Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Trichome "Myth"? What do you think?

Thread Title Search
Trichome "Myth"? What do you think? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 12:00 AM #31
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Anthers is another synonym for pistils....does the same thing!!! (Collects pollen).
Yes, Teddybrae....you'll be amazed at the trichomes!!! Let us know about your experience!

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 AM #32
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichrider View Post
i've a question about trichomes...
do the sessil trichomes produce cannabinoids? or do only the bulbous trichomes?
Other kinds of trich's have other compounds such as CBG and others but this is from memory so take it for just that.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:57 AM #33
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Other kinds of trich's have other compounds such as CBG and others but this is from memory so take it for just that.
Try this on for size:

Cvh had it listed

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=365451

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2020, 09:22 AM #34
Teddybrae
IC Mag Supporter

Teddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivor
Well, rot my socks if I haven't harvested my ripest plant at a time when the trichomes are milky! Must be Intuition ...

And I see there's a whole other visual world in a ripe cannabis bud.

Now I 've had a look with my loupe it is good to be on the same page as the rest of you. (Repeats to himself: Trichomes, anthers and pistils; trichomes, anthers and pistils ...)

Thanks for the Lesson, a.b.!

quote=aridbud;8834059]Anthers is another synonym for pistils....does the same thing!!! (Collects pollen).
Yes, Teddybrae....you'll be amazed at the trichomes!!! Let us know about your experience![/quote]
Teddybrae is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:48 PM #35
aridbud
automeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybrae View Post
Well, rot my socks if I haven't harvested my ripest plant at a time when the trichomes are milky! Must be Intuition ...

And I see there's a whole other visual world in a ripe cannabis bud.

Now I 've had a look with my loupe it is good to be on the same page as the rest of you. (Repeats to himself: Trichomes, anthers and pistils; trichomes, anthers and pistils ...)

Thanks for the Lesson, a.b.!

quote=aridbud;8834059]Anthers is another synonym for pistils....does the same thing!!! (Collects pollen).
Yes, Teddybrae....you'll be amazed at the trichomes!!! Let us know about your experience!
[/quote]

Very cool, Teddy!! Isn't it amazing to see glands up close and personal??!!! Well done, friend!

Michael Pollan

afterthought autos

aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2020, 05:46 PM #36
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
Well, I have to say that this grow of these 5 autos has convinced me that I will NEVER grow autos again. LOL The Northern lights matured in a decent time but these others are a joke.

The 2 Bruce banner are in week 14 and the trics are still mostly clear. Maybe 50/50 at best. Not a SINGLE amber trich on the entire plants.

The 2 Barney's plants are at (what I would call) about week 6 (in flower) of a normal plant. Yet, they are going on 15 weeks. Not a single brown pistol on either of those.

This is ridiculous. Why would anyone buy autos? I know, I never will. LOL The clones that are in week 8 are passing these autos in maturity. LOL I cloned in flower mode... reveg'd the clones. Grew them to full size. Put them to flower...... and they are still ahead of the autos that were planted even before the clones were taken. The seeds (autos) are a week older than the clones. LOL

That's bull shit. I HAVE to assume that others have much better luck with autos. Otherwise, they wouldn't be for sale.

I am considering taking the Bruce Banner this week, ripe or not. These plants give EVERY other indication that they are ready (actually, past ready). The trichs are even starting to shrivel up right on the buds????

You think I should wait? Do plants ALWAYS turn amber when ripe?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2020, 07:10 PM #37
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivorDouglas.Curtis is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by superpedro View Post
IMO there is part truth and part myth in the assumption that late harvest/dark trics turns weed into couchlock. I would rather call it "looses some head-high".
Some indica strains I really like for couchlock effects gets dull from taking them even a bit too far. Not more couchlock just less intense overall.
I see development more as effects get more and more complex as they mature, until a point when it all drops off.
Exactly my experiences as well. The terpenes are less complex, the high/stone is less complex/heady, and the harvest weight is much lower. Clear trichs also means a SHORT effect time and lower potency, so plan on growing about 3x as much as you would 'ripe' cannabis of the same strain.

5%-15% is where I cut most strains. The effect time is the longest, the potency is at maximum, the terpene profile gives you the most complex effects, it's great.

After 15% amber things start getting sleepy for me, the 'high' gets muddled and less heady, and the potency is weaker. Definitely more couchlock though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Well, I have to say that this grow of these 5 autos has convinced me that I will NEVER grow autos again. LOL The Northern lights matured in a decent time but these others are a joke..
Yeah, I'd stick with reputable breeders or you're likely to rack up more stories like this. I'm seeing a LOT of "this ain't an auto" posts across the internet, and it's completely breeder error. It takes more than 2-3 crossings to 'make a strain' of proper auto genetics.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2020, 11:07 PM #38
aridbud
automeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Well, I have to say that this grow of these 5 autos has convinced me that I will NEVER grow autos again. LOL The Northern lights matured in a decent time but these others are a joke.

The 2 Bruce banner are in week 14 and the trics are still mostly clear. Maybe 50/50 at best. Not a SINGLE amber trich on the entire plants.

The 2 Barney's plants are at (what I would call) about week 6 (in flower) of a normal plant. Yet, they are going on 15 weeks. Not a single brown pistol on either of those.

This is ridiculous. Why would anyone buy autos? I know, I never will. LOL The clones that are in week 8 are passing these autos in maturity. LOL I cloned in flower mode... reveg'd the clones. Grew them to full size. Put them to flower...... and they are still ahead of the autos that were planted even before the clones were taken. The seeds (autos) are a week older than the clones. LOL

That's bull shit. I HAVE to assume that others have much better luck with autos. Otherwise, they wouldn't be for sale.

I am considering taking the Bruce Banner this week, ripe or not. These plants give EVERY other indication that they are ready (actually, past ready). The trichs are even starting to shrivel up right on the buds????

You think I should wait? Do plants ALWAYS turn amber when ripe?

Thanks

As mentioned prior, Barney's and I cannot vouch for Sensible seeds as it's one of the few I did not try....they aren't what typical autos produce.

We've been at it for 14+ years....I can assure you there are some good breeders that put quality over $$ signs. And some do not understand it takes time to develop a STABLE auto. We certainly do that.

Your choice.

Autos do fit more now, than was once a niche` market. We started developing strains as access to any or good medical cannabis was difficult to come by back in 2008 when I received my MMJ card, later a production license. Now MMJ dispensaries are everywhere...back then, a small menu, clandestined producers, and delivery, a hefty charge. Times, they have changed.

Michael Pollan

afterthought autos

aridbud is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2020, 11:59 PM #39
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
That's awesome bud. I am in an illegal state in the Midwest and I always thought if we went legal and I could do an outdoor grow an auto would be the perfect way to go. Very short growing season here.

Well, your words have reinstated my faith in autos. LOL

I was all ready to move to California just before this corona crap but that may be delayed. Who knows, if this changes that and that changes this, I may actually do a legal... outdoor.... auto grow before it's over.

Thanks for the reassuring words.

Old 04-08-2020, 03:50 AM #40
igrowone

igrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivor
wrong thread!
but have seen some interesting trich ripening modes
some don't like to turn cloudy, tropical influences from what i understand

2 members found this post helpful.