Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Mid Western Hemp breeding.

Thread Title Search
Mid Western Hemp breeding. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2019, 11:17 PM #21
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
As someone who doesn't live in the US Midwest, is there a central hub of seed collectors? Is there any organized groups dedicated to preserving the "Ditch Weed" ? I get that many will shun this idea, but these plants are resilient. They escaped the farms in 1945, and have been self sustaining ever since. Seed begging is frowned upon on this site and rightly so, but... Hemp is currently sold many hundred dollar for a kilo. Not sold in packs of 10. Also no place I know of no one that sells midwestern ditch weed. If anyone in the mid-west with a collection of ditch weed seeds that want to see these genetics grown in a tropical zone, please PM me.

*If solicitating seeds are against the rules, please forgive me. I would gladly spend money for wild, feral, ditch weed hemp seeds. They are just not offered. There is a market for it!

Thank you.

Old 04-21-2019, 11:18 PM #22
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Also on my wish list are cannabis seeds for the Northern Japanese island of Hokkaido.

Some say it's hemp, others say it's hemp.

Any Japanese Icmagers out there?

Old 04-22-2019, 01:37 AM #23
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to behold
Ace seeds has the Hokkaido hemp you are seeking.
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:13 AM #24
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
I have planted males in spots where it grows far far from my house actually, killed the hemp males even. It would realistically take millions of plants to do the job here. I can drive a pickup down certain railroad tracks in other towns and fill the entire bed in no time in fall if I wanted. You can chop a hemp plant at soil level in july and come back to a 5x5 bush a month later it is very hardy.
Sounds like it has nice properties. If someone wanted to try and find the wild stuff with ripe seeds on it, what would be the right time of year? Early October?
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

Old 04-22-2019, 06:12 AM #25
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
I lived in Iowa for fifteen years, east half of the state top to bottom. It’s fairly common in some areas, on back roads if you take the time to look for it, lots a times it’s only a few plants but big patches too. They spray it by more heavily travelled roads. Massive amounts on private land comparable to horse weed or thistle in other places

I know they will arrest you for possessing it or harvesting it, at least highway patrol will. A couple guys were harvesting sumac in a roadside ditch and the cops busted them for pot because I guess they were not plant experts.
As far as collecting seeds maybe earlier than November, but Nov. for sure, I’ve collected in February and later too, depends if birds get to them. The flowers I’ve seen are pretty sparse, not a big mold magnet

Most of the larger hemp plants were only slightly taller than their width.
redlaser is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:22 AM #26
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivorPDX Dopesmoker is a survivor
Thanks for the info, I wonder if all the police in Iowa will be occupied sucking politician cock for most of late fall and earlier winter this year. It might be safer for collecting sumac and it's lookalikes this season.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:49 AM #27
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
It’s a possibility I hadn’t considered, but I would also use traditional precautions as well.
Iowa has endless soybean and corn fields and a few houses, so people notice strangers, if they are around to see.
Really need to find a spot to park and walk, railroad tracks are good. Smaller the town the better generally for availability.
redlaser is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:45 AM #28
PDX Dopesmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser View Post
It’s a possibility I hadn’t considered, but I would also use traditional precautions as well.
Iowa has endless soybean and corn fields and a few houses, so people notice strangers, if they are around to see.
Really need to find a spot to park and walk, railroad tracks are good. Smaller the town the better generally for availability.
I've driven across Iowa and most of the other states in that region while avoiding the interstate system before, so I guess it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out whats up, but I'm not all too familiar. Thanks for the tips

Old 04-22-2019, 05:57 PM #29
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor'Boogieman' is a survivor
I can definitely get you midwest hemp seeds if you really want, I have to be careful being caught with midwest hemp can get me charged. I won't be able to get them until about mid September though. I have blue widow x midwest hemp, special queen x midwest hemp, and Durban poison x midwest hemp lol I just been sticking the seeds from my grows in jars the plan was to use them for sst but I don't really care.

PDX Dopesmoker about mid September the seeds are ready, but it's much easier to find stands in November as it's the only green plant left standing in Indiana. Along creeks, irrigation ditches, and railroad tracks are the best spots to find it.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:18 AM #30
PDX Dopesmoker

I was going to mention irrigation waterways when you mentioned the railroad tracks. I have a pet theory that wild pot plants do some of their traveling during high water events because the seeds float and because the map of the Hunter Valley cannabis infestation in Australia outlines the river system.