Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > Grinders

Thread Title Search
Grinders Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2020, 09:18 PM #21
mexweed

mexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud ofmexweed has much to be proud of
probably microplastics getting picked up with coffee grinders when edges of bud/leaf/stem contact the lid at high velocity

also pay attention to what kind of plastic/materials are in the device no matter what type of grinder you choose, as to compatibility with isopropyl, some of the metal twist grinders for example will have a dry sift screen section and sometimes that screen will be attached with some sort of glue, whereas some seem to be just pressed into that section of the grinder, being able to iso out that screen is crucial
mexweed is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2020, 06:02 PM #22
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Looks very similar to the newer model Androcks. Do you have any shots of the blades? Thanks for sharing.
Sorry, no pictures. The blades in mine are similar to the one you posted but mine have a slight twist to them. I recently replaced it with this one. My grinder was very old and one of the stationary blades had broken out a while back. The new one works fine, too.

We like to keep 3-4 strains ground and ready for use so I grind full mason jars at a time. The really sticky buds will get stuck around the blades so I use a metal poker to clear it out when I'm done.

Those old Androcks grinders are really cool. I've been looking at yard sales and second hand stores for awhile. Sooner or later I'll find one.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:31 AM #23
JustSumTomatoes
Indicas make dreams happen

JustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond reputeJustSumTomatoes has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so I gave my new Androck a spin (It was made in the 60's, unused, and still had the label inside) and man this thing is the bees knees! Seriously will most likely never buy another grinder again. I love the little lid that keeps the bud from flying out while I grind. So much easier to use than my disc-style grinder that always jams up. Would totally recommend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200414_180638.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	528840 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200414_180736.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	528841
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:36 AM #24
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
From your neighbors down here in Cape Cod.

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2020, 12:45 AM #25
Medfinder
Chemon 91

Medfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing like broken plastic grinder shards in your stash from rock hard crusty hard packed sling shot ammo buds.

Medfinder is online now Quote

Old 04-15-2020, 01:18 PM #26
antheis

antheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of light
how are the androcks with grinding seeded bud?
antheis is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2020, 01:30 PM #27
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Why grind seeded bud? I can't think of a good reason unless you like to smoke seeds.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2020, 02:25 PM #28
antheis

antheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of lightantheis is a glorious beacon of light
sometimes i miss one or three.
i call them grinder beans and say they have survived their first selection.
but seriously, i don't like smoking ground up shell and embryo grindings mixed in with flower and all. i do it but i don't like it. i thought maybe these nut grinders would be more likely to be gentle to viable seeds.
antheis is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2020, 02:58 PM #29
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud ofSamuel Caldwell has much to be proud of
With mine, some seeds get through and some get scuffed. It depends on size of the seed and luck of the grind. I wouldn't use it for primary seed collection but most random seeds seem to make it through fine.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:09 PM #30
MindEater

MindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Ok, so I gave my new Androck a spin (It was made in the 60's, unused, and still had the label inside) and man this thing is the bees knees! Seriously will most likely never buy another grinder again. I love the little lid that keeps the bud from flying out while I grind. So much easier to use than my disc-style grinder that always jams up. Would totally recommend.
Looks like a combine harvester. Anyone trying a meat grinder? Now thats an idea, smokable weed sausage links.
MindEater is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.