Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Cannabis Allergy but only during harvest?

Thread Title Search
Cannabis Allergy but only during harvest? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 06:24 PM #11
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboy View Post
I basically get the same symptoms. If i break up weed and then touch my eyes, bad news..
Yikes, yes, use your PPE (personal protective equipment)!! Gloves, maybe even goggles. So easy to rub eyes. Frequent breaks to allow body to maintain homeostasis.... relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:36 PM #12
hayday

hayday has disabled reputation
The guy I got my Sour Strawberry Kush seeds from used a Benadryl lotion. I have not used it or seen it but SSK makes me itch, sneeze and gives me a runny nose.
Sour Bubble does it too but neither is a major inconvinence. I just carve it up and move on.

W. P. O. D.
hayday is online now Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 06:39 PM #13
weedof

weedof has a spectacular aura aboutweedof has a spectacular aura aboutweedof has a spectacular aura about
Any weed gives makes me itch, sneeze and gives me a runny nose I even get rash when trimming. It seems like the allergy developed as I never had these issues few years back.
weedof is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:22 PM #14
tetragrammaton

tetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud of
Well I guess I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, but it's not something to be "glad" about, as it's still a mild inconvenience for us.

The idea proposed by Douglas, regarding using a mask and nitrile gloves, as well as the advise of taking a benadryl or perhaps another antihystamine seems like it would solve the problem, or at least lessen it. As hayday said, it's not a major inconvenience but still.

I guess now the question is what is causing this? What is the science behind this? Is it indeed the terpenes in the air? The live resin? Both? Now that I think about it, I don't think my idea of doing a dry trim will help either, because in the past when I've received untrimmed bud and had to trim it myself, I'd also get sneezy and itchy, but luckily it wasn't as intense as when wet trimming, when the whole vicinity smells incredibly loud.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:22 PM #15
Zomboy

Zomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud ofZomboy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetragrammaton View Post
Well I guess I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, but it's not something to be "glad" about, as it's still a mild inconvenience for us.

The idea proposed by Douglas, regarding using a mask and nitrile gloves, as well as the advise of taking a benadryl or perhaps another antihystamine seems like it would solve the problem, or at least lessen it. As hayday said, it's not a major inconvenience but still.

I guess now the question is what is causing this? What is the science behind this? Is it indeed the terpenes in the air? The live resin? Both? Now that I think about it, I don't think my idea of doing a dry trim will help either, because in the past when I've received untrimmed bud and had to trim it myself, I'd also get sneezy and itchy, but luckily it wasn't as intense as when wet trimming, when the whole vicinity smells incredibly loud.
Its actually the main reason i still wet trim. If i dry trim its that much worse it seems
Zomboy is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 09:26 PM #16
TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud of
You guys that seem to being affected by this...are you getting the same effects with trimming outdoors grown weed.....definitely a interesting subject.
TheDarkStorm is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 09:30 PM #17
TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud of
Quote:
I basically get the same symptoms. If i break up weed and then touch my eyes, bad news..
Yeah thats not a good idea as microscopic resin crystals will be on your fingers and are quite an iritant if they get in your eyes.
TheDarkStorm is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 PM #18
useless.gardens

Quote:
Its actually the main reason i still wet trim. If i dry trim its that much worse it seems
^^^ fact !

look into the canna brush.

scissors (and even hand loppers) are always necessary, i got one ;-) works good on dry/very dry flower.

https://www.getcannabrush.com/

Old 03-15-2020, 09:48 PM #19
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
My buddy has a similar thing. He is ok while it's growing. As soon as it starts drying he gets sick. He dry trims though. If he walks in the room that weed is being dry trimmed, he freaks out.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

Old 03-15-2020, 09:49 PM #20
useless.gardens

< and you know my nugz be frosty