Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Quantum Board led question for indoor

Thread Title Search
Quantum Board led question for indoor Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2020, 01:35 PM #11
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
Is the 43v still present when the lights go off?
f-e is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2020, 01:45 PM #12
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
Medface has said his works the same. Saying he can't turn it all the way, there is a stopping point in each direction
f-e is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2020, 03:44 PM #13
superhaze420

superhaze420 is on a distinguished road
I received my power meter plug.

I have checked the consumption of my quenatum board led.

Adjusting the dimmer. just before the leds turn off, the consumption is 260w. / 43v.

Adjusting the dimmer to a consumption of 240w/42v. the leds are seen with a very powerful and bright light. The heat sink of the plates gets very hot (60ºC/140ºf), but the manufacturer tells me that is normal. The driver also gets very hot.

I have adjusted the dimmer to 180w/40.5v consumption, the light is good and now I am in the growing stage. The temperature is high but acceptable, I can put my hand without burning.

So in short, everything works ok. The driver offers more power than the LED boards can hold, so they turn off when I set the dimmer to maximum. But everything is ok, it works according to the indicated consumption and voltage.

Thank you for your help
superhaze420 is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2020, 04:17 PM #14
f-e

Good to hear. These drives are about 93% efficient, so 260 at the wall is right. I run mine about 200 usually, and would see temps in the high 50s if it were not for sitting a 60mm PC on each. Getting them down to the mid 40s. A temperature difference that makes these LED's 3% more efficient. So cooling them is a great use of power.

The driver, when turned up, is trying to send 6.66Amps round. If it can do this with 36v worth of pushing, it's happy. 6.66 x 36 = 240w. So it's ideally suited to 240w 36v panels. Your panels won't let 6.66a flow through them without more pushing. The driver can push harder, it has 60v worth of pushing. However it's just killing itself trying to do that.

Your 180w at the wall, is about 165w of power to the LED's. So you must be demanding 4 amps through your LED's which the driver can do with 40.5v of shove. 4 x 40 = 160w. It seems you can demand anything up to 5.7A and to give you that the driver will have to push at 42v as 5.7 x 42 = 240. The problem is, the driver can be asked to provide 6.66a and try as it might, using more of it's 60v, it's just not that strong.

Anyway.. The bit you turn. Is it a plastic thing that you twist with a screwdriver? If so, I can almost guaranty that will be how your driver dies. You need a perfectly fitting screwdriver of it will get chewed up over time. These ballasts are for set&forget use. Not constantly changing them. I suggest a little investment into a ceramic or composite screwdriver of the right size. Then you won't loose it.
f-e is offline Quote