Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Is the US Economy Shrinking ?

Thread Title Search
Is the US Economy Shrinking ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2018, 06:20 PM #21
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
"no"

but not like the usa produces anything, its just money making money

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:32 PM #22
green404
Banned

green404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of lightgreen404 is a glorious beacon of light
Prices are steadily going up = inflation / printing money the people at the top of the monopoly game are doing well. Below the surface wages are stagnate of falling = the people are become poorer and poorer every day.

Around 60% of jobs in US are "service jobs" and pay wages that will not even buy shelter so we have a massive population of "working homeless". Most "households" now are supported by 2 incomes many times each person is working 60hrs+ a week only to live on the brink of losing it all-1 paycheck away from homelessness.

I guess it all depends on what numbers were skewed by what intentions. Most numbers are displayed to make it all look great and rosy. "Great time to buy a home..!"
green404 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 AM #23
Rio

Rio will become famous soon enoughRio will become famous soon enough
There will be an end to living at expence of other countries eventually.
Rio is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 12:58 PM #24
Brother Nature

Brother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivorBrother Nature is a survivor
Well, shorting all your money through China then tarriffing that return doesn't seem like a great idea.

The money you print still has to based on something, doesn't it?

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.

Brother Nature is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 01:48 PM #25
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivor
The money you print must have an expectation of future value attached. Not an intrinsic asset.
For proof of that, look to crypto currencies.

That's why quantitive easing is not a solution to international debts. As you print more cash, you reduce future confidence and the underlying real value of each dollar, and the value of the currency falls on the open markets. Good for exporters, generates overseas income, but can't be used to pay off debts very effectively as it increases the value of the debt.
GMT is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2020, 06:09 AM #26
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

shrinking? absolutely. it will, eventually begin growing again, but brick & mortar stores are going to be more scarce as a result of the Covid-19 issue (as well as the insane growth of internet sales), and drive-through/carry out dining will get bigger, at least short term. if "re-opening" results in a second wave of infections (first wave not peaked here yet) it is gonna get REAL ugly...

Old 05-29-2020, 02:58 PM #27
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffnPufferfish View Post
"no"

but not like the usa produces anything, its just money making money
i'm still astounded by the Obama Cash for Clunkers plan.

paying people to destroy working functioning cars.

dealers that participated had to pour a ceramic-ish compound into the engines of trade-ins to definitively destroy them.

"Edmunds reported that Cash for Clunkers cost US taxpayers $24,000 per vehicle sold, that nearly 690,000 vehicles were sold, and that only 125,000 of vehicle sales were incremental."

nations as wasteful as the US do not deserve to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2020, 04:38 PM #28
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
nations as wasteful as the US do not deserve to survive.
but...aren't we SPECIAL? i keep hearing that...

Old 05-29-2020, 06:17 PM #29
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
but...aren't we SPECIAL? i keep hearing that...
from Americans probably.

they think they're exceptional, yet 2900 were murdered on 9-11 in an act of Ritual Human Sacrifice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2020, 10:06 PM #30
armedoldhippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Phatty View Post
from Americans probably.

they think they're exceptional, yet 2900 were murdered on 9-11 in an act of Ritual Human Sacrifice.
we are down over 100K now because of a foot-dragging self-absorbed incompetent egomaniac worried about re-election...