Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > browser window says not secure

Thread Title Search
browser window says not secure Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2020, 07:45 PM #1
chuckyoufarley

chuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond reputechuckyoufarley has a reputation beyond repute
browser window says not secure

why does it say not secure in the browser when i type in icmag

PEACE CHUCKY

jack & jill went up the hill to score a bag of grass jack was swift & rolled a spliff now he's gettin some ASS

i'm never alone even when i'm by myself
chuckyoufarley is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2020, 11:08 PM #2
Teddybrae
IC Mag Supporter

Teddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivorTeddybrae is a survivor
I 'm using Firefox and that what it tells me too.

I think this is because F/F has a very high standard of security in mind. You might say its warning is an attempt to shame sites into increasing their encryption.

Previously Skip has assured us that except for Government spy stuff ICMag is secure.

There are others here who know more about this than me ... they'll be along shortly I suspect ...

(By the way ... yr signature ... "alone" actually means 'all one'. So 'alone' means 'together'. As in: I feel really together today. Or: sounds really together, that Guy.)

i'm never alone even myself
Teddybrae is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:14 AM #3
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of lightAce Rothstein is a glorious beacon of light
Click on the Not secure and manage your site settings.
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2020, 05:48 AM #4
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
I'm running FF on medium, no issues.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2020, 06:13 AM #5
Cdnguy

Cdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really niceCdnguy is just really nice
Google Chrome saying Not secure aswell
Cdnguy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:20 PM #6
captainrelief

captainrelief will become famous soon enoughcaptainrelief will become famous soon enoughcaptainrelief will become famous soon enough
opera in privatemode,inbuild vpn enabled. says connection to site is secured.
captainrelief is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2020, 01:26 PM #7
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
We are currently in the process of upgrading the old VB software - to bring it up to date - that might be why certain browsers are telling you the site is off on security - I'm not having a problem on windows - but now certain browsers require sites to run on higher encryption - and so that problem should be taken care of - once we manage to upgrade to a newer version of VBulletin -

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:36 PM #8
TheForgotten

Whatever is happening, this site works well.... fast uploads, advertising displays w/o hangups like a lot of other sites....

Old 03-06-2020, 03:53 PM #9
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Do you have the S in https at the start of the website link? if not, try adding it.

Or click the link below:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 03-08-2020, 06:05 AM #10
asdfasf
huj nie grower

asdfasf has a spectacular aura aboutasdfasf has a spectacular aura aboutasdfasf has a spectacular aura aboutasdfasf has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv View Post
Do you have the S in https at the start of the website link? if not, try adding it.

Or click the link below:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/

He can add as many s' as he can but it won't help that the page uses weak encryption and this is the only reason we see the yellow exclamation mark next to the padlock with the message that the connection is not secure
asdfasf is offline Quote