Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Dealing With Runoff?

Thread Title Search
Dealing With Runoff? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2020, 07:58 AM #1
BullDogDad

BullDogDad has a spectacular aura aboutBullDogDad has a spectacular aura aboutBullDogDad has a spectacular aura about
Dealing With Runoff?

Interested in hearing about what creative ways people have come up with to deal with their runoff.
BullDogDad is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2020, 04:17 AM #2
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
no reason not to be able to rinse it down the bathtub unless you made a choice that renders that an unacceptable option

don't panic it's organic, mo hydro mo problems
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2020, 04:33 AM #3
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
I use a shopvac to get it out of the saucers. Been wanting to set these up

https://www.amazon.com/Drain-Away-Tr...s%2C157&sr=8-1

But I’m dragging my feet on doing it.
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 04-30-2020, 04:37 AM #4
prune

prune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to allprune is a name known to all
I just lock the door when I leave..
prune is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:54 PM #5
Succinct

Succinct has a spectacular aura aboutSuccinct has a spectacular aura aboutSuccinct has a spectacular aura aboutSuccinct has a spectacular aura about
So, I have saucers under my plants, and I just leave the runoff. I water enough for it to run out and fill the saucer halfway.

Within 30 minutes, the soil soaks it back up. Have I been doing this wrong?
Succinct is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:08 AM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succinct View Post
So, I have saucers under my plants, and I just leave the runoff. I water enough for it to run out and fill the saucer halfway.

No. Sounds go. Excess can be used on other plants, but a lot of fuss and muss.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 05-01-2020, 04:53 AM #7
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Succinct View Post

I have saucers under my plants too but I use a riser to lift the container up so it doesn’t sit in the runoff. The runoff has the excess stuff you want out of the medium. Imo, you probably don’t want it leaching back up into it.

I’m not saying that letting the container sit in the runoff won’t work... just be mindful and keep an eye out.

Here’s basically what I use

https://www.zenhydro.com/gro-pro-nx-...SABEgK3ufD_BwE
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 05-01-2020, 06:07 PM #8
Succinct

Succinct has a spectacular aura aboutSuccinct has a spectacular aura aboutSuccinct has a spectacular aura aboutSuccinct has a spectacular aura about
Good point Vanilla. I had some pH issues last run and I'll get some spacers for next time and see if keeping the runoff out makes any difference.
Succinct is offline Quote

Old 05-01-2020, 06:42 PM #9
starke

starke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond reputestarke has a reputation beyond repute
Used to do the shop vac thing but got tired of crawling around on hands and knees. I finally built a six inch high drain table lined with corrugated plastic. It drains into a piece of vinyl gutter that drains through a cutout in the floor into the crawlspace.

“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed
starke is offline Quote

Old 05-01-2020, 07:01 PM #10
techattack
Flower Lover!

techattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to alltechattack is a name known to all
Very nice system.
techattack is offline Quote