Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Thread Title Search
Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2020, 03:02 AM #41
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
There's a SS screen on the nute pump feed. It's about 1" round and 8" long. It's never more than 50% clogged at rez cleanings. Last year I used a telescoping watering wand, hand watering. The wand had a pinhole screen that needed cleaning every second or third use. 1/4 & 1/8" holes should work well. I grow for myself and share so organic is important. Running synthetic is allot easier and gives better yields.

If the nutes are still somewhat chunky when they get to the plant, it's all good. That dirty submersible pump should do a good job working on a regular cycle and putting it all into suspension. Putting some banjo fittings with a hose on the pump would make rez cleaning a breeze.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 05:38 AM #42
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
There's a SS screen on the nute pump feed. It's about 1" round and 8" long. It's never more than 50% clogged at rez cleanings. Last year I used a telescoping watering wand, hand watering. The wand had a pinhole screen that needed cleaning every second or third use. 1/4 & 1/8" holes should work well. I grow for myself and share so organic is important. Running synthetic is allot easier and gives better yields.

If the nutes are still somewhat chunky when they get to the plant, it's all good. That dirty submersible pump should do a good job working on a regular cycle and putting it all into suspension. Putting some banjo fittings with a hose on the pump would make rez cleaning a breeze.
Do you think the holes in your drip are big enough to let guano through with no filter.

I don't do compost tea ever, but sometimes I'll throw some guano, solution grade langbeinite, solution grade gypsum in a tea brewer, run the giant tea brewer to mix it and keep it from settling, and pump it out through a hose. Try to keep as much of the solids as i can. I don't want to loose the insoluble N from the guano. It's got to be half of the N
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 01:52 PM #43
Zeez

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
The Epsoma granules are bigger than the guano. I'm sure it will work well. Thinking more about the watering heads, it would just as easy to put male threaded adapters on the NOT hose end with screw on caps for clean outs. PVC parts are cheep. I use rectangular pots so the watering heads can go the length of the pot.

Thinking more about holding down the blackout covers. Ratchet strap ends could get the strap tension perfect for holding the cover in place without restricting the roll movement.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 06:07 PM #44
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Quote:
The Epsoma granules are bigger than the guano. I'm sure it will work well. Thinking more about the watering heads, it would just as easy to put male threaded adapters on the NOT hose end with screw on caps for clean outs. PVC parts are cheep. I use rectangular pots so the watering heads can go the length of the pot.

Thinking more about holding down the blackout covers. Ratchet strap ends could get the strap tension perfect for holding the cover in place without restricting the roll movement.
Ratchet straps would definitely work well. I have used the cheap straps that don't ratchet. You just pull it tight and it clips.

I'm curious how it goes for you this year. I have been thinking about moving back east. Carona virus changed everything. I think i want to be with family. I think i want to retire and what the hell am i going to do out here without a job. Might as well be around my family.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:35 PM #45
Zeez

Here in Massachusetts I think you could do two grows per year with light depp, a pellet stove and a small indoor operation for getting them started. I have not heard of anyone getting hassled for being over their 12 mature (flowering) plant limit. The amount of privacy where you live is a big factor. Last year went well for me and this year will be better with less work and minimal electric usage. The black market is alive and well with dispensary prices over $400.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 09:21 PM #46
CrushnYuba

I would just do a small greenhouse for fun and personal. would heat with a little chinese RV diesel furnace. They are like 120$ and put out 17,000 btu. They hardly burn any fuel. Id run It year round with some 315w cmh when needed.
I would just make a small veg house and a little flower house. Just big enough to do a little pheno hunting.
The property is very secluded

Old 05-03-2020, 10:18 PM #47
Zeez

I'll bet it's allot cheeper for everything in the east over NorCal.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 10:29 PM #48
CrushnYuba

Quote:
I'll bet it's allot cheeper for everything in the east over NorCal.
Electricity is 4x here. Gas is 2x

Old 05-11-2020, 10:52 PM #49
Zeez

Plumbing is coming along. Fresh water and nutes can be directed anywhere - To plants, water to fill rez, rez pumped to waste, etc. with auto timing. Rez tank gets a submersible pump modded with a tee for mixing.

Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-14-2020, 08:12 AM #50
Isles Of Green

Isles Of Green has a spectacular aura aboutIsles Of Green has a spectacular aura aboutIsles Of Green has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Actuator for ridge vent works. Setting up automations beginning.View Image
Looking into automating majority of our set up as well. Those ZooZ strips look awesome. What are you using as in the interface/program on the iPad to control it all?
Isles Of Green is offline Quote