What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What size screen do you trim over?

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I looked at the TrimBins and comparable for a while.
Not sure if that's exactly what I want or not.
I understand that different cultivars will have different sizes of trichomes. So, multiple sizes to select from depending on trichomes would be ideal.

What size micron screen do you use?

Have you tried trim bins?

forest.

Last year i used an 100 micron screen with trimmings from 20 plants but i couldnt get much resin , i frozen the trimmings a night before and then on the screen and i think i got 1 gram of resin , i for sure did something wrong , this year i will dry to dry the trimmings and then throw them on the screen

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I ended up getting a 150 micron screen with the trim tray.
Lots of kief, but haven't inspected with microscope yet to see percentage of heads.
The only kief that melted was from Purple Satellite, but it was far from fmcd.

I want different micron sizes to play with

MedFaced

I don’t make dry sift currently but ice water hash. The best stuff comes out the 75. You can actually see the trichs stacked under a scope. It’s cool.

I’ve looked at the trim bin and think it’s a clever concept but I basically do a different version of what agent pothead does.

vcasqui

I don’t make dry sift currently but ice water hash. The best stuff comes out the 75. You can actually see the trichs stacked under a scope. It’s cool.

I’ve looked at the trim bin and think it’s a clever concept but I basically do a different version of what agent pothead does.

I like the 73(in my case) too. But I guess this is based on strain and environment; for example, when I made hash from PCKxKaliChina, the 90 was the best In my opinion.

Regarding the OP, I think I would go for a 120 screen for dry extractions. But if you can, go for water hash, since you can also filter thru a 25 micron screen. 25 micron hash is smokable but clearly inferior (it contains a lot of small particles of residue I think, since it's not really malleable). The best stuff is between 120 and 25 hands down.

Last edited:

nahual

the trim bins are nice for ergonomic purposes, like trimming in bed. the screen is known for leaking contaminent into the lower tray, where all your sift lies. it leaks around the edges on the screen, which is replaceable