Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Thread Title Search
Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2020, 05:03 AM #31
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Your plants look big now! I bet you can fill every square inch of that thing and flip it soon. You will probably yield more then last year because the sun will be better. Mid summer always yields the best.

That sounds like a good idea for light blocking. It's a very small space. You could just use a little 6" inline fan connected to a short piece of rigid duct with a bend in it. Paint the inside of the duct black.

I use a cheap 8" vivosun for a 12x40
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 05-02-2020, 01:33 PM #32
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
That was last summer. First grow in the GH. It was full.

I'v got allot to figure out before pulling the trigger on this one. Getting done early and flipping based on plant size are two huge plusses. Having that much covering unsecured seems like it could be problematic. We get some serious storms here. Maybe if the side rollups were blackout only and the top had a rollup went over the clear film that would go from the mid divider up?
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-02-2020, 09:07 PM #33
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
I don't think you will have a problem at all. 12ft wide is pretty small. You should at least put strapping to hold down though. "Batting" tape is a super cheap flexible strap that stretches for securing greenhouse plastic. U could just use rope. U run it from the base board to your wiggle wire. It stops roll ups from flopping around.

You can also use roll lock channel on your baseboards. When it rolls all the waydown and gets to the end of the plastic, it starts to roll in the other direction and locks into the channel. They use it in that rovero video i just posted if u want to see how it works in action. It's not super cheap, but it's not crazy expensive.

Really just the rope or batten tape will do.

Old 05-02-2020, 10:21 PM #34
Zeez

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Simple is better. Good ideas. Thanks.

Got the greenhouse opened for the spring today. Roll ups were secured with wiggle wire and motors removed. New automation is up and running for everything except nutes and water. Redesigned nute vat and pump setup. Basically, it will pump teas through the irrigation lines prior to watering. There's an aeration stone in there and I'm looking for a motorized setup to mix it up periodically. In the past a big paint mixer was used on a drill.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-02-2020, 10:55 PM #35
CrushnYuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Simple is better. Good ideas. Thanks.

Got the greenhouse opened for the spring today. Roll ups were secured with wiggle wire and motors removed. New automation is up and running for everything except nutes and water. Redesigned nute vat and pump setup. Basically, it will pump teas through the irrigation lines prior to watering. There's an aeration stone in there and I'm looking for a motorized setup to mix it up periodically. In the past a big paint mixer was used on a drill.
Check out those aquarium power heads. They are just Like little propellers that mount to the bottom or side. I use them to keep barrels agitated.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:48 PM #36
Zeez

I use a 15 gallon barrel with allot of solids in the tea, bat guano, fish guts, epsoma etc and let it stew for a while. It gets pretty rich and thick at the bottom. Ideally it all gets chopped up, somewhat composted, and in suspension. I was thinking of going heavier. Maybe something like this 6 speed mortar mixer.

Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 12:47 AM #37
CrushnYuba

What about just throwing a dirty water sump in it with no hose attached.

How do you run that sludge through your drip?!

Old 05-03-2020, 01:33 AM #38
Zeez

Real good idea! I guess it should be able to handle the muck.

I use home made watering heads. 3/4 pvc pipe capped at one end with threaded adapters (NPT - GHT) at the other connected to garden hose and then manually controllable manifolds. The heads have 1/4" and 1/8" holes drilled in them and are held in place with 6" garden staples. I have used top hat grommets in them with 1/4" lines for better distribution but it was over kill.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 02:00 AM #39
Zeez

Iphone App works perfect.
Zeez is online now Quote

Old 05-03-2020, 02:12 AM #40
CrushnYuba

Damn that's a good idea. No way for that to clog. I have never Not used drip emitters. My spaces are pretty big though, i don't know if could make it even without running a crazy amount off zones. But it would be really rad to just pump whatever u want in there without even filter worry.
I only use synthetic through my lines.