Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Is the US Economy Shrinking ?

Thread Title Search
Is the US Economy Shrinking ? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2018, 04:01 AM #11
Ready4

Ready4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud ofReady4 has much to be proud of
Depends on whether you view facts or view "alternate facts" on Fox "news" , etc.
Auto sales in 2017 dropped for the first time since 2009.
After 8 years of the phony neo-cons raging about the deficit, the "conservatives" had a chance to prove they really were "conservative" = they failed mightily, proving clearly that they were full of shit and that there is no fiscal conservative party - therefore there are no "conservatives" - just neo-cons.
I hope that nobody on this site, regardless of political beliefs, suffers from a disaster caused by the current dumpster fire in the White House.
Ready4 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:09 AM #12
Satyros

Satyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of lightSatyros is a glorious beacon of light
The U. S. government cannot print money. It can mint and regulate coinage.

The paper dollar is purchased from the Federal Reserve under a bond. So the government has to pay a fee or interest for it. I wouldn't call it "money". It cannot be redeemed or converted into silver or gold.

Debt to Gross Domestic Product ratio continues to soar, and, after disposing of mainstays like most of the steel and auto industries, the only apparent growth would be in things like stock market manipulation and corporate profits.

In some states, perhaps, the cannabis market may be big enough to stand in place of some dwindling industries; unfortunately, you can't really eat it, drive it, or build infrastructure with it. Hemp can make many useful things, and for a long time you could actually pay taxes with it. On the whole, though, it is fairly cheap.

If you are looking for a job, please line up behind the thousand other folks vying for the same measly position.
Satyros is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:04 AM #13
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
A middle class, has been replaced by a statistic where 60 some percent of the population is one check away from being homeless.

Everything thing is relative to one's perspective.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:11 AM #14
Illuminate
Keyboard Warrior

Illuminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant futureIlluminate has a brilliant future
Quantitative easing is not sustainable neither is the war machine, outside looking in US economic growth does not out weigh the rust on bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 AM #15
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
A middle class, has been replaced by a statistic where 60 some percent of the population is one check away from being homeless.

Everything thing is relative to one's perspective.
bullseye!

Old 05-04-2018, 09:13 AM #16
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4 View Post
Depends on whether you view facts or view "alternate facts" on Fox "news" , etc.
Auto sales in 2017 dropped for the first time since 2009.
After 8 years of the phony neo-cons raging about the deficit, the "conservatives" had a chance to prove they really were "conservative" = they failed mightily, proving clearly that they were full of shit and that there is no fiscal conservative party - therefore there are no "conservatives" - just neo-cons.
I hope that nobody on this site, regardless of political beliefs, suffers from a disaster caused by the current dumpster fire in the White House.
truth...

Old 05-04-2018, 05:01 PM #17
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Obviously part of the answer is whether you consider it legit to count debt-financed spending as income.

One of the interesting charts that's come out recently is, GDP net of debt.

St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2018, 05:46 PM #18
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivorRingodoggie is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
The rent on my commercial space was $1,700.00 in 2008.

The rent on my commercial space in 2018 is $3,600.00

Same space, same square footage.

Not complaining, just saying.

Economic growth, lol

That's strange. I am a landlord (commercial) and my rents are the same that they were 15 years ago. I can't raise them because this shithole town has a ton of empty space (leftover industrial age).

Yet, my property taxes went from $4000 to over $10,000 and my insurance went from under $600 per year to $5641.13 a year (just paid it today LOL)

Depends where you are. If my building were in the middle of San Fransisco or Manhattan, things would be different.

Rents are cheap in Shithole, USA. LMAO

Old 05-04-2018, 07:09 PM #19
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
That's strange. I am a landlord (commercial) and my rents are the same that they were 15 years ago. I can't raise them because this shithole town has a ton of empty space (leftover industrial age).

Yet, my property taxes went from $4000 to over $10,000 and my insurance went from under $600 per year to $5641.13 a year (just paid it today LOL)

Depends where you are. If my building were in the middle of San Fransisco or Manhattan, things would be different.

Rents are cheap in Shithole, USA. LMAO
GDP/GNP is the summation of all those rents, the ones that gone up and the ones that stayed flat.

What do you guys think is the average rent increase, for commercial space, or residential space, or retail space, whatever you observe - per year ?

I think 5% annual increase, nationwide average, is a conservative estimate for residential rentals.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2018, 10:35 PM #20
igrowone

igrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivorigrowone is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyros View Post
The U. S. government cannot print money. It can mint and regulate coinage.

The paper dollar is purchased from the Federal Reserve under a bond. So the government has to pay a fee or interest for it. I wouldn't call it "money". It cannot be redeemed or converted into silver or gold.

this is the crux of the biscuit
you may not call it money, but it sure works like money
and the federal reserve isn't the u.s. government, but they serve its purpose

1 members found this post helpful.