we’re you doing an experiment?
smokinfat024 is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2020, 07:20 PM #5
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
That part of the plastic was on the North side so it never got hit with direct light. It was kind of more of a big slit. I really wouldn't recommend anything much bigger then a quarter.

In the worst light leaks in greenhouses i have ever seen, it never hermed or got seeded. It just made the buds closest to the leak do this weird reveg twisty like growth. Just a handful of buds.

You got to keep in mind, i live in an area infested with lazy hippies, dummies, and bad growers. I could make a book: the Darwin awards of sun grown cannabis.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.