Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Lets make a list of all the ex-cops, judges and such making money from Cannabis.

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: First they were jailing people for Cannabis, now they support Cannabis. Why is this?
They are just greedy and only want the easy money and they don't care how they get it. 31 63.27%
They figure they will do well in this industry because they have friends in all the right places. 21 42.86%
They just want to stay working. 5 10.20%
They realize they were wrong and want to correct their mistakes. 3 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Lets make a list of all the ex-cops, judges and such making money from Cannabis. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2017, 11:40 PM #21
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Canada
“A Durham police officer for six months co-owned a medical marijuana company that is not licensed and offers consumers pot brownies and other products the government says are illegal to sell.”
These establishment-type operations never seem to get raided, though – regardless of public harm.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2017, 05:26 AM #22
Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
These establishment-type operations never seem to get raided, though – regardless of public harm.
Your statement illustrates one of the problems with law perfectly: the cops (as they mindlessly follow the orders of their superiors) enforce the laws selectively. Poor people get the cuffs. If rich or "powerful" enough, i.e., one of the cops or someone up the line of command from the cops - fat chance there will be of getting even a slap on the wrist.

That's why the whole electoral system is nonsense. The powerful give the people their own "candidates" and the people vote for someone who will screw them harder than the previous dumbass did.

No one will fix the problem but us. There will never be a politician who will admit they - "derive their just powers through the consent of the governed..." without backtracking from all that entails.

Think about the fact that every politician I've asked this question to: "Do you believe you derive your just powers through the consent of the governed state "yes" (if their smart enough to remember those words lifted directly from the Declaration of Independence).

Yet they all hem and haw and won't answer yes to my next question - which MUST be answered yes if they truthfully answered yes to the previous question: "Then I have this paper for you to sign. It states I no longer consent to be governed by you or anyone else."

You can't make a silk purse out of a hog's ear...no matter who is in "office."

I know you understand this, shaggyballs. I'm still amazed how few people do. Yes, I know about cognitive dissonance and the pain that must be dealt with as one throws off the mind control one has been under. I know because I've done it. But, I'm still amazed at how many people just won't do it, when all reason and logic compels nothing less.

Yeah it's painful when one realizes one no longer "relates" to most people, but, in my mind, it's more painful to not call it what it is. If one doesn't know what they are dealing with, one will always make the wrong move.

A rhetorical question for everyone: "Many years from now, after you have passed, what will you say to your grandchildren after they have likewise passed, when they ask you, why didn't you do anything to stop it? The facts were there in your face as plain as day, but you wouldn't utter them in public discourse and you didn't take action accordingly. Why did you forsake the Earth and all her children, including us?" In that realm where all is known, you will have no choice but to say, "I didn't because I was scared and I chose to sell the lives of my grandchildren for some temporary comfort relative to the other slaves."

Freedom - the greatest gift in all Creation and bestowed upon all by their Creator must be honored - or a bitter pill will be swallowed those who don't.
Crazy Chester is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2017, 08:05 AM #23
OregonBorn

OregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud ofOregonBorn has much to be proud of
Back in the day I used to get high with CHP officers and some local police in Central Aclifornia. Aclifornia... hey, I like that. I must be stoned or something. Anyway, back in the Carter years, weed was almost legal in Aclifornia. At one party in Seaside the house was owned by a judge. The cops came to shut us and the music down, but they took one look at the judge who met them at the door and they apologized and left us alone. Joints were going around that party like ants on sugar.

One of the cops I smoked with was later busted for having weed in his locker at the station. The first lid I ever bought was from his son. So IMO it is not all law enforcement's fault. They just enforce the laws, they do not make them. I blame the politicians, and particularly Richard Nixon for many of the issues with weed's global legal status from the late 60s until now. And Obama could have at least tried to lower it from being a Schedule I drug. Maybe they saved it as a lever for Hillary, ala Nixon's methods. Fukking politicians on both sides...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:23 PM #24
Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to all
The politicians only tell the cops what to do. Whether they like it or not, everyone - including cops - has free will. "Just following orders" is not some magical exception to the law of Creation that governs the consequences of everyone's actions. Invariably, when faced with the moral choice and the immoral one, the cop chooses the immoral one. The cop was not forced to do so - he did so of his own free will.

Every evil the world has ever known is due to cops (and soldiers) actually doing what they are told.

The pot dealer doesn't go to jail because of a politician. They go to jail because the cop: 1) assaults and batters them by slapping the cuffs on; 2) kidnaps them by taking them to jail; and 3) falsely imprisons them in jail. Each of those actions are immoral and violate the law of Creation, lesser man-made "law" notwithstanding.

Those cops have a choice - they do not have to follow the orders of the scumbag politicians. But, because they do, it is their fault the world is in such a bad way.

Consequently, they need to be called out on their bad behavior.

Every person in jail for doing something that didn't hurt someone else is owed an apology and compensation from the cop who put them there - period.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:45 PM #25
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Well I hate to generalize...but it seems a great deal of cops are guys that didn't make the football team. And a good bit of ex military.
So you got guys who got pushed around in High school and war damaged guys.

What I am saying is a predisposition to anger.

PTSD with a badge great.

I think most of them are stressed out. Dealing with the night crawlers.

Statistically they don't live long due to stress.

So I think cannabinoids would be a good idea for them. Maybe they would be slower to anger?
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2017, 11:24 PM #26
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Talking

"the cop chooses the immoral one" what utter bullshit! cops (good ones) look the other way/turn people loose every fucking day. you are smearing good people for having the same job as some who are assholes. if we did not have LEO, the movie "Purge" would be reality. what a fucking dimwit...

Old 07-21-2017, 04:57 AM #27
Crazy Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
"the cop chooses the immoral one" what utter bullshit! cops (good ones) look the other way/turn people loose every fucking day.
Although my post actually wasn't directed at you, armedoldhippy, I am compelled by truth to address your arguments.

First, that quote above, actually proves the immorality of cops.

You say cops look the other way and turn people loose.

Obviously, they don't "look the other way" with regards to everyone. If they did, the US wouldn't traditionally be the country in the world with the highest incarceration rate as a percentage of the population, would it? So, you have to admit they turn some loose and book others.

So you say those that "look the other way" as to some people, but put others behind bars are the "good" cops.

I say they are bad cops because they are selectively enforcing the "law," when they are supposed to be doing so equally, fairly and without regard to their collar's particular status.

How again do you justify the morality of someone who plays legislator, judge and jury in his own little private game of "L'etat; C'est Moi" just because he happens to have a badge?

Your argument seems to be based on "well, since he doesn't arrest everyone, he's acting morally." So, for you, it's ok for a cop to arrest, impoverish, imprison and destroy a man's family for, say growing pot, if the cop "turned the other way" when, say, the nephew of a fellow cop did the same thing.

For you it's ok for a cop to do so because he let some other pot grower off the hook and turned the other way because that grower happened to have served in the same military unit as him, was the member of the same "fraternal lodge," church or political party, or donated to the "Policeman's Benevolent Society," or for some other arbitrary justification - none of which are permitted by "law" - instead of doing what he's supposed to be doing: enforcing the law equally and fairly against all.

I mean, my God, did you ever think that's exactly the reason why Wall Street crooks who just happen to be CEOs don't get prosecuted for the crimes they've committed - despite destroying perhaps millions of lives?

In short, your argument is morally, legally and logically untenable.

You say: "you are smearing good people for having the same job as some who are assholes."

I say: No I'm not, I'm just shining the light of truth on what they ALL do.

You say: "if we did not have LEO, the movie "Purge" would be reality."

I say: I haven't seen the movie. But, let me guess, its a fictional story of how the world will go to hell in a hand basket if there's no government. Did I guess correctly? I thought so. I didn't even look up a review, armedoldhippy. Then, how did I know that's what the movie was about? Because there's so damn many movies following the same agenda. Who do you think finances these movies? Did you ever think it was the same interests that Smedley Butler outed in "War Is A Racket"?

Now I ask you, what proof do you have that such a calamity would befall the world without the bloodsucking parasites some call government? None - that's what you have. No proof whatsoever.

Why no proof? Because government has been controlling people's lives for all of recorded history. Therefore, no one knows what will happen if there were no house slaves (cops) to do the bidding of government (who are just extremely rich people), because it is literally unprecedented. Well, maybe not unprecedented, but certainly not recorded by his-story (history). Why not recorded? Well, when it is government that is writing history, it makes sense they would omit such information if it would show a much better alternative to what they've been offering the world's people for thousands of years.

You say: "what a fucking dimwit..."

You support your argument that the absence of cops would be horrible for the world by pointing me to some propaganda flick (that you apparently think is plausible), and you call me the dimwit.

I won't stoop to your level by calling you names like those you've hurled in my direction. I'll just say the Lakota have a saying "one finger pointed out - three fingers pointed back at you."

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:22 AM #28
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Talking

horseshit. you want to see what life is like if there are no LEO to keep the nightcrawlers at bay? go to any large city in this country, and ask where the crime rate is highest. then, drive to that area after dark, park your car & walk around for a while. if you survive & get out of the hospital, come back on here & tell us how much you enjoyed your "visit". cops that do not enforce ignorant fucking laws are GOOD people. why you do not understand that is a mystery that will never be solved. i suppose you would prefer that police arrested everyone for everything that they could, instead of using their brains & saying "you know what? this law is stupid as hell & counter-productive as fuck. i would have to be a damned idiot to enforce it." sure, some folks still get arrested by even good cops. normally, it is because they run their damn mouths at someone just trying to do their job & get through the day without getting shot or having a butt-load of paperwork at the end of the shift. i think i can see where you would fit in THAT scenario...

Old 07-22-2017, 05:02 AM #29
Crazy Chester

armedoldhippy, you do know that just calling something horseshit doesn't actually make it so. Then, again, from your unsupported arguments, I can tell you probably don't understand that.

You said: "you want to see what life is like if there are no LEO to keep the nightcrawlers at bay? go to any large city in this country, and ask where the crime rate is highest. then, drive to that area after dark, park your car & walk around for a while."

I say: That's the problem with your arguments, armedoldhippy, they are all full of suppositions and fuzzy logic. For example, in your statement above, you presuppose that I haven't done just that - hell, I did more than do that, I actually lived in one of those neighborhoods. Have you? Yet, there you are making pretend you know how it is - why? Because you sped through in your police cruiser all scared? Lol.

But, in answer to your question whether I would like to see what it is like in those neighborhoods, or anywhere else for that matter, if there were no cops there - yes, actually I would.
The fact is, I've only had weapons drawn on me three times in my life. Two of those three times it was by cops and neither of those times was the cop's action justified in any way. The real takeaway from this is the fact that I dealt with those situations, and muggers, and burglars, etc, and I dealt with them successfully without any daddy cop to protect me. Have you ever done that? My guess is, like most people, you have - because you had no choice since there were probably no cops there to protect you - unless you are a cop and your partner was there or you got lucky and there happened to be a cop nearby when you were about to be victimized.

As to the dangers in bad neighborhoods, etc., it doesn't follow from the fact that there are bad neighborhoods that the cops somehow make them safer. In fact, they don't. Sure, they put the cuffs on the current crop of gangsters, but that only allows the younger ones to come up and take their place. The real question is: do cops prevent crimes from occurring? No, they don't. I've never had a crime that was directed at me stopped by a cop and no-one I've ever asked has either. It is a fact that the cops are there primarily to put the cuffs on AFTER a crime has been committed (cha-ching!), not to prevent crime.

Hell, cops don't even have a legal duty to protect people. I'm sure you are going to go into super indignant hyperbolic overdrive when you read that statement - but, it's true and I can prove it.

So, now that it's been established that cops don't protect people and don't even have a legal duty to do so, why all this wringing of hands over "oh, no, there's no cops to protect me"?

There never was, armedoldhippy, get over it and stop trying to pretend the world is the way you were brainwashed to believe. It's a lie! Deal with it constructively instead of the puffed up arrogance you're throwing at me. You don't know me - you wouldn't believe what I know to be true from personal experience. I'm clearly not just regurgitating the fear du jour like you are; I give such propaganda the respect it deserves - none.
You said: "cops that do not enforce ignorant fucking laws are GOOD people...why you do not understand that is a mystery that will never be solved.."

I say: Actually, the mystery to be solved is why you can't seem to figure out why it's unjust to selectively enforce the laws.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:15 PM #30
armedoldhippy

Talking

i never said the cops were there to protect you. nice straw man though. the laws have ALWAYS been selectively enforced. the way i see it, the more bad laws that cops refuse to enforce, the better off the world is. when a good cop uses his discretion to not arrest someone over a stupid law, i see that as a GOOD thing. like i said, why you do not understand that is a mystery. in the future, however, i hope you get your wish & every single infraction of the law you commit results in an arrest on your behalf. moron...