Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Enjoy Thailand

Thread Title Search
Enjoy Thailand Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2020, 03:03 PM #1
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud ofgladysvjubb has much to be proud of
Enjoy Thailand

CANNABIS IN THAILAND
Published 3 days ago

Just one year ago, I would have told you that Thailand despite having a reputation for growing some of the best weed in the world a few decades ago, does not have a cultivation scene and is not a place you can come to expect to smoke and remain safe.

In fact, Thailand for many years has been one of the most dangerous countries anywhere in the world to consume cannabis. The jails are full of foreign tourists who thought it was safe to light up a joint in their bungalow and sadly found out that isn’t the case. Penalties for personal usage range from a serious fine and immediate deportation to long prison sentences in some of the harshest prisons on earth.

As it stands now, that is still the case and I strongly advise all of you to avoid the drug scene in Thailand when you visit ...
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:31 AM #2
Tudo
Troublemaker

Tudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivor
I lived on Koh Samui with my Wife 20+ years ago and while it was a delightfully beautiful place ( really. Breathtaking in places ), between the rip offs , bad water when they had it and we lived in what looked like a nice place, Santi Thani ).
I remember road blocks with the thai police looking in cars for weed and other drugs and always waved me on when I was with my Wife returning from one of the great restaurants that exist there as I speculated that a) I was obviously not high ? and b) my older age ? ( mid 40's at the time )
In any event, heed the warnings.......and strictly in my own opinion, life is too short to support places that do not support us back

Old 05-06-2020, 03:24 PM #3
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond reputeyesum has a reputation beyond repute
They are run by a 'King'. Avoid anywhere they have kings I guess. I think in a while they will come around, hope so. Strange they have hookers and ladyboys on the streets, alcohol consumed heavily, and got to crack down on weed. ?????

They are really third world.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:01 PM #4
Ready4

Ready4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud of
Thailand changing very rapidly :

https://mjbizdaily.com/thailand-issu...ss-years-away/

If you visit with a Thai native, you will have zero problems.
Ready4 is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2020, 06:28 PM #5
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
You have to take into account that to get big loans from the IMF (International Monetary Fund) crucially needed to build basic infrastructure - these previously very poor nations that all had a burgeoning cannabis industry for centuries, had to agree to criminalize and prosecute cannabis farmers, distributors and users - under United Nations Laws against 'narcotics' - so this heavy handed legal approach towards cannabis in SEAsian countries and elsewhere - was only fuelled by these IMF loan stipulations -

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:32 PM #6
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
The IMF is controlled by the USofA, and the USofA is controlled by corporate interests.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:55 PM #7
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
- probably a good place to drop this in - and contemplate what its saying -

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowgethigh View Post
The IMF is controlled by the USofA, and the USofA is controlled by corporate interests.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:02 PM #8
CosmicGiggle
Super Moderator

CosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivorCosmicGiggle is a survivor
Unhappy

unspoken collusion at its finest!
CosmicGiggle is offline Quote

Old 05-10-2020, 10:03 PM #9
Maggotbrain

Maggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to allMaggotbrain is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
You have to take into account that to get big loans from the IMF (International Monetary Fund) crucially needed to build basic infrastructure - these previously very poor nations that all had a burgeoning cannabis industry for centuries, had to agree to criminalize and prosecute cannabis farmers, distributors and users - under United Nations Laws against 'narcotics' - so this heavy handed legal approach towards cannabis in SEAsian countries and elsewhere - was only fuelled by these IMF loan stipulations -
The US eradication effort was exceptionally effective in Thailand. They forced the Thai government uproot an ancient cannabis culture. They not only stopped the trade, they aggressively arrested the farmers, took their land and wiped out all of the plants. They threw these simple subsistence farmers into some of the most brutal prisons in the world. I'm sure there were not many people willing to take the risk to preserve the old stuff. 1988 was the last year for the Thai stick trade. The US coast guard intercepted the last eight mother ships off the west coast that year with 250 tons of Thai bud. The great book Thai stick by Peter Maguire and Mike Ritter chronicles the Thai stick trade from the beginning to the end.
Maggotbrain is offline Quote

Old 05-10-2020, 10:21 PM #10
Paddi
GanjaGrower

Paddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivorPaddi is a survivor
30 years ago
  • I smoked the good strong weed on Koh Samui (illegal, bought in a bar)
  • Ate Magic Mushrums on Koh Samui (legal. Every second restaurant sold Magic Omelets)
  • Drank Mekong Whiskey in Bangkok (legal everywhere)
  • Smoked opium i northern Thailand (Close to the Golden Triangle)
If I went to Thailand today, I would certainly avoid the illegal stuff.
Risk for getting caught is too big.

P

Growers Of The World - Unite

Paddi is online now Quote