Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 57 44.88%
Yes, I am offended. 41 32.28%
No, I am not offended at all. 28 22.05%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2018, 05:41 PM #41
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
I always.. hear people with small operations complain about supporting big business. Then I look at them and they are wearing Nike shoes, shirt from mass produced India, eating food from General Mills, driving car from Ford, burning gas from OPEC, home loan from Freddy May, etc

"no one will pay extra for home made candles....!" “people are stupid and have no clue”.

Personally I cant support most small operations but I do do what I can. I spend the lest amount I can on consumer goods. I grow what I can to eat, buy meat from local butchers, always try to buy second hand goods from thrift stores or craigslist.

-----As far as cannabis legalization and culture. I am so glad to see the illegal culture of cannabis gone... It is so nice to walk into my friends backyards and see plants growing and get a jar of buds when I leave, no worries no paranoia.

I love going to the store looking at 10 kinds of buds buy some and walking out no worries. So nice...

Do I miss the days of people living like rats in the “war on drugs” ? No, not at all. That sucked.. People peeked tru windows looking for cops, paranoid about best friends being “narcs”. Buying small over priced bags of ? For absurd amounts.

I understand that some people made a living from that and it is going away. But I do not miss it at all ? absolutely not.. I love legal weed !

If living like a rat in the war on drugs was your "culture" you can replace it with meth, house robberies, coke, crack. Same culture different substance.

Last edited by green404; 07-20-2018 at 05:55 PM..
green404 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:00 PM #42
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
I always.. here people with small operations complain about supporting big business. Then I look at them and they are wearing Nike shoes, shirt from mass produced India, eating food from General Mills, driving car from Ford, burning gas from OPEC, home loan from Freddy May, etc

"no one will pay extra for home made candles....!" “people are stupid and have no clue”.

Personally I cant support most small operations but I do do what I can. I spend the lest amount I can on consumer goods. I grow what I can to eat, buy meat from local butchers, always try to buy second hand goods from thrift stores or craigslist.

-----As far as cannabis legalization and culture. I am so glad to see the illegal culture of cannabis gone... It is so nice to walk into my friends backyards and see plants growing and get a jar of buds when I leave, no worries no paranoia.

I love going to the store looking at 10 kinds of buds buy some and walking out no worries. So nice...

Do I miss the days of people living like rats in the “war on drugs” ? No, not at all. That sucked.. People peeked tru windows looking for cops, paranoid about best friends being “narcs”. Buying small over priced bags of ? For absurd amounts.

I understand that some people made a living from that and it is going away. But I do not miss it at all ? absolutely not.. I love legal weed !

If living like a rat in the war on drugs was your "culture" you can replace it with meth, house robberies, coke, crack. Same culture different substance.
You must be looking at these modern “neo-hippy” types that are nothing more than “consumers constantly consuming consumables ‘cause it’s cool”.

The WAR ON DRUGS was started as an offensive by the governments, AGAINST IT’S PEOPLES.
MJPassion is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:23 PM #43
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
shaggyballs is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:42 PM #44
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by green404 View Post
I always.. hear people with small operations complain about supporting big business. Then I look at them and they are wearing Nike shoes, shirt from mass produced India, eating food from General Mills, driving car from Ford, burning gas from OPEC, home loan from Freddy May, etc

Some of the smart folks are willing.

Is that legal to buy weed from your friend like that?
See if your happy when it all pans out??
Look at canada as the model of the future.

You guys all keep talking about super high prices, that has been gone for a long time, legalization has little to do with cheap prices.
Where I live it is not legal, but you can buy an oz. for $100 and it is not trash it is not top shelf but it is really good, you can get cheaper but quality suffers.
So you see legalization is not the only way to get cheap weed.

Even if it becomes mail order swag, like they have in Canada?
If living like a rat in the war on drugs was your "culture" you can replace it with meth, house robberies, coke, crack.Same culture different substance.
Wow, according to you cannabis growers should be put in the same catagory as meth users, house robbers, coke addicts, crackheads.
Wow is all I can say.

Are you a cop? If not?
What the hell are you doing on a cannabis culture website?
This is sooo wrong on so many levels, you are above it all from the way you talk, but if you smoke weed, are you not one of us??
shaggyballs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:33 AM #45
BongFu

BongFu is a jewel in the roughBongFu is a jewel in the roughBongFu is a jewel in the roughBongFu is a jewel in the roughBongFu is a jewel in the roughBongFu is a jewel in the rough
I'm really going to miss the rip-offs, rorts, narcs, busts, scumbags and moldy PGR shitty bud grown by hooyas with criminal ethics. Let's celebrate what prohibition built:-) RIP
BongFu is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 02:20 AM #46
Mountain Sprout

Mountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really niceMountain Sprout is just really nice
The problem with prop 64 is that it’s regulation not legalization and the rules are being written by big money, politicians and lobbyists. There will still be rip-offs, narcs, busts, scumbags and moldy pfr bud. The regulations allow it. Bud can have visible mold and still pass. Since it’s prepackaged you won’t know till you get home and good luck returning it with the seal broken. The new regs say a lb can weigh up to 10 grams under a pound and still be cool. Wtf? They can regulate the shit out of it but can’t make a lb weigh a full pound? They can short you a half g on an ounce “legally”. That seems like a rip-off. All I want is free market competition. Grow what you can and get what you can get for it, in a fair and open market.
Mountain Sprout is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2018, 02:27 AM #47
moose eater

Envy and greed are far too common in our species. As is the willingness to step on another's hand or head in order to get a better view.

Caine and Abel, if they existed, are one example of how many humans function.

Then there's the power of social acceptance. Being an outcast or outlaw, for some, taxes them too much internally/spiritually. Seeking forgiveness or acceptance from the Almighty Papa. They strive to belong, to be seen as normal. An outlaw isn't often regarded by mainstream society as normal, so there's a cost there for those who have difficulty walking their own road of conscience.

I lived as legalizer, activist, and outlaw for a LONG time. An activist in other issues not related to cannabis, as well. I feel apologetic to no one for those choices, other than for the stress those days brought to my family, for fear of the doors imploding, or some of my children's friends not being permitted by their parents to play at our home.

I sincerely tried to live those days by conscience, and still do..

Reading a few years back about new licensees in the canna markets attending arraignments in the Mat-Su Valley (-well- before they were even properly set up to grow or retail) for indictments levied upon a couple of delivery services up here who operated in the gray after legalization (ACDC and Discrete Deliveries), and seeing the 'new' members to the legal canna community applauding the prosecutions of these two companies, said most of what I needed to see to affirm my beliefs re. the propensities of our species stated above, and voiced or written by others here..

When systems and governments are as questionable or scummy as they are now, I'm not bothered badly by being perceived by some as an outcast and outlaw.

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:04 AM #48
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Excellent post again moose_eater...K++

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:23 AM #49
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
When systems and governments are as questionable or scummy as they are now, I'm not bothered badly by being perceived by some as an outcast and outlaw.

Neither am I. I don't want acceptance from people the system considers normal. I want a thin veneer of normality that allows me to go about my business undetected. If you don't care what people think about you, you don't need validation from them. Great post!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:07 PM #50
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Free Market Cannabis doesn't help finance the US gov Terror War.
St. Phatty is online now Quote