Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Hydrogen Peroxide for mold?

Thread Title Search
Hydrogen Peroxide for mold? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM #1
Capra ibex

Hydrogen Peroxide for mold?

Has anyone used Hydrogen peroxide to kill mold in flowers and then clean with normal water?

I just found some mold on the inside of some dense flowers, and i don't want to throw them away.... it's just a white fluffy mold but it's kind of hard to see and i'm really not looking forward to breaking the nicest flowers open just to check

Even if the flavour and potency is diminished i would still rather save what i can.

Such a PITA i haven't had any mold for 4 years, and now i get it on the stickiest flowers i have.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:49 AM #2
CRKushMaster

CRKushMaster will become famous soon enoughCRKushMaster will become famous soon enough
I got pm and a week a away from harvesting I’m gonna try the bud wash method. Gonna dip them in water with peroxide and lemon juice then dip them in pure water then dry as I normally would I heard it works somewhat for powdery mildew not sure about mold. Either way I’ll be back here and told you how it went. You could take a small branch down and test it yourself I found out best way to find if something works is try it yourself. Good luck bro
CRKushMaster is offline Quote

Old 05-12-2020, 05:58 AM #3
Mr. J

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future
Throw that shit out. It's no good anymore. Salvage the unaffected bud if there's any to salvage. Other than that throw it away because no amount of peroxide or washing is going to make that shit smokable. You may be able to make an extract but I wouldn't even bother. Once it has mold growing on it it's compost heap material.

As for washing powdery mildew off of buds, been there done that in desperate times. You can wash off the mildew but the buds are still fucked. You'll never get rid of the telltale smell and taste and I wouldn't bother doing it again. Compost heap or maybe, maybe water hash washed a whole bunch of times.
Mr. J is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:10 PM #4
therevverend

therevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond repute
Mr. J's right about the mold and PM. There's no salvaging moldy buds. You'll end up trashing your lungs. Nothing gets rid of the foul taste and harshness. I've treated plants with peroxide before harvest, to kill the boytritis and keep it in check. But once it rots it's done.
therevverend is offline Quote