Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > The Compound...

Thread Title Search
The Compound... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2019, 02:57 AM #21
star crash
Living The Life

star crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivor
Keep it coming .....I'm lurking

Old 10-27-2019, 05:10 AM #22
swapmeet

swapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by star crash View Post
Keep it coming .....I'm lurking
Definitely bro.... I know there's not much to see or talk about at this stage lol... I have been spoiled for the last 10 years or so growing from clone-only and I had forgotten how slow growing from seed is... haha I am just keeping track here more than anything... people will talk when there's something to talk about....lol. "If you build it, they will come."

Swap
swapmeet is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:21 PM #23
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant future
That`s more like it.....Pic`s public now.....Hey it`s great to have some kind of effort goin down here in nowhere`s ville since DE `s and Gavita`s hit the scene and upped the yields on flat grows.....and now it`s LED`s for all the rage , and I kinda dig em too so I`m proud ta see some new vert setups happening.....

I`ll be over here on my bucket , so carry on and keep up the good work.....Thanks for your time and Good luck.....

Peace.....DHF..... …….

Old 10-28-2019, 11:15 PM #24
swapmeet

swapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of lightswapmeet is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
That`s more like it.....Pic`s public now.....Hey it`s great to have some kind of effort goin down here in nowhere`s ville since DE `s and Gavita`s hit the scene and upped the yields on flat grows.....and now it`s LED`s for all the rage , and I kinda dig em too so I`m proud ta see some new vert setups happening.....

I`ll be over here on my bucket , so carry on and keep up the good work.....Thanks for your time and Good luck.....

Peace.....DHF..... …….
Hi there Freds,

I have a few double ended HPS 600 lights that I am going to try and run vertically, and I am going to try out these CMH lights, and see what I can do vertically there too.

I have believed that LED lighting was the future since I bought my first one in 2010... and someday I will likely evolve into that, but for now I am going vertical...Aero mentioned in his sticky that he was considering another vert run, so perhaps we can spice things up down here a little...

Swap

Old 10-29-2019, 01:57 AM #25
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant futureDunHav`nFun has a brilliant future
Somewhere round here I saw Hayday with some vertical LED arrays in his thread , and Ichabod Crane did a run with his LED`s up and down fairly recently I think.....maybe since wintertime`s settin in we can get him to start a thread since his yankee ass `ll be snowed in most likely soon.....lol.....also......

Waaaay back when LED`s first surfaced there was a guy here nicked Thrillspan that did a thread with some wild ass vertical LED arrays that were 5 sided If memory serves and actual 600 watters at the outlets …...again....

I`m floatin on old ass memory , I`m fairly sure there were 5 lights hangin with 6 Sensi Star bushes , and I was amazed at the size plants those lights put out....but.....the damn lights were $ 2500 each and I almost shit myself , although I think he pulled somethin in the 12 lb range ….again if my old ass remembers correctly.....but damn.....$12500 for fuckin lights....anyways.....

I`m waiting on all my old Eye horti 600`s to burn out and then I`ll get Icky to build me a few of his LED units for my lil headies closet , although a good setup would be 4 of his hangin in the middle of a small area with buncha smaller plants on racks up the walls like my old stacked 600 setups back in the day.....aight.....Get to work and thanks for the thread.....

Peace.....DHF..... …….

Old 10-29-2019, 04:18 AM #26
star crash
Living The Life

star crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivor
I'm an HPS guy (1000 watt bulbs).. i love the big flowers they produce ...If i'm growing big plants then sometimes i drop one down bare bulb (configure the plants doughnut style) in the middle of the grow hung vertically in combination with the horizontal hoods above ...that really baths them in light

Old 10-29-2019, 06:05 AM #27
swapmeet

Quote:
Somewhere round here I saw Hayday with some vertical LED arrays in his thread , and Ichabod Crane did a run with his LED`s up and down fairly recently I think.....maybe since wintertime`s settin in we can get him to start a thread since his yankee ass `ll be snowed in most likely soon.....lol.....also......

Waaaay back when LED`s first surfaced there was a guy here nicked Thrillspan that did a thread with some wild ass vertical LED arrays that were 5 sided If memory serves and actual 600 watters at the outlets …...again....

I`m floatin on old ass memory , I`m fairly sure there were 5 lights hangin with 6 Sensi Star bushes , and I was amazed at the size plants those lights put out....but.....the damn lights were $ 2500 each and I almost shit myself , although I think he pulled somethin in the 12 lb range ….again if my old ass remembers correctly.....but damn.....$12500 for fuckin lights....anyways.....

I`m waiting on all my old Eye horti 600`s to burn out and then I`ll get Icky to build me a few of his LED units for my lil headies closet , although a good setup would be 4 of his hangin in the middle of a small area with buncha smaller plants on racks up the walls like my old stacked 600 setups back in the day.....aight.....Get to work and thanks for the thread.....

Peace.....DHF..... …….
I was originally thinking about taking one of these 9 bulb fixtures apart and rearranging the t9s into a vertical cylinder that i could plop into the middle of a circle of plants for vegging....then I got a great deal on some 315s so I figured I could just put one of those in the middle of a veg donut so I could shape and train these bitches in the same system and light arrangement that they will be flowering in... Back when I was a mod over at Gardenscure I had a huge medical collective grow where I tried an LED light that was supposed to content with HID....it cost something close to 2k and performed about like a 6....except the footprint was like 2.8x2.8 so yields were shit.... That was back when they were just hitting the scene though, so I knew it would be a matter of time before they were the rage...

I appreciate your insight Freds, and I look forward to more as I try to maximize efficiency here and yield something nice to represent vertville... I may end up converting over to large numbers in stacked 600s on racks one day in the future, probably before I would consider going back horizontle, but I try and keep an open mind...

Thanks,

Swap

Old 10-29-2019, 06:21 AM #28
swapmeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by star crash View Post
I'm an HPS guy (1000 watt bulbs).. i love the big flowers they produce ...If i'm growing big plants then sometimes i drop one down bare bulb (configure the plants doughnut style) in the middle of the grow hung vertically in combination with the horizontal hoods above ...that really baths them in light
Up until this grow, I have always been a kw HPS guy. My last major grow was right around 10kw, ebb and grow x around 200 plants in flower, and 2 4x8 e and f tables also in the flower room. This grow is going to be all about efficiency yielding pretty good numbers. Back in the day JB showed us his little closet octagons with 8 plant donuts around a single 6... I think he ended up pulling the equivalent of 2 bows off a single 6 in like 3'x3' or something small like that.

Then Aero pulled 2.5 bows from one 6 plant donut around a stacked 4 and 6 in around 4'x4' or something like that. I figure if I can pull 1.5 off per donut, I can harvey 1.5 bows/week in my home grow room alone... over in the compound, slightly more than that, perhaps 10-12 bows per month. Perhaps in the next compound I will experiment with vert LED or things of that nature. Here, I will look to stack two 315 CMH vertical around an 8 plant donut and see what that result is.... Perhaps I will try stacking a 600 over a 315 too, and see how that works... time will answer those questions as will runs under my belt...

Swap

Old 10-29-2019, 06:07 PM #29
DunHav`nFun

The first donut setup I ever saw online was my `ol buddy from Cross da Pond Heath Robinson with concentric circles and bare bulb Eye Horti 600`s hangin in his version of ebb and flow/"multi-flow" buckets growin his Black Rose purple plants , and this was 1 of the biggest setups of his I`d ever seen cuz he was known for growin single or at best double 600 watt setups perpetually in smaller areas for faster turnover......long story short.....

It was learned that the backsides of the plants suffered without light getting through once the bulbs were dropped down amongst the plants when stretch was over and they were so thick and healthy, and the reflectix on the walls helped , but for the most part the plants in the middle of the room caught overlap from the light configuration and yield increase was noted......so.....bottom line.....

Trade offs and learnin curves on all new setups , and I wish I could sway you toward DTW coco usin Dripclean with barely enough runoff to call it DTW if this is gonna be a production type setup for consistent returns , on top of being bulletproof from any type rootborn pathogens you could encounter with all your DWC and Undercurrent efforts , but far be it from me to say anything but good luck and hope for happy harveys ....and.....I will....

Good luck ....DHF.... .....

Old 10-29-2019, 06:45 PM #30
star crash
Living The Life

Quote:
The first donut setup I ever saw online was my `ol buddy from Cross da Pond Heath Robinson with concentric circles and bare bulb Eye Horti 600`s hangin in his version of ebb and flow/"multi-flow" buckets growin his Black Rose purple plants , and this was 1 of the biggest setups of his I`d ever seen cuz he was known for growin single or at best double 600 watt setups perpetually in smaller areas for faster turnover......long story short.....

It was learned that the backsides of the plants suffered without light getting through once the bulbs were dropped down amongst the plants when stretch was over and they were so thick and healthy, and the reflectix on the walls helped , but for the most part the plants in the middle of the room caught overlap from the light configuration and yield increase was noted......so.....bottom line.....

Trade offs and learnin curves on all new setups , and I wish I could sway you toward DTW coco usin Dripclean with barely enough runoff to call it DTW if this is gonna be a production type setup for consistent returns , on top of being bulletproof from any type rootborn pathogens you could encounter with all your DWC and Undercurrent efforts , but far be it from me to say anything but good luck and hope for happy harveys ....and.....I will....

Good luck ....DHF.... .....

That's why i keep them independent and in containers so you can turn them around individually when needed ...