Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Where are your favorite places to buy CBD oil?

Thread Title Search
Where are your favorite places to buy CBD oil? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2020, 09:40 AM #1
yeonwoo

yeonwoo will become famous soon enough
Where are your favorite places to buy CBD oil?

Help a brotha out... knowing where to buy organic CBD oil can be a challenge. Some areas have it more readily available than others, and you may need to spend more in order to get the type of oil that you want. What tips do you have for people who are looking for CBD oil for the first time? Do you have a favorite place to shop for organic options?
yeonwoo is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2020, 01:42 PM #2
barnes.henry

barnes.henry is on a distinguished road
Yes, I like to buy from online(dablab) and they are so good.
barnes.henry is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2020, 08:05 PM #3
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivor
Is there a place that I could send a sample of CBD isolate to get tested?
Just a normal closet/tent grower. Non commercial, non licenced.
I just want to know if im getting what I paid for.
--- Useless.Gardens

My current thread
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2020, 08:21 PM #4
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Grow your own strains and make your own

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:20 PM #5
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivorCannaRed is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Grow your own strains and make your own
Yeah, I tried.
Well I only tried one pheno of Tiger Beat and 2 phenos of High Voltage. Both have THC.
I would love to get my hands on a CBD only strain.
Tiger beat was supposed to be 1:1 ratio. It tasted horrible.
High voltage was advertised as more towards a CBD only. It says some phenos are 13 to 1 CBD to THC. But i actually get higher from the HV than the TB, so I didn't get one of the ratios I was looking for.

But even if I did make my own, is there somewhere I could get it tested even though I'm in prohibitionland?
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2020, 12:57 AM #6
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Yeah, I tried.
Well I only tried one pheno of Tiger Beat and 2 phenos of High Voltage. Both have THC.
High voltage was advertised as more towards a CBD only. It says some phenos are 13 to 1 CBD to THC. But i actually get higher from the HV than the TB, so I didn't get one of the ratios I was looking for.

But even if I did make my own, is there somewhere I could get it tested even though I'm in prohibitionland?
I hear ya good buddy. I grow AC/DC, Har, and Dt. They all have THC which, btw, a necessary component. If I would chose a word for it, it is nitrous oxide for your CBD.

I make mari-pills out of my buds. Dependent on the cap size you use, you can mitigate the "unwanted" high for the lack of a better word. That being said, as THC remains in your system for weeks/months (medical users) all you need to do is keep fuel in your gas tank so to speak. CBD in your system is only used at the cellular level as required.

I'm in correspondence with another mbr here on the medical side of the house, re: a family mbr requires CBD. There is 2 distinct markets here: medical; and recreational and the two are polar opposites. Medical cannabis is in its infancy. My doctor says you guys and your CBDs, thinking it is the cure all for every ailment. There is no .... yadi, yada. What they call 99.9% CBD is pretty much neutered of all the "required" terpinoids" of x, y and z. That treat x,y and z.

I have been using for 2 yrs treating my diabetes. Went from an AIC of 9.3 to 5.1 I told my wife I had forgone my mid day pill and was thinking of taking a cleanse, e.g quit for a week. The wife said you know the outcome. I didn't quit for a week but, onlu took a pill on Sat, none on Sun, and sure enough Mondfay my blood sugar was up. This is amidst taking my normal diabetes meds. Resumed Tues, and all is well again.

If I was to recommend a CBD strain for you that is 20:1, That would be AC/DC. Very little psychedelic effect but, you can feel the tingle of CBD growing through your body.

It is 2 different beasts, and I am sorry, there is a lopt of BS out there. e.g Cw (Charlotte's Web) is less than 3% THC and high in CBD. It doesn't work for me. Yes high in CBD but it aggravates the shit out of me. Why? It was designed to treat Charlotte and ikids/people who suffer from her ailments. My doctor was right in a way. CBD is not the answer to everything. She is right but, she is also wrong. The proper strain will cure what ails you

FWIW, breeders have bred CBD out of strains in support of higher THC. Higher THC increases anxiety and paranoia but, the high is great. It is the terpenes you seek vice a strain. Here is a pic of the marijuana CBD tree. The true one, so I'm told. Anything else are copy cats, because CBD has been bred out. And breeding is done towards x, y z characteristics. Regardless what the rest shows. If it doesn't meeet x, y or z. It gets culled.

The grand daddy of them all is Ringo's gift and Harle Tsu. I will breed those one day! Hope this helps

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

Old 06-06-2020, 02:22 AM #7
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Anything else are copy cats, because CBD has been bred out. And breeding is done towards x, y z characteristics. NOT TRUE!
The CBD 'family tree' has expanded greatly. Loving Durban Potion crossing with P3. To date, nearly 23% CBD. Numerous breeders in CO, OR, WI are coming up with great CBD hybrids. We just take those a step farther.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 06-06-2020, 02:24 PM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
Anything else are copy cats, because CBD has been bred out. And breeding is done towards x, y z characteristics. NOT TRUE!*SNIP
... and you would be correct. OTOH, there is a ton of info out there wrt my statement, that, for a period folks were more intent on growing for THC content.

Yes there are breeders that continue to develop/improve CBD strains. As stated I have used straight CBD with mediocre results at best. Do I trust everything out there? No. So perhaps my terminology wasn't the greatest, but I have found strains that work for me, and, I know what's in them, based on their published "medical" strain profile.

X, y, z characteristics could be many from mold resistance etc... I support the work being done by the "true breeders" Yes I know that is a loaded statement, for which there is no pun intended. Where, my statement refers to "the medicinal component become 2nd (or an after thought) after THC content, frostiness or aroma.

The medical community is pretty much in its infancy. We don't know all the ins and outs (as previously discussed) but, as discussed on medical sites, it is going to be a long road ahead and, that is for the same reason many want to go back to "the roots" of certain strains, especially those that want to improve the medical component over all the other "let's say growing characteristics".

This work is also important. To the medicinal component of cannabis users.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:46 PM #9
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
[quote=CannaRed;8899068]Yeah, I tried.

But even if I did make my own, is there somewhere I could get it tested even though I'm in prohibitionland?[i]
Yes, however 0.3% for CBD Hemp strains, generally under the nano limit of testing.

While not tasty smoking, edibles, tinctures (which our customers love) make a great alternative.

We have several CBD Hemp strains for personal use vs. acreage hemp.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 06-15-2020, 12:05 AM #10
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Yeah, I tried.

Seriously! Is it good? Does it do the job? Does it do the "voodoo" it's supposed to do? Who gives a rats bottom about testing!

I rock AC/DC 20:1. Love it!