Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 57 44.88%
Yes, I am offended. 41 32.28%
No, I am not offended at all. 28 22.05%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2018, 01:05 AM #31
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac_AU View Post
That describes me perfectly even now because it's still illegal here. Although it's not about making money for me at all. The worst part about smoking in a country with prohibition is looking for a reliable supply of decent weed, any weed actually unless you're in the know.

When I started growing in the early 90s it was even worse. If it wasn't for those people in Amsterdam I just wouldn't have been able to get my hands on good genetics. I highly respect anyone past or present who risks prosecution to breed or research cannabis.

I just feel if a law is wrong it is our duty to break it.
That's why I think Marc is a hero.

Not a lot of people like him.

It seems people forget all those that came before them...

Even if those forefathers gave us everything we have today.

The lack of respect is immense.
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:31 AM #32
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Ive seen a handful of people on here say things that suggest that if you are not growing for a large legal operation then it must mean you are a part of a cartel or a crazy meth addict. I am neither. I simply learned to grow to take care of my own supply. And it turned into a way to feed my family and pay bills. I purposely never tried to go big or get rich. Just get by and hopefully help my friends make a few bucks.
The factions are many and varied in our community. One size does not fit all.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:23 AM #33
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
The last post I want to make on this is following:

The guys that got rich in the Gold Rush, weren't the miners. Most of the miners didn't make money and plenty died. A few got rich, but the ones that were sure to get rich were not miners. It was the guy with the general store.

So no farmer mono-crops because market prices fluctuate as well as it's smart to diversify. Mono-cropping is a bad move in the farming industry. That's why the potato famine started in Ireland. They grew too few types of potatoes.

So what's happening in the west coast with cannabis, happens in every industry. People get into it when the market is up. Then too many people get into it when prices are high and prices crash. Then people lose investments. Then price goes back up again, for those that stuck it out.

Of course it's more complicated with legalization. Biz is biz no matter and farming is farming. So don't just grow drugs that are border line. There's plenty of other interesting things to do that can broaden horizons.

Mate I agree with you. I was just trying to work out what you were getting at. Keep contributing you've got some interesting points of view.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:02 AM #34
P-NUT

P-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of light
You guys are pointing out a major problem in this country. The death of the family farm. If anything be it persimmons or avocados or watermelons no matter the crop if the price goes up too many gets planted and the price tumbles. Then some loose their land and someone else buys it and makes their farm bigger and so on and so on. Dont see an answer to the problem without some politicians trying to fix it and causing more problems. People dont realize how cheap food is considering all the work to get it to your plate. Maybe people should diversify but barely any farms are not pure mono culture even if they grow several crops. You couldnt havest easily otherwise and no mechanical harvest would mean a ton of jobs but food would cost a whole lot more. And most farms grow the same things like corn soybeans cotton wheat etc. Its all economics. Perhaps price floors would be an answer. That would mean a lot of unsold foods in periods of overproduction.
All of us that have had to suffer under prohibition deserve to have the outrageous taxes and other government induced barriers to entry to the market removed. Its not fair thay we have to be rich already in order to do what we love. If i could get away from property taxes then I could survive without having to be a part of this corrupt system and having to worry about prices. Im a real farmer/rancher and its hard to turn a profit and do it right without using dangerous poisions. People dont want to pay for safer and better they just want it tastey and tender no matter the cost. You sell them grass fed beef and they act like stupid assholes because it doesn't taste like the walmart meat theyre used to. But I say fuckem and keep doing what I do.
P-NUT is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2018, 07:10 AM #35
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Stick to your guns mate. There will always be a market for quality products. A similar situation is playing out in the dairy industry in Australia. The supermarkets are almost a cartel over here and have squeezed farmers by offering them a pittance for their milk. We have land near a dairy area and many farms that were dairy farms for as long as I can remember are now growing crops. It's going to get to a point where so many get out that supply and demand will push the price way up.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:15 PM #36
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
The last post I want to make on this is following:

The guys that got rich in the Gold Rush, weren't the miners. Most of the miners didn't make money and plenty died. A few got rich, but the ones that were sure to get rich were not miners. It was the guy with the general store.

So no farmer mono-crops because market prices fluctuate as well as it's smart to diversify. Mono-cropping is a bad move in the farming industry. That's why the potato famine started in Ireland. They grew too few types of potatoes.

So what's happening in the west coast with cannabis, happens in every industry. People get into it when the market is up. Then too many people get into it when prices are high and prices crash. Then people lose investments. Then price goes back up again, for those that stuck it out.

Of course it's more complicated with legalization. Biz is biz no matter and farming is farming. So don't just grow drugs that are border line. There's plenty of other interesting things to do that can broaden horizons.
I see you’re issues with what you’v written in this thread...
#1 is that YOU think this plant can be regulated simply because somebody will whip you if you use this plant in a manner not prescribed by the powers that be!
#2 is you think this plant is a DRUG that needs to be regulated by people with more knowledge than you.

All I read in your posts, thus far, is...
I’m scared of persecution by those that think they know what’s best for me. I can’t make choices for myself & leave the rest of the world to do their bidding. I must pitch a bitch about what others do because I’m to scared to do what those people do in order to live a FREE, unencumbered by TPTB, life. At least as much as humanly possible.
I hear you saying...
I don’t want to live the American Dream. I want to suffer through this fascist nightmare & do exactly what I’m told & given PERMISSION to do.

Sorry Easy...
You don’t have the foggiest idea what your saying.
You can choose to remain a blinded slave while calling us, that actually fight for our Liberty, greedy all you want. What you don’t realize is that YOU, your words & actions, as you’ve admitted, are actually supporting the most greedy of all, Pencil Pushing Politicians & their special interest groups & corporations.
MJPassion is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:20 PM #37
MrBungle

MrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant future
Don't forget supporting cartels too.... cause without the "greedy home grower" who will benefit most on the black market?
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2018, 04:26 PM #38
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
I see you’re issues with what you’v written in this thread...
#1 is that YOU think this plant can be regulated simply because somebody will whip you if you use this plant in a manner not prescribed by the powers that be!
#2 is you think this plant is a DRUG that needs to be regulated by people with more knowledge than you.

All I read in your posts, thus far, is...
I’m scared of persecution by those that think they know what’s best for me. I can’t make choices for myself & leave the rest of the world to do their bidding. I must pitch a bitch about what others do because I’m to scared to do what those people do in order to live a FREE, unencumbered by TPTB, life. At least as much as humanly possible.
I hear you saying...
I don’t want to live the American Dream. I want to suffer through this fascist nightmare & do exactly what I’m told & given PERMISSION to do.

Sorry Easy...
You don’t have the foggiest idea what your saying.
You can choose to remain a blinded slave while calling us, that actually fight for our Liberty, greedy all you want. What you don’t realize is that YOU, your words & actions, as you’ve admitted, are actually supporting the most greedy of all, Pencil Pushing Politicians & their special interest groups & corporations.
Exactly this. I have hope. We are raising a generation that does not trust big business. It will eventually become trendy to not suppprt the rich. I know I go out of my way to keep as much of money out of the hands of any business I do not like. For political or enviromental reasons but mostly to hekp the small guy do better. To makes sure my hard earned money does not fund some lawmaker or greedy capitalist with no morel code or sense of community. And I tell everyone!
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2018, 04:58 PM #39
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
I wrote a long time ago how legalization will simply shift more money into the hands of those with it draining the middle and lower classes accordingly and it doesn't take genius to look up prohibition era pot production in agricultural states to realize that it was already a top 10 agricultural product in most all of them and that income helped farmers subside

the powers that were paid to enforce prohibition, the same ones who have facilitated the opiate scourge in America are the ones being entrusted to make this right

the amount of fear based propaganda is stomach turning and the irony mind spinning

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:05 PM #40
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Exactly this. I have hope. We are raising a generation that does not trust big business. It will eventually become trendy to not suppprt the rich. I know I go out of my way to keep as much of money out of the hands of any business I do not like. For political or enviromental reasons but mostly to hekp the small guy do better. To makes sure my hard earned money does not fund some lawmaker or greedy capitalist with no morel code or sense of community. And I tell everyone!
This a profound statement.
Don't fund what you don't agree with.
Power to the people, fuck big corporate cannabiz give your money to the little guy.

Keep competition alive it is good for consumers, big cannabiz is not good for competition or the consumer.
That should be easy to see.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.