Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Thread Title Search
Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 08:34 PM #1
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Greenhouse Upgrades - More Auto

Starting to put together the new control box for this years greenhouse upgrades. Everything will be automated and controlled / monitored from anywhere using z-wave.

10x Controlled A/c outlets
3x Controlled D/c lines

AC used for,
1x 24v power supply and 1 110v / 24v DPDT relay for roll up sides
1x 12v power supply and 1 110v / 12v DPDT relay for 12" ridge vent actuator.
1x 12v Power supply for 3 24v dc switches controlling irrigation valves and pumps

4 110v outlets controlling fans and ventilation.

Zeez is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:02 PM #2
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
Jeez, sound nice. I'm curious when you roll up your sides do you find you get aphids sooner or heavier? Maybe it's just my geography. I have to vent through the upper ends of my greenhouse.
Pests that crawl love open sides. With Planet Natural shutting down. I don't have a good supply of natural beneficial bugs anymore.
Peace farmerlion
farmerlion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:20 PM #3
Zeez

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
I never had a problem with bugs. The big problem here is moth larvae caterpillars that get inside the stock and bore down to the base, killing the plant. Under the roll ups I've got some fine screen for protection. Maybe that's the difference. I use Diatomaceous Earth on the ground too.

Zeez is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:35 AM #4
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Holy crap. Moth larvae? They do that? Are these like super moths? Or just regular ol moths?
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2020, 02:26 PM #5
Zeez

Cats.
Big problem in the Northeast. They burrow down to the main stalk and it's all over.

Zeez is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2020, 12:49 AM #6
Zeez

Actuator for ridge vent works. Setting up automations beginning.
Zeez is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:00 PM #7
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
zeez, I like the screen idea. You have some large beautiful plants in your greenhouse. What size bags are you using?
I have 35 and 45 gallon bags in mine. I have a total of 19 bags inside. My spacing looks similar , but I think I'm being greedy. 15 bags might have much better light penetration. I test so many strains each year that I can justify the crowding.

Peace brother farmerlion
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2020, 06:07 PM #8
Zeez

Those are home depot 27 gal storage bins and last year's grow. It works for the size of the greenhouse. Any bigger and the plants would out grow the house. With good soil it was enough that I didn't have to do allot of feeding. The GH is 12 x 18. Pretty good size for a 12 plant legal grow.

I can monitor and control it from anywhere with a cellphone just the same. The iPad is easy when working in there. This setup will cover cooling, security, motion detectors, fans, roll up sides, ridge vent, watering, feeding, ... the whole enchilada.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2020, 06:28 PM #9
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Totally awesome!!
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2020, 11:38 PM #10
kritios

kritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of lightkritios is a glorious beacon of light
Zeez, that has all the makings for a real slick setup. I hope the wind here in MA today doesn't mess with your frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
With Planet Natural shutting down.

Wait ,what? Are they shutting down for good, or just temporarily due to the crisis? I don't see anything on their site.
kritios is offline Quote