Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Lets make a list of all the ex-cops, judges and such making money from Cannabis.

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: First they were jailing people for Cannabis, now they support Cannabis. Why is this?
They are just greedy and only want the easy money and they don't care how they get it. 31 63.27%
They figure they will do well in this industry because they have friends in all the right places. 21 42.86%
They just want to stay working. 5 10.20%
They realize they were wrong and want to correct their mistakes. 3 6.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Lets make a list of all the ex-cops, judges and such making money from Cannabis. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2017, 12:57 AM #1
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Lets make a list of all the ex-cops, judges and such making money from Cannabis.

If all these folks had spoke up when they were jailing people for cannabis the world would be a different place.
The intentions of this thread are not to call people out or to be any type of accusation or hurtful to anyone in any way.
I would just like to know what these folks are thinking and why?

Anyway:
Here is what I found so far.
Thank you to TheBlackman for the Canadian list.

Canada
-Chuck Rifici, was the CFO of the Liberal Party of Canada.
* founder and former CEO of Tweed
(now partnered with Toyko Smoke to form Nesta.co)

-Mark Zekulin, CEO of Tweed
•former senior adviser to former Ontario finance minister Dwight Duncan

-Norman Inkster, Independent Director at Mettrum
•former head of the RCMP

-Dr. Joshua Tepper, Independent Director at Mettrum
•formerly Assistant Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Health , Senior Medical Officer for Health Canada,

-Tom Shipley, Director of Quality Assurance, Tweed
•formerly worked on toxicology research, while at Health Canada,

-Mike Harcourt, Chairman of True Leaf Medicine Inc
•former B.C. Premier

-Kash Heed, strategic consultant with National Green BioMed
•Former B.C. Solicitor General and former West Vancouver police chief

-Herb Dhaliwal, Chairman, National Green BioMed
•former Vancouver MP and federal cabinet minister.

-John Turner, medicinal marijuana applicant in Ontario (With Kash Heed)
•Former Prime Minister of Canada

-Mr. Belot, Board of Directors for Aurora
•was a public servant in several ministries within the Ontario government

-Brian Wagner, Company founder and CEO NHP Consulting (consults for prospective LP's)
•Brian was invited to play a strong role in Health Canada’s Program Advisory Committee

-Tim Humberstone, ABcann Director / Senior Person in Charge
•former twenty year member of the RCMP included roles in Municipal/Federal Drug Enforcement and with the Joint Forces Organized Crime Agency. Tim has also received extensive training by the RCMP in providing expert court opinion in the fields of cannabis trafficking and production techniques.

-Ivan Vrana, founder of Aslan Ross Consulting / speaker mmpr summit
•Previously Mr. Vrána worked for the Federal Government for over 15 years. He worked at the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, Finance Canada and in various senior policy positions at Health Canada. At Health Canada he was in charge of the team that developed the policy rationale which led to the implementation of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.Mr. Vrána is also a regular Lecturer at both Carleton and Concordia universities and teaches a course that examines the internal communication tools governments use to development and implement public policy.

-Sandy Pratt, Chief Financial Officer, Emerald Health
•Worked at Deloitte ( auditing firm involved in the senate scandal), Vice President of Business Development and Executive Financial Officer of the Royal British Columbia Museum, a Crown corporation.

-Shane Morris, VP, Scientific Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Hydropothecary CEO (now Canadian Cannabis Corp.)
•Since 2000, Shane has been in a range of leadership roles within the Federal Government, from Treasury Board of Canada’s senior advisor (Cabinet Operations) on regulatory affairs to director of policy leadership and Reporting for Resources Canada’s major projects management office.

-George Smitherman, THC BioMed
former Ontario Liberal deputy premier
•more than 30 years to public policy fields at the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Level, where roles as Senior Advisor, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure and Ontario’s Minister of Health were held.

-Jake Ryan, Director of Security: Tilray
* former RCMP Intelligence Officer and federal criminal investigator overseeing all aspects of Tilray's security protocols and operations.

-Ernie Eves, Chairman, Timeless Herbal Care — a Jamaican medical marijuana company.
•former Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario

-Kim Derry, a promoter of marijuana facility THC Meds Ontario Inc.
•deputy chief of the Toronto Police Service under Mr. Blair,

-John Reynolds, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc
•former MP with the Progressive Conservative, Reform and Canadian Alliance parties.

-Senator Larry Campbell, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc.
•former Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer and Vancouver mayor. And sitting Senator...

-Barry Daniel, Wildflower’s head of security
•Former Abbotsford police chief.

-Cam Battley, Aurora Senior Vice President, Communications and Medical Affairs
•Former Legislative Assistant to the Canadian Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs, where he was responsible for developing legislation and steering it through the House of Commons, as well as negotiating with Opposition parties and stakeholder groups.

USA

Former DEA Agent Patrick Moen joined the lucrative legal marijuana industry.
Another OR. DEA agent has made the switch also, Paul Schmidt, who once served as the highest-ranking DEA agent in Oregon, then after working as a state inspector of medical pot dispensaries in Colorado is now working as a medical marijuana business consultant.

Below is the list of the 30 law enforcement officials who support legal cannabis.
Norm Stamper—retired Seattle Police Chief
Don Clark— retired Multnomah County Sheriff
Stephen Downing— retired Los Angeles Police Department Deputy Chief
Kris Olson— retired US Attorney for the District of Oregon
Bill Riggs— retired Oregon Supreme Court Justice, Circuit Court Trial Judge and Court of Appeals Judge
Inge Fryklund— retired Assistant State’s Attorney
Paul Stiegleder— retired Lieutenant Sheriff
Darian Stanford— former Drug Unit Prosecutor
Pete Tutmark— former County Deputy Sheriff
Jay Fished—Prosecutor
Tony Ryan—retired Denver Police Department Lieutenant
Finn Selander—retired Special Agent
Jason Thomas—former Detention Officer and Sheriff’s Deputy
John Baker—retired Sergeant
Jay Fleming—former Undercover Narcotics Officer
Le Roy Washington—retired Federal Probation Officer
Nicholas Dial—former Deputy Sheriff
Arnold Byron—retired US Customs Inspector
Matt McCally—former Corrections Officer
MacKenzie Allen—retired Deputy Sherif
Leonard Frieling—former Judge
Jim Doherty—former Prosecutor and Corrections Officer
Shelley Fox-Loken—retired Parole and Probation Officer
James Peet—former Police Officer
David A Nichols—retired Superior Court Judge
David Doddridge—retired Narcotics Officer and Military Police Officer
Diane Goldstein—retired Lieutenant Commander
Kyle Kazan—former Police Officer
Nate Bradley—former Deputy Sheriff
Leo Laurence—former Deputy Sheriff

Source
https://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/28...-industry.html
shaggyballs is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:51 AM #2
Pious

Pious will become famous soon enoughPious will become famous soon enough
I can answer that question for you, as I probably have before. If they realized their lives' missions were to contradict everything they stood for, their minds would break from the cognitive dissonance. They either live in their own ignorance or end up in the looney bin.
Pious is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:28 AM #3
isitisi

isitisi is on a distinguished road
Hmm.. actually it looks like "people" were not jailing for Cannabis, laws was. I don't think there is any reason they cannot be a part of cannabis industry as they were just enforcing the laws. And I don't find it ethical to point these people out if they were not against the legalization. Cheers.
isitisi is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 04:24 PM #4
We Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitisi View Post
Hmm.. actually it looks like "people" were not jailing for Cannabis, laws was. I don't think there is any reason they cannot be a part of cannabis industry as they were just enforcing the laws. And I don't find it ethical to point these people out if they were not against the legalization. Cheers.
^^^^^^ A Cop or a son of a cop.
This whole I was just enforcing the law and it's not my fault is plain old bullshit. Take some personal responsibility for yourself cops and quit blaming the law and the feds. This I was just doing my job for money and I don't know right from wrong but I am a cop so it's ok is absurd or I did it for the money. You sure did cops, you did it for the money.

As far as I am concerned pigs are guilty for enforcing marijuana prohibition and they are guilty as charged.

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:43 PM #5
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Red face

so, all the folks at LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) are now fair game? i have been caught & released far too many times by LEO that did not believe in some of the laws they are tasked with upholding to go causing them problems. some of them locally, i got high with before (and after ) entering their careers. most have never done a drug bust, unless some smartass ran his mouth and/or there was another officer on the scene. they can't just cut you loose with an asshole witness that wants a bust "attaboy" from higher ups... MOST LEO are just like us, but with shorter hair, lol...

Old 06-02-2017, 04:57 PM #6
We Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
so, all the folks at LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) are now fair game? i have been caught & released far too many times by LEO that did not believe in some of the laws they are tasked with upholding to go causing them problems. some of them locally, i got high with before (and after ) entering their careers. most have never done a drug bust, unless some smartass ran his mouth and/or there was another officer on the scene. they can't just cut you loose with an asshole witness that wants a bust "attaboy" from higher ups... MOST LEO are just like us, but with shorter hair, lol...

That's just your experience AOH and it sounds like you have been pretty fortunate.

Your experiences in TN, is not a one fit all glove for everyone AOH.

Bad excuses is what it is.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:34 PM #7
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Wait View Post
That's just your experience AOH and it sounds like you have been pretty fortunate.

Your experiences in TN, is not a one fit all glove for everyone AOH.

Bad excuses is what it is.
cops are individuals, just like everyone else. i HAVE been fortunate here, in that i have never gone to jail. NO ONES experiences are a "one size fits all". not "bad excuses" not "excuses" at all. simply life. i will not tarnish everyone by using one person (or a dozen, or a hundred) as an example. if i was to judge everyone here by the actions of a few, i would say that we are all utter morons & should be barred from the internet. are there LEO/judges/politicians that need to be horsewhipped & rolled in rock salt before being burned at the stake? you damn skippy there are! but do they ALL? why, fuck no... "i ask not that you agree with me, only that blahblahblahetc"

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:39 PM #8
We Wait

Quote:
cops are individuals, just like everyone else. i HAVE been fortunate here, in that i have never gone to jail. NO ONES experiences are a "one size fits all". not "bad excuses" not "excuses" at all. simply life. i will not tarnish everyone by using one person (or a dozen, or a hundred) as an example. if i was to judge everyone here by the actions of a few, i would say that we are all utter morons & should be barred from the internet. are there LEO/judges/politicians that need to be horsewhipped & rolled in rock salt before being burned at the stake? you damn skippy there are! but do they ALL? why, fuck no... "i ask not that you agree with me, only that blahblahblahetc"
You reap what you sow

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:58 AM #9
We Wait

Quote:

Sorry if I came off like a dick head to you. AOH made a nice post actually. All they have to do though AOH,is stop arresting people for pot for any amount, who cares it's really all so simple.
Unless it was laced with something but that is not cannabis anymore. You cannot Bill Cosby people with lsd or anything unknowingly that also is a crime lol.
The topic is: If all these folks had spoke up when they were jailing people for cannabis the world would be a different place.
Weed is good, arresting people for weed is bad.
It's 2017 and marijuana is still illegal.
Smoke a bowl while you wait.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:10 PM #10
armedoldhippy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Wait View Post
Sorry if I came off like a dick head to you. AOH made a nice post actually. All they have to do though AOH,is stop arresting people for pot for any amount, who cares it's really all so simple.
Unless it was laced with something but that is not cannabis anymore. You cannot Bill Cosby people with lsd or anything unknowingly that also is a crime lol.
The topic is: If all these folks had spoke up when they were jailing people for cannabis the world would be a different place.
Weed is good, arresting people for weed is bad.
It's 2017 and marijuana is still illegal.
Smoke a bowl while you wait.
no sweat, WW. if the wrong ride-along is in the car & they do NOT arrest you, they lose their job. then, they are not out there to go easy on anyone else. likewise, if you are a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, they expect you to enforce laws, not bitch about those you disagree with. everyone here (me included) agree with you - no one should be arrested for possessing/smoking/growing weed. i am old enough to remember when it was not legal ANYWHERE, not even medical. we ARE moving in the right direction in spite of sometimes shooting ourselves in the foot,. and people like Trump & his attack midget Sessions. i wish i COULD smoke a bowl, but it is a new month & everyone i work with is waiting to see if they "won the lottery". (were picked for random drug testing)