What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What fumes kill mold on harvested buds and dissipate completely?

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Do at matter your environment. You wash away all terps and any other water soluble contents over the course of days. It’s really only necessary if you have contamination. It’s also only really practical if making edibles, but you can look it up. There are people on the form who do it for medical reasons and report that they lose all flavor/smell when smoking but they have their medicine they need. Also read that it increases potency(THC), because water soluble compounds are washed away during the water cure process.
If I had a weed centrifuge maybe

I Care

Doesn’t matter your environment because after a water cure you can quick dry, even use a dehydrator if need be. Because the cure happens in the water. If one must go through the of effort contaminating their crop to stop other forms of contamination, water cure is an option.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Doesn’t matter your environment because after a water cure you can quick dry, even use a dehydrator if need be. Because the cure happens in the water. If one must go through the of effort contaminating their crop to stop other forms of contamination, water cure is an option.
Just goes against everything I've ever learned. Pure distilled water maybe I'd still like a centrifuge dry it and put in a ziploc

I Care

It really doesn’t have to be all or nothing. I am a pipe smoker, but I am okay with some stuff that is a little harsh or bland over nothing. Roll a doob, dry sift, or cook with it works too if your using for health reason.

This shit works for beautiful leaves
Ohh!!! I gotta locate some of this. I consume citric acid on the daily.

lol to that song, so many nights high and drunk. Probably would have never made it out of my home town if I hadn’t put that state of mind in the past.

I Care

Gotta see that xylazine in vape cartridges thread to understand the thoughts behind trying to save contaminated flowers for consumption. I know ppl who were using drug test kits on their black market weed discovering inorganic compounds in the pot they were accessing in the eastern US.

Brother Nature

I understand the thought process very well. The need to save contaminated flower has nothing to do with the end consumer, especially when coupled with packaging your product in that manner. No doubt black market product wasn't always the best out there, but that should have been the point of legalization, to provide much needed transparency in an industry that relied on the opposite. Packaging your poorly produced product into a shiny blue liquid that tastes like candy doesn't progress the industry in a positive way, it puts us back at square one, with the hustlers and thieves.

acespicoli

Yeah
How you know what kind of mold it is and if it's mycotoxines aren't soluble in ethanol?
toxins good point :huggg: trash is trash
no such thing as trash to stash 🤷‍♂️
Better safe than sorry

Aflatoxins are various poisonous carcinogens and mutagens that are produced by certain molds, particularly Aspergillus species mainly by Aspergillus flavus[1] and Aspergillus parasiticus.[2]

Total yeast and mold (TYM) levels in inflorescences of high THC-containing Cannabis sativa (cannabis) are regulated to ensure that medicinal and recreational users, especially those with immunocompromised systems, are not exposed to potentially harmful levels. In North America, the limits imposed range from 1,000–10,000 cfu/g of dried product to 50,000–100,000 cfu/g

On a healthy looking crop devoid of testing of course
the solvent and decarb treatment seems like a extra step in sterilizing the product ?
@chilliwilli brilliant observation :angelshug:as sad as losing plants is theres worse things... ?

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
@acespicoli i know out of recent experience.
I tested some clean looking buds from a moldy plant. There were some uninfected buds that weren't touching a moldy bud so i thought it was safe to test them. But i got pityriasis rosea from it. I'm not 100% sure it was the moldy buds but it started soon after(iirc 2d) after testing them.

How it started

20240402_143601~3.jpg

My hands now after 3 weeks

20240423_143418~2.jpg

I Care

That’s just propaganda chilliwilli.

I understand the thought process very well. The need to save contaminated flower has nothing to do with the end consumer, especially when coupled with packaging your product in that manner. No doubt black market product wasn't always the best out there, but that should have been the point of legalization, to provide much needed transparency in an industry that relied on the opposite. Packaging your poorly produced product into a shiny blue liquid that tastes like candy doesn't progress the industry in a positive way, it puts us back at square one, with the hustlers and thieves.
I don’t mean like homegrown or brick weed or anything between when I say black market. I mean like the dark trade black market internet consecutive individuals have told me about over the years. Everybody hatin on mids, I say bring it back.
Dont want anyone to think I am confused on the ethical differences. I don’t mean unlawful trade because the only problem there is just the regulation when I say black market.

When I say black market, I mean open trade internet exploit black market where inorganic research chemicals come from.
Have thought how to save a moldy crop is thc extraction with 180% ethanol and decab enough to make it safe to use as rso or hash, oil etc ?
How you know what kind of mold it is and if it's mycotoxines aren't soluble in ethanol?
What will it be soluble in that THC is not soluble in. Some who fart more than others are keen on water curing cannabis because of surface mold..
Yeah

toxins good point :huggg: trash is trash
no such thing as trash to stash 🤷‍♂️
Better safe than sorry

Aflatoxins are various poisonous carcinogens and mutagens that are produced by certain molds, particularly Aspergillus species mainly by Aspergillus flavus[1] and Aspergillus parasiticus.[2]

Total yeast and mold (TYM) levels in inflorescences of high THC-containing Cannabis sativa (cannabis) are regulated to ensure that medicinal and recreational users, especially those with immunocompromised systems, are not exposed to potentially harmful levels. In North America, the limits imposed range from 1,000–10,000 cfu/g of dried product to 50,000–100,000 cfu/g

On a healthy looking crop devoid of testing of course
the solvent and decarb treatment seems like a extra step in sterilizing the product ?
@chilliwilli brilliant observation :angelshug:as sad as losing plants is theres worse things... ?
That shit took a toll on my kidneys when I was exposed to that for some time. I would wake up because I was short of breath and it was a long time before any remediation was done to the home.

acespicoli

@acespicoli i know out of recent experience.
I tested some clean looking buds from a moldy plant. There were some uninfected buds that weren't touching a moldy bud so i thought it was safe to test them. But i got pityriasis rosea from it. I'm not 100% sure it was the moldy buds but it started soon after(iirc 2d) after testing them.

How it started

View attachment 18992094

My hands now after 3 weeks

View attachment 18992095
Went to the doc one time they said I had
“Dermatitis” is a word used to describe a number of skin irritations and rashes caused by genetics, an overactive immune system, infections, allergies, irritating substances and more. Common symptoms include dry skin, redness and itchiness. In the word “dermatitis,” “derm” means “skin” and “itis” means “inflammation.” 🤷‍♂️ fancy term for skin itch ;)

an irritant for sure, Get well soon 🙏

Latest posts

Latest posts