Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > a question about wide-spread hemp...

Thread Title Search
a question about wide-spread hemp... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2019, 10:02 PM #21
pipeline
Cannabotanist

pipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant futurepipeline has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta9nxs View Post
actually, outdoor hemp farmers prefer to use feminized seed in which only about 1 out of 4000 is male. they look for those and try to eliminate them as soon as possible.

the ones who are not using feminized seed diligently walk their fields in weeks 5 and 6 to eliminate all males before they throw pollen. this is to keep extraction yield up.

this is for cbd oil extraction which is what most hemp farmers in the U.S. are growing for.

hemp farmers growing for fiber will usually take all plants before pollination can occur so they pose little threat as well.

it is the ones growing for seed that you have to worry about as they will just let everything go full course until harvest.

but so far few farmers in north america are growing for seed as the chinese have a strong presence in the seed for food market.

Cool! Thats pretty good news. I think I'll pass on the chinese hemp!
“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He [c]will take of Mine and declare it to you. John 16:12-16 NKJV

https://roundtablereport.com

https://www.newswars.com/

https://www.infowars.com/

https://banned.video

pipeline is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 06:45 AM #22
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Has there ever been a test on the results of crossing a high thc strain with pure hemp? In nature how many generation until the thc is effected?

Old 04-09-2019, 09:02 AM #23
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4genetics View Post
Has there ever been a test on the results of crossing a high thc strain with pure hemp? In nature how many generation until the thc is effected?
It's been done I'm sure and I think the cannabinoid levels average out.

Over time and depending on selection of course it will change.

I suspect a good majority of the CBD strains today are just that.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:45 AM #24
hunt4genetics

hunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nicehunt4genetics is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
It's been done I'm sure and I think the cannabinoid levels average out.

Over time and depending on selection of course it will change.

I suspect a good majority of the CBD strains today are just that.
Would it happen in 1 generation? For example a hemp male pollinates, a haze female. It produces seeds. Those seed are planted, how much would potency drop in that 1st generation of plants that grow?

Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM #25
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4genetics View Post
Would it happen in 1 generation? For example a hemp male pollinates, a haze female. It produces seeds. Those seed are planted, how much would potency drop in that 1st generation of plants that grow?
Any combination of things could happen to both the genotype and phenotype. You'd have to pollinate hundreds of females with hundreds of males to explore it. A daunting and expensive task to get results in only a couple years.

You could do one for fun I suppose.

Boreal Lights Semi Auto

---

"There could be shadow galaxies, shadow stars and even shadow people."
-- Steven Hawking

Isaac Asimov
"Gods serve us because we know so little about the world."
-
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

Old 04-09-2019, 11:46 AM #26
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Any combination of things could happen to both the genotype and phenotype. You'd have to pollinate hundreds of females with hundreds of males to explore it. A daunting and expensive task to get results in only a couple years.

You could do one for fun I suppose.
Or you could plant hemp seeds beside an LP and let them figure it out.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:38 AM #27
gorilla ganja

gorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to beholdgorilla ganja is a splendid one to behold
From what I have read when crossing a high THC cultivar with a high CBD cultivar the resulting offspring are roughly as follows.
25% high THC
50% 1:1 ratio
25% high CBD

Peace GG
gorilla ganja is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:45 AM #28
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It could end up something like the recent case of the organic farmer Steve Marsh, who took a neighbouring farmer, Mr Baxter, who was using GM crops, to court for wind contamination of his organic crops, and losing his organic certification. The court ruled against the organic farmer with Monsanto bankrolling the GM farmer.
""""""""""The court found neighbour Michael Baxter had not acted negligently and could not be held responsible just for growing a GM crop in a conventional way. It also awarded Mr Baxter costs.""""""""""
If the table is turned and a farmer wants to plant cleaned corn seeds and they get MON pollen on them, they sue.
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2019, 03:15 AM #29
troutman
Seed Whore

Luckily, Hemp is normally planted in agricultural fields.

So mountain guerilla growers would be safe from Hemp pollen if they are far enough.

No farmers fields near my mountain grown Wild Tomatoes.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:48 PM #30
EastFortRock

EastFortRock is a jewel in the roughEastFortRock is a jewel in the roughEastFortRock is a jewel in the roughEastFortRock is a jewel in the roughEastFortRock is a jewel in the roughEastFortRock is a jewel in the rough
In Southern Oregon the hemp growers are growing for CBD. They don’t want males and they pay people to walk the fields looking for hermies and males. Even so, The friend of of a friend got his backyard THC grow seeded by a neighboring hemp field.
EastFortRock is offline Quote