Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Growin w/ Happy Frog

Thread Title Search
Growin w/ Happy Frog Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 01:42 AM #31
DoloDankness

DoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really nice
Thats interesting mexweed, I haven't smelled anything strange really. I will let you know if it happens later in veg. I doubt I'll be able to smell it in flower, but who knows! Maybe I just never took notice, but the way you say it makes it sound pungent lol.
DoloDankness is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2020, 02:04 AM #32
nickman

nickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivornickman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoloDankness View Post
Okay well looks like we'll see what happens! What is insect frass?
Sorry took so long to get back with you, but insect frass is insect poop basically...!!!...

Cricket frass or insect frass...!!!... both great products in my eyes... ... ...

It’s got something in it called chitin... I think that’s what it’s called...???...
You can also find it in lobster compost too...!!!... which is also a good compost to use in my eyes... ... ...

nickman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:40 AM #33
DoloDankness

DoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really niceDoloDankness is just really nice
All good nick! I've heard of the lobster compost before but never the insect! Very interesting. Will definitely look more into it.

Old 05-15-2020, 03:11 AM #34
mexweed

mexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to behold
yeah when I smell the small cups the seedlings are in it literally smells like garbage, I tried looking it up and only found one other incident of someone saying their bag of roots soil smelled like garbage, so it has to be a similar ingredient, composted forest humus, guano, oyster shell, maybe when the mycorrhizae feeds on some of that stuff and then it dries out and sits for a while

this round I am planning on using only happy frog amended with biolive and aerating insect frass for watering
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2020, 11:50 AM #35
DoloDankness

Just transplanted today, added some extra perlite to the soil. I didn't really measure anything just added some perlite to the soil enough that it would make it more aerated. Here are some pics of the garden.

Forgot to add that I did pick up that smell ya'll were talking about during the transplant. Definitely a little nasty lol. If it makes the plants happy it makes me happy so let the soil be stanky! Lmfao

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:39 PM #36
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoloDankness View Post
Thank you for that! I do have some Dr. Earth's dry amendments, do have any opinion on that brand? Ever heard anything bad??
id add large chunky perlite to the happy frog, then either use a compost manure or a compost tea to feed ............they may be heavy feeders who knows

Old 05-15-2020, 01:47 PM #37
Sunshineinabag

Sunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond reputeSunshineinabag has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickman View Post
Sorry took so long to get back with you, but insect frass is insect poop basically...!!!...

Cricket frass or insect frass...!!!... both great products in my eyes... ... ...

It’s got something in it called chitin... I think that’s what it’s called...???...
You can also find it in lobster compost too...!!!... which is also a good compost to use in my eyes... ... ...
chitin is tech N-acetylglucosamine and a long chain polymer, its uses in nature are...making shells of insects, arthropods and crusteaceans shells strong.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:15 AM #38
mexweed

mexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to beholdmexweed is a splendid one to behold
it seems to not be as bad now that the soil has gotten wet a few times, it certainly can't be bad I sprouted 6 seeds in 5oz paper cups with it and they're the best looking seedlings I've had in years, I am definitely never buying any sort of seed/clone rooter cube ever again, I'm going to try cloning in it with aloe gel too
mexweed is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:10 AM #39
DoloDankness

Word man great to hear!! I used a peat pellet to start the seedlings and then just placed them in solo cups with the soil. I haven't ever tried cloning using the soil before so stop back in and let us know how it works!!

Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 AM #40
DoloDankness

I'm definitely going to be looking into getting miccorizhea and maybe even crustacean shells before I transplant again for the last time and flip them into flower.