Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 57 44.88%
Yes, I am offended. 41 32.28%
No, I am not offended at all. 28 22.05%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2018, 03:52 PM #21
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
life isn't all about money for many, but mass media uses desires to gain your attention and market share

it only works if you buy into the belief that everyone is like the person(s) being sensationalized

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:07 PM #22
MrBungle

MrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant futureMrBungle has a brilliant future
lack of respect....lack of understanding....lack of empathy.... lack of accountability .... anything else?
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 04:40 PM #23
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Even soldiers get 'Combat Pay' when they are in the line of fire...

It's all about risk v reward,...and rarely actually greed as I have experienced it.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:40 PM #24
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
For many it was not about just making money, more about saving money when you don't have to go out and try and score low-quality and potentially poisonous 'erb from relatively unknown sources and at a huge price, and for so many of us it became a labour of love, and a way to conscientiously object against a corrupt and unfair system of laws designed to terrorize many generations.

That describes me perfectly even now because it's still illegal here. Although it's not about making money for me at all. The worst part about smoking in a country with prohibition is looking for a reliable supply of decent weed, any weed actually unless you're in the know.

When I started growing in the early 90s it was even worse. If it wasn't for those people in Amsterdam I just wouldn't have been able to get my hands on good genetics. I highly respect anyone past or present who risks prosecution to breed or research cannabis.

I just feel if a law is wrong it is our duty to break it.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:20 PM #25
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Must be different in Ohio. $50 an eigth, sometimes $60 seems greedy to me. I've always seen $40 fair. It would be even less in an agressive market.

It's hard to grow much here. It's very easy to get busted. She requires lot's of gear, energy, she's smelly and people think it's no biggie and talk talk talk.

It's greedy in a sense of how much risk people are willing to take. Some yes is finacially based greed, some is weed greed, some is achievement greed, some is just greed about bragging rights.

I know none of you are going to see my points cause so many of you are emotionally invested.

The standard prices people charge here in Australia are $50AU an 1/8 and $80-100AU 1/4. Paying these prices you are supporting greed. People who are profiting from prohibition. Not to mention a lot of these shady people are using things like PGRs to increase yield with no regard for the health of the poor sucker who'll smoke it.
I didn't want any part of that. I don't see growing a small amount for your own needs as greed.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:37 PM #26
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute
yea weed grows it self, you think i work hard? hell nah i just go outside toss seeds around and then hooray im cropping!

gtfoh with that, i break my back growing copious amounts of organic high grade flowers.

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 08:38 PM #27
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
The last post I want to make on this is following:

The guys that got rich in the Gold Rush, weren't the miners. Most of the miners didn't make money and plenty died. A few got rich, but the ones that were sure to get rich were not miners. It was the guy with the general store.

So no farmer mono-crops because market prices fluctuate as well as it's smart to diversify. Mono-cropping is a bad move in the farming industry. That's why the potato famine started in Ireland. They grew too few types of potatoes.

So what's happening in the west coast with cannabis, happens in every industry. People get into it when the market is up. Then too many people get into it when prices are high and prices crash. Then people lose investments. Then price goes back up again, for those that stuck it out.

Of course it's more complicated with legalization. Biz is biz no matter and farming is farming. So don't just grow drugs that are border line. There's plenty of other interesting things to do that can broaden horizons.
Yup!

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM #28
MedResearcher

MedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really niceMedResearcher is just really nice
I think most of it stems from greed.

Investors who are disappointed in their current returns in the permitted market, have began a campaign to demonize and destroy the black market in an attempt to increase their return on investments.

The more outspoken ones, are more deeply invested in the permitted market. Although I have even seen it locally, with smaller mom and pop newer growers who are permitted. They feel entitled to fulfill their hopes and dreams of profit, and the black market is their new enemy.

The first quarter Cali tax revenue, was way below the mark they intended to hit. Better believe they will step up the hate, and destruction campaigns to increase revenue.

Jack Herer, had it right. No taxation without representation. As long as Canna growers are treated like criminals or even terrorists, nobody should pay tax on it.

Mr^^
MedResearcher is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 09:13 PM #29
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
Ive seen a handful of people on here say things that suggest that if you are not growing for a large legal operation then it must mean you are a part of a cartel or a crazy meth addict. I am neither. I simply learned to grow to take care of my own supply. And it turned into a way to feed my family and pay bills. I purposely never tried to go big or get rich. Just get by and hopefully help my friends make a few bucks.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:50 PM #30
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Ive seen a handful of people on here say things that suggest that if you are not growing for a large legal operation then it must mean you are a part of a cartel or a crazy meth addict.
This was my motivation for starting this thread.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.