Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Grow opportunity - need advice

Thread Title Search
Grow opportunity - need advice Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2019, 06:54 PM #11
art.spliff

art.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant future
Use this board as a resource ~10-50% of your work time and allocate the rest for phone calls, working in the field, etc.

Ask for a living wage + benefits what you think you are worth, some people are accustomed to a paycheck while some people earn cash. Paperwork, try and make the most of it instead of it slowing you down. Whatever a decent rate is, e.g. if you ask for a lot of money, then feel obligated to meet your own expectation, try and lessen that. Salary + benefits + some% of the profit
Or
You're able to cover your own expenses, as a property manager it's yours and the other party is the money person an accountant, investor, partner. In this case you may stand to lose or gain more, there may be no fixed salary or buffer for financial loss or mishaps, if the crop goes under one year then no income, so better have 2-3 crops in different locations or spend less than your budget in your initial plan. Say 50/50. At the end of the day we are all human beings, better to get ahead of a good relationship in the beginning. If something about it doesn't seem quite right weigh your options, you can always start cultivating hemp somewhere else for a year or two to gain experience at which point it won't matter if you have managed someone else's farm or not. Good luck
art.spliff is online now Quote

Old 09-21-2019, 07:00 PM #12
art.spliff

art.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant future
It's another way of saying contracts can be deceiving, you are somehow held accountable or liable for something you said, or what someone else expects of you. Lawyers and contracts or not, it's the same thing as if it were a ninja mob or cowboy film, half suspicious, one person might be street wise and another has a personal lawyer, it could be the same thing. There is just something about working for someone else,
art.spliff is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2019, 12:14 AM #13
midwestkid

midwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nice
Thanks for the input. All valid points. It's a start up, so I would be in on the ground floor. I'm just unclear at this point what my responsibilities would be. I'm still unclear on the size and scope.
I just sent an email of questions and concerns to the owner and hopefully this will shed some light on things.
My main focus is trying to find leads on proven seed stock that produces high cbd plants at this point.
I'm also considering how to assemble a contract that covers me so I will still be compensated if I create an infrastructure and am then fired because I'm no longer necessary.
Any leads on genetics?
midwestkid is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2019, 03:36 AM #14
highsteppa

highsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
As long as you're not doing it old school, all you need is maybe 3 for 57 acres, and your top heavy on the management side unless they're running tractors too.

57 acres is really a one person job.
I’d love to hear of your personal experience that has led you this conclusion. It’s not corn.
highsteppa is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2019, 03:38 AM #15
highsteppa

highsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
As long as you're not doing it old school, all you need is maybe 3 for 57 acres, and your top heavy on the management side unless they're running tractors too.

57 acres is really a one person job.
I’d love to hear of your personal experience that has led you this conclusion.

Old 09-22-2019, 06:55 PM #16
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Corn schmorn. It's all the same.

Prep the field, plant and harvest with farm equipment. If you do it manually, you'll need a hundred people. 50 acres is quite small. But it's huge if you do it manually.

You're not growing bud. It's hemp. And is it an oil crop (seed/feed) or a fibre crop? They're both very different.

I suggest you take a ride and visit a hemp farm.

Boreal Lights Semi Auto

---

"There could be shadow galaxies, shadow stars and even shadow people."
-- Steven Hawking

Isaac Asimov
"Gods serve us because we know so little about the world."
-
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 09-23-2019, 02:15 AM #17
highsteppa

I don’t have to visit a hemp farm as we’re surrounded by them. Bud is exactly what we’re growing, even the stuff that’s getting combined. It’s cool, I think your prob looking at hemp for seed or dual purpose seed/fiber ✌️

Old 09-23-2019, 02:39 AM #18
midwestkid

midwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nicemidwestkid is just really nice
I am under the impression we will be growing flowers for cbd production. No fiber or seed.
What varieties are you growing highsteppa?

Old 09-23-2019, 03:59 AM #19
highsteppa

Mostly a clone of Otto 2 pulled out of 15k plants. Mixed batch of others

Old 09-23-2019, 10:27 PM #20
midwestkid

Highsteppa. Can you explain how you go about running clones on that scale?