You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > ICMag 420 Cup > IC 420 Rules & Entering conditions

Thread Title Search
IC 420 Rules & Entering conditions Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2019, 02:54 AM #21
Tonygreen
IC Mag Supporter

Tonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivorTonygreen is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post
i looked at it and even though it is subjective, there does seem to be 1 or 2 that have strangely abnormal voting pattern with some exceptions that seem even more worrying. so its a bit of a hard call, but thats on a human level, on a logical level i have to agree, we have to be consequent. we already have moved a long way by disallowing anyone to judge in any category they entered, but that doesn't stop a friend of a friend trying to have an effect on the outcome beyond 1 man1 vote. i i'm tempted to agree, anyone that was an outlier again and again, should probably not be a voting judge, their voting record is too sporadic to keep things straight.

the only reason i hesitate is that it's like making an accusation of tactical voting. won't be fun giving the news, thats for sure.
Have skip deliver the news ha. From what I remember some votes were fairly obvious. Shame to see...

Maybe a deadline to pick up judge packs as well? If you get your pack at the last minute how can you fairly judge samples?
Tonygreen is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:59 AM #22
gaiusmarius
me

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
well i talked with some folks and we are not all agreed if this was really tactical voting or just a subjective thing wuth over all low scores for anything they don't consider perfect. no consistent pattern can be proven or no consistent beneficiary either....it's complicated.

"it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

not every post you disagree with, has to be responded to!
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 01:56 PM #23
Papercut

Papercut is on a distinguished road
@sourkush looking forward to this one
Papercut is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 04:05 PM #24
sourkush

sourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nicesourkush is just really nice
good to see you here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papercut View Post
@sourkush looking forward to this one
sourkush is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 05:19 PM #25
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Bummer there is no CDB category. However, I suppose that would mandate testing of all entries in that category to ensure they do belong there.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:03 PM #26
Oakmountain

Oakmountain is on a distinguished road
Hello sourkush! and everyone else!

I cant seem to pm you but i would like to enter the cup this year. Im guessing my account dont have that privilage to send pm's since im new here. Hope you can help me with that please ?
Oakmountain is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2019, 04:00 AM #27
gaiusmarius
me

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakmountain View Post
Hello sourkush! and everyone else!

I cant seem to pm you but i would like to enter the cup this year. Im guessing my account dont have that privilage to send pm's since im new here. Hope you can help me with that please ?
activated your pms, at least i hope i did. let me know if it works. pm sk for entry details.

"it is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of his opinion.....is a monster" Voltaire

Old 02-07-2019, 03:10 PM #28
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
Bummer there is no CDB category. However, I suppose that would mandate testing of all entries in that category to ensure they do belong there.

dank.Frank
This is the level we need to shoot for,,,imo,, all samples should be iso 17025 accredited and gc tested,,

How do you guys feel about the white Ash test too?

Cbd category,, genius,, this marks a change in the game,, it's now about terp contents, chemotypes, cbg, thca,, we grow crystals nowadays,,, so so much has changed since 1999

It's weak to not test entries,, cali guys have got the right idea nowadays,, test or its black market

Also,, truecannablis makes a good point,,, if one were to actively look to influence results,, you may simply take multiple friends who can identify by site,, the only way to stop this would be to limit judging passes,, only alow individuals from different walks of life,, no buddy groups or clicks,, or anyone involved in the industry apart from being a grower and smoker,,

Old 02-07-2019, 03:17 PM #29
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
It's kinda important to put effort into sourcing a bypartisan judges panel

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 PM #30
gaiusmarius
me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post

dank.Frank
worth thinking about for the future for sure.