Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > What are you favorite trimming shears?

Thread Title Search
What are you favorite trimming shears? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2019, 01:39 PM #11
highsteppa

highsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nicehighsteppa is just really nice
Chikamasa...once I got used to them fiskars became obsolete. They’re faster, more precise and best of all no hand fatigue
highsteppa is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:58 PM #12
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Fiskars micro sheers are hands down my favorite.

They're spring loaded to save fatigue on your paws and they're the best, IME, at getting deep within the nugs if needed/desired.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:11 PM #13
big315smooth

big315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Just noticed my typo in the thread title lol. But yeah, I think the Fiskars won some sort of award for being the best pruner for people with arthritis or something like that. I used regular scissors before and man was that a pain, literally. The Fiskars are very comfortable and easy on the hands. The cap they come with is also a nice touch.

To clean mine I soak the blades in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off with a paper towel or old rag. I know it's a waste of hash, but I could care less when there is a large pile of buds in front of me.
im same soak and wipe stop scraping them awhile ago found it damages the blade. i do go pop a spring here n there they are cheap tho
big315smooth is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:33 PM #14
Dankwolf

Dankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond reputeDankwolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Just noticed my typo in the thread title lol. But yeah, I think the Fiskars won some sort of award for being the best pruner for people with arthritis or something like that. I used regular scissors before and man was that a pain, literally. The Fiskars are very comfortable and easy on the hands. The cap they come with is also a nice touch.

To clean mine I soak the blades in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off with a paper towel or old rag. I know it's a waste of hash, but I could care less when there is a large pile of buds in front of me.
Soak in cooking oil instead . you will never go back to the alchol . just remember to wipe excess oil off .

female seeds 2020 outdoor

oregon genetics group

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:37 PM #15
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by big315smooth View Post
im same soak and wipe stop scraping them awhile ago found it damages the blade. i do go pop a spring here n there they are cheap tho
Fiskar will send you free springs if you ask for them. I emailed them expecting to buy, told them three out of eight broke, they sent eight free springs. Was a couple months ago.
redlaser is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:17 PM #16
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Count me in for Chikamasa b-500something. I don't have the curved blades, I'm not sure what the model is I'll see if I can find the packaging. Make sure you get the ones with the fluorine coating. Makes cleaning them a breeze, just dip into iso every 20 minutes or so and wipe clean. When I was using normal sewing scissors to trim they were getting gummed up so fast.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.

Last edited by AgentPothead; 04-10-2019 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: cause
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 08:21 PM #17
Lyfespan

Lyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud ofLyfespan has much to be proud of
fiskars micros, and fuck those one with that gold "titanium" on them that shit scrapes off and gets in the trim hash
Lyfespan is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 10:25 PM #18
big315smooth

big315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivorbig315smooth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Count me in for Chikamasa b-500srf. Make sure you get the ones with the fluorine coating. Makes cleaning them a breeze, just dip into iso every 20 minutes or so and wipe clean. When I was using normal sewing scissors to trim they were getting gummed up so fast.
wonder how they work. im always down to try something new tried alot of them. i got a graveyard cup full of scissors that sucked ass.i cant throw them out. some of them look cool though.
big315smooth is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 10:36 PM #19
pinkus

pinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant futurepinkus has a brilliant future
Quote:

Fiskars for sure.

I use two pair, one soaking in a big shot glass with everclear while I clip clip clip with the other pair. After a bunch of trimming I take the everclear and add it to a batch of coconut canna oil I'm making in the crockpot. IME, it works best when there is plenty of weed, water and oil in the crock.
pinkus is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:44 PM #20
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by big315smooth View Post
wonder how they work. im always down to try something new tried alot of them. i got a graveyard cup full of scissors that sucked ass.i cant throw them out. some of them look cool though.
Pretty sure I got mine at the local grow store for 25$ or so. Really worth it. Anything with the fluorine coating is gonna kick ass though.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.