Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 57 44.88%
Yes, I am offended. 41 32.28%
No, I am not offended at all. 28 22.05%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 AM #11
Night crawler

Night crawler will become famous soon enoughNight crawler will become famous soon enough
Ive ben doing this along time uk . The people in the uk who grow large are just the same and only care about the 50 , 000 pounds tax free they will make every 8 weeks ,the weed ends up in childrens hands here . The same people were involved in the herion business but because of shit in Europe at the borders Hungary , Austria they have moved into the weed business 12.50 a gram. I hope they get a virus abd it wipes out their shit weed . My growing has took me round the world many times never been apprehended and i never break the law . I see in the states the amount of teenyboppers smoking on you tube an facebook most look about 12 . They must be getting older kids to buy it from the legal places . We dont want this .
Night crawler is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 02:44 PM #12
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
it might be hard to tell from my words at times but as much as I hate ignorance I don't hate the ignorant

I have dealt with many walks of life and weed seems to bring people to a better place regardless of intention and has the potential to transform all sorts of poisonous mind sets to healthy open minds

you can't correct a detrimental mindset with out revealing it first, sadly most people rather argue about the character of those arguing against rather than the pragmatic values of belief and opinion versus the detrimental for better outcome

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:38 PM #13
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
They have always hated the culture.......... they were just too scared to do something illegal.

I keep saying. If they are against the culture that kept growing this great plant. Let them only grow strains thay have no illegal ancestors in the lineage. Let us have the ones we maintained and improved during the prohibition they supported.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:47 PM #14
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute
Well when babylon tells me its a crime to plant up the weed i know its time to disobey. I never ever saw this plant, this awesome plant, smoking growing, moving literal truck fulls on a dirt road...never saw any of that shit as a crime, maybe you did? this culture and this movement and this energy, it is still ours, they can try to get the tax dollar but they never get the real blessings this plant brings.

theJointedOne is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:30 AM #15
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Well news to you it is a crime. It's stupid to ignore that there are legal consequences.
See below
So why would cannabis be simply legal, flat out across the board?
See below

Kinda a dick headed move to qpute me and take it out of context.
Maybe a dickhead move on my part, but how were you quoted out of context?
Well you see that is the thing.
It is a crime.
Is it wrong that it is a crime?
Yes it is, what tells me so?
Well we were lied to and told weed is evil and has no medical use.
We now can confirm we were lied to and unlawfully jailed.

We now have evidence that cannabis is a miracle worker in the medical field.
So there is no doubt that we were lied to and unlawfully jailed.
They once told us cannabis is a gateway to heroin and meth and that Cannabis is more dangerous
That is simply not true.
More lies and more lies.

Ok now they come right out and say we lied and the stuff may infact be good for you if consumed in the correct manner.
It may even kill cancer cells...wow what a lie that was..huh?

Now don't you think after telling all those lies it would be a good idea to drop any and all restriction on this healing erb?

So what I am saying in a nutshell is:
Growing Cannabis should never have been a crime.
Growing Cannabis should not be a crime now.

BTW
You chose the words hippy mafia or rainbow family
Not everyone is going to drop acid and drop out of the social brainwashing.

And all those people you have insulted would not have been refered to as criminals.

They would have been more appropriately been refered to as healers.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:34 AM #16
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
They have always hated the culture.......... they were just too scared to do something illegal.

I keep saying. If they are against the culture that kept growing this great plant. Let them only grow strains thay have no illegal ancestors in the lineage. Let us have the ones we maintained and improved during the prohibition they supported.
Just for the record I was refering to the new haters that have been created VIA legalization, not the old school haters.

I am talking about those making money from legal cannabis that seem to hate the culture that made it all happen.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:47 AM #17
shaggyballs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
All I'm saying is they aren't going to legalize crime. With legalization comes regulations and they aren't going to legalize unregulated cannabis. They don't make money off a black market.

There are regulations for our food and thousands of laws regarding an apple orchard. Tobacco is regulated and mostly at sale and very little in quality control. The add all sorts of crap to cigs.

What I'm saying is they aren't going to just give cannabis culture a green light. It's going to be the rich and connected against everyone else, like everything else. Sorry, wish it was the other way around but that's not reality.

Reality sucks!
So we can agree it is all about the money nothing more.
I think we are getting somewhere

If I had my way they would just monitor some sort of safety quality issues and let us do what we want. Grow as much as we want, and sell as much as we want. But Uncle Sam doesn't go that way, anyone that knows anything knows that.
The rich let the poor of the world starve too, but that don't make it right.

Same with cannabis, it is a healing erb that is being kept from the people who can not afford it.
Tell me that is how it should be?

Just think about it, free cancer medicine growing in your back yard.
Oh, no, we can't allow that to happen....

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:21 AM #18
Brother Nature

Brother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivor
I don't know if legalization created them, they're always there, in any avenue of life. I say fuck 'em, let 'em drink their hatorade. Most who are talkers aren't doers. Change is always around the corner and humans are great at adapting to it, if you just stay true to yourself and keep on top of it their words don't mean shit.

I do think you should always respect those that paved the way for you, but that understanding seems to come more with age than being told it. I was an arrogant youth and I got humbled in a way that I wouldn't wish on anyone really, but understanding comes with experience and some simply never get that experience. Ignorance is bliss i guess, but it doens't bother me much. And if it did, I'd probably just go have another bong load and forget about it.

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.

Last edited by Brother Nature; 07-19-2018 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: grammer
Brother Nature is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:46 PM #19
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
There's a major age difference between the 2 groups.

Those of us who grew before it was re-legalized, are older.

Those who joined the industry post-legalization, are younger.

There are also ethnic group differences between those who have the money & believe in 'the law' (that favors their business approach), and old-fashioned growers.

"old school cannabis culture" was the dominant culture until the early 00's. Early Apple Computer was an example of that same culture.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:26 PM #20
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Growing plants generally is a peaceful and rewarding pursuit, particularly if its not on a huge scale, and like most here its just a home, hobby, horticulturalists interest, whether you are growing cannabis or chrysanthemums you are not some sort of evil denizen of your nation or state, you are simply a grower.

But these ridiculous and draconian laws and the main-stream-propaganda-media-mill that have for 80+ years elevated cannabis growers in the public eye to be some sort of evil-minded drug pushers that are denigrating the lives of others young and old thru their horticultural endeavors, which we all know just isn't so, and this was what the powers that be wanted everyone to believe so that they could instill fear into the worlds populace, and those that were willing and able to counter all that bull-crap were, and still are VERY BRAVE PEOPLE, some would even question their sanity for risking everything they have. Yes...directly risking their love, life and liberty, their homes, their family lives, their reputations, their professions their wealth and their health just to have the nerve and conviction to carry on regardless and GROW THEIR OWN CANNABIS, for themselves and for those that might need it for medicine or recreation.

Today, as we see the proverbial walls come down, and cannabis cultivation slowly but surely becoming a legal and almost revered pursuit in many parts of the globe, many new people have jumped on-board, and should be showing a bit of respect to the old-school mob that pioneered much of what we have today in the way of knowledge and genetic material for good cannabis cultivation, because the old growers had to operate (and many still do) under a veil of secrecy and intense paranoia, risking all to arrive at where we are in this day and age......and they all risked so much to be able to supply the needy and advance the sciences around cannabis cultivation. For many it was not about just making money, more about saving money when you don't have to go out and try and score low-quality and potentially poisonous 'erb from relatively unknown sources and at a huge price, and for so many of us it became a labour of love, and a way to conscientiously object against a corrupt and unfair system of laws designed to terrorize many generations.

So all you young and keen cannabis growers out there need to tip your hats to those that have gone before you, for without them we wouldn't have this website for a start, with all the knowledge and wisdom it contains, and so much more out there that has come about over the years thru the advancement of the cannabis counter-culture that I am very proud to be a member of for these past 45 years or so.

GROW ON!......Gypsy Nirvana,

Last edited by Gypsy Nirvana; 07-19-2018 at 03:45 PM..
Gypsy Nirvana is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.