Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Growin w/ Happy Frog

Thread Title Search
Growin w/ Happy Frog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 06:51 AM #41
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
do you think you need extra fungi, my understanding is that happy frog has a good amount in it, and there should also be fungi and bacteria in the dr earth stuff

I've thought about adding extra too, for a while I was using some specialized microbes that I got as samples, but I'm not going to use it this round, I'm not going to use the fulvic/humic supplement I've been using either

there is fungi and bacteria in the down to earth I use, it has humic and so does happy frog, I think as long as I mix enough in and feed well with aerated worm castings and insect frass the microbial life should thrive, I will also aerate fresh bananas during peak flowering

the one side by side I saw using the microbe product claimed that the buds were more dense but it was equal weight to the one that didn't get it and the one that didn't get it purpled more, the guy claimed the one with microbes had better terp profile/flavor, but he might have just been trying to save face from not getting any more yield whatsoever
mexweed is online now Quote

Old 05-19-2020, 02:02 PM #42
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond repute
I mean if ya got the time(right now most of us do)
do as ashley does, I PROMISE you wont regret it!
https://youtu.be/yCBJ0rXwILY

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:04 PM #43
DoloDankness

DoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexweed View Post
do you think you need extra fungi, my understanding is that happy frog has a good amount in it, and there should also be fungi and bacteria in the dr earth stuff

I've thought about adding extra too, for a while I was using some specialized microbes that I got as samples, but I'm not going to use it this round, I'm not going to use the fulvic/humic supplement I've been using either

there is fungi and bacteria in the down to earth I use, it has humic and so does happy frog, I think as long as I mix enough in and feed well with aerated worm castings and insect frass the microbial life should thrive, I will also aerate fresh bananas during peak flowering

the one side by side I saw using the microbe product claimed that the buds were more dense but it was equal weight to the one that didn't get it and the one that didn't get it purpled more, the guy claimed the one with microbes had better terp profile/flavor, but he might have just been trying to save face from not getting any more yield whatsoever

Interesting, thank you for the information. The Dr Earth seems very organic as well. The nitrogen in it is based from guano. Let me know how it works out for you!
DoloDankness is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2020, 11:07 PM #44
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
there should be a list of the fungi and bacteria on the box of dr earth, I'm thinking that overdoing it with microbes and humics is basically the organic equivalent of overfeeding in hydro
mexweed is online now Quote

Old 05-20-2020, 03:35 AM #45
DoloDankness

DoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really nice
Gotchu my man, I haven't added any yet so no issues. I was only gonna add some when in flower or else if the plants start to yellow up at all.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:00 AM #46
DoloDankness

Haven't posted on this thread in a while, everything's still going okay in the tent. Everything is green, I'm still getting used to the watering thing. How much and when. Feel like I may be underwatering a little when I water because I'm scared of overwatering. Just watered them earlier with a healthier watering to see what happens. They were drying out way too fast. There is also one plant I believe is experiencing a pH issue. Leaves are starting to crinkle, the growth seems to have picked back up after it recovered from the accidental FIM I made instead of a top lmfao, but oh well there's three tops now. Hope everyone in here is doing well. Check out my other thread, way more active on there. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=373049

Old 05-27-2020, 05:47 PM #47
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoloDankness View Post
Interesting, thank you for the information. The Dr Earth seems very organic as well. The nitrogen in it is based from guano. Let me know how it works out for you!
Years back the Ocean Forest had tons of organic goodies. Plants seem to like sea food. Give your seedlings some maxi crop liquid seaweed, you can go half of 1/4 strength and it really helps a LOT. I don't like to grow without maxi crop. I started using it about 15yrs ago
wvkindbud38 is offline Quote

Old 05-27-2020, 08:24 PM #48
DoloDankness

cool thanks for the advice, am gonna check for that at the hydro store

Old 05-28-2020, 04:38 AM #49
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

wvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond reputewvkindbud38 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoloDankness View Post
Haven't posted on this thread in a while, everything's still going okay in the tent. Everything is green, I'm still getting used to the watering thing. How much and when. Feel like I may be underwatering a little when I water because I'm scared of overwatering. Just watered them earlier with a healthier watering to see what happens. They were drying out way too fast. There is also one plant I believe is experiencing a pH issue. Leaves are starting to crinkle, the growth seems to have picked back up after it recovered from the accidental FIM I made instead of a top lmfao, but oh well there's three tops now. Hope everyone in here is doing well. Check out my other thread, way more active on there. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=373049

Gotta get a spray bottle friend, anything around Solo cup size just give them a lil water. They don't really have to do half the watering in Veg phase. Just a little bit and spray them. Once you get used to how heavy or light your plants should be you'll be fine. But seedlings I give half strength maxi crop liquid seaweed especially if you got happy frog should get you to flowering without needing much more than Calmag, Silica, Humic Acid lol. But really that liquid seaweed and a spray bottle. Your better to underwater because it'll still probably grow some as if you overwater it almost needs put on a heat mat to dry them out. I run about 30-40%more perlite in my Ocean Forest or Happy Frog and Promix. I used to just use OF or Happy Frog but can't afford to run 23-24 plants in 5gal buckets so I started buying a block of Promix and nothing much has changed. I can feed a lil hotter now. I've been using like 5parts Promix to 2or 3 of your "good" stuff and haven't noticed much if any difference. So it's basically just to help cost. The block of Promix is like 35$. Yea pick up a couple 99cents spray bottles and it'll help you from over watering. If they are kinda lightweight and just broke soil give it a few sprays. Even to this day I'll overwater so don't let it get you down. You'll figure out a LOT hanging around icmag

Old 05-28-2020, 04:48 AM #50
wvkindbud38
Elite Growers Club

Sometimes in mid to late Veg I'll give them some Fox Farm Grow. Fox Farm has several GREAT trios. The Grow, Tiger Bloom, and that other stuff. And that open Seasame is some great stuff, along with Beastie Blooms, and this time will be my first using Cha Ching. But Fox Farm products have grew my plants for yrs and I really like them. I added a few other things to this grow Flower Fuel I've used once. But I'm gonna do a Open Seasame/Beastie Blooms cocktail tonite, Maybe put a tbs of grow if there. I dunno the Open Seasame usually greens them up fast

WV's this and that!!! on going flowering thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368874

Mars-Hydro SP 250 grow just finished!!!!!....back going!!!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362317

Silverbacks complete threads
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

My Albums
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=65286

TerraBloom
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QaZKmHQ57WSI9K

www. mikrobs.com

https://microbialapplications.myshop...ollections/all