Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > 20 x 40’ hoop house. Need advice.

Thread Title Search
20 x 40’ hoop house. Need advice. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2020, 08:22 AM #1
sacramental

sacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the rough
20 x 40’ hoop house. Need advice.

Hello.

As the 2020 outdoor season is apon us I’ve been slowly putting together my greenhouse. It’s been a pain in the neck but with hard work I think I can get her done. My goal was to build a 20’ by 40’. Auto light dep greenhouse and have it stuffed by now but as everyone knows how life can get in the way. I don’t think I will have the funds for the tarp pullers and blackout tarp this season so my new goal is to just get the plastic on and get something going.

Plan on doing 3 rows. (4’ x 30’). Leaving about 2 ft walkways around the rows. If anyone can tell me how many plants and what size pots would work best?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B81D5233-1311-4764-A02D-D8C166E72565.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	530631 Click image for larger version

Name:	6E46F331-01C2-41B7-98C4-84F7F23464A5.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	530632 Click image for larger version

Name:	F337AF5C-96E7-4966-8C30-3535E9A923CA.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	530633 Click image for larger version

Name:	52F7754A-CAE7-4DFE-A9E9-CCE19FD7280B.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	530634
sacramental is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:05 PM #2
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
You are saying you are not going to black it out because you can't afford blackout plastic? So you are just going to let it flower naturally?

Normally i like 60-90 15-20 gal in a 20x40
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2020, 01:20 AM #3
art.spliff

art.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant future
You can line the perimeter boards with plastic and try ~30" wide raised beds with wide enough paths to comfortably walk through. Reason for 2.5 ft width is bending over or reaching the middle. The PVC grow beds look cool too.
art.spliff is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2020, 02:28 AM #4
sacramental

sacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the roughsacramental is a jewel in the rough
CrushnYuba - man I was hoping would stop by. Got a lot of motivation reading your threads! Yeah I will probably have enough dough to just get the clear poly up this season. Just took 100 cuts of Ice cream cake. Couple weeks for them to root. Then veg up big enough to fill the gh. By the time I have the money to put up light dep the plants will probably start going into flower anyway lol. So with 20 gal pots should fill it up pretty nice?

Art.spliff - yeah I would love to put some beds in there but would be $$ for soil. I just bought a load but it is going into my outdoor smart pots. I’m thinking of just running cheap plastic bag pots this year. Plus I like the idea of being able to move pots around.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D2C6EEA4-45D2-44D1-BEB2-0778CF7CC549.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	530952

Old 04-28-2020, 07:20 AM #5
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
How about skipping the clear plastic and just getting the blackout. If you don't depp them 100 20gals won't fit..

It's not even may. Full term outdoor cuts taken now will be 5 lb plants by the end of the year. You can't fit 100 5 lb plants in a 20x40. And 20 gal won't hold a plant for 7 months. You have to depp it. Or you have to do way less plants in bigger pots

There's a way to make it work. Just buy some cheap panda plastic. There must be something else you can spend less on so you can get a roll of panda film.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:44 PM #6
sacramental

CrushnYuba - yeah I hear what your saying. I just want everything done right and I’m not very good when it comes to the building of things like this. I’m looking at the light dep retro kits online and getting prices around 1500$. Just for the motors and controller. Plus I still gotta buy the soil. Hoping my clones root. Haven’t had any success last year with cloning with my ez cloner. I don’t know if it’s my well water or trouble with temps or what. But I’m going back to domes and trays this year hoping for better success. So if I do get plants to light dep what’s a good date to start depping? Mid June? I just thought it was getting later to start first round of dep but I’m pretty new when it comes to all of this.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:56 PM #7
CrushnYuba

If you do end up doing a depp, you just flip them when they fill out the space. 100 in a 20x40 will probably only take a couple weeks to veg to fill out that space. If you don't want to depp it, you should wait. Plant in August. Or plant 40 of them in ljuly in 45gal pots.

Try cloning in oasis cubes. Seems to be the easiest medium to work with cloning.

It's different then everything else. Its florist foam. Clones won't wilt. U don't have to use domes if you don't want and they still stay perky. They don't get all yellow. You can cut them as big as you want and leave all the leaf on. They won't droop.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:26 PM #8
sacramental

CrushnYuba - that’s funny because that’s what I’m using. Didn’t know you can run them without a dome though. Scared me because they had mixed reviews on the web as far as getting success with them. Cross my fingers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	531133

Old 04-29-2020, 12:51 AM #9
CrushnYuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramental View Post
CrushnYuba - that’s funny because that’s what I’m using. Didn’t know you can run them without a dome though. Scared me because they had mixed reviews on the web as far as getting success with them. Cross my fingers.
They are the best if you know how to use them. You need to make sure they aren't overstaturated. U have to use them in a tray that has holes in the bottom so you can turn on its side and drain out extra water. I use the mesh inserts that lift out.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:38 AM #10
sacramental

What size exhaust fans should I go with. I was thinking a couple of 20” fans but I have no idea. I used a greenhouse exhaust fan calculator on google search and its telling me I need about 8200 CFM. I plan on doing the roll up sides so I’m not sure if they will be necessary. I guess they would be when the gh is blacked out? Also you want to install them on one side up high to exhaust the heat and on the other side have some vents down low?