Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > Use Private Browsing!

Thread Title Search
Use Private Browsing! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2016, 04:53 PM #11
PaullyHighBred

PaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the roughPaullyHighBred is a jewel in the rough
ghostery is a pretty sweet add on for firefox...
PaullyHighBred is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2016, 06:17 AM #12
Huckster79

How do you do this on an iPad?

Old 04-18-2016, 03:21 AM #13
Cannabis Motiva

Cannabis Motiva will become famous soon enoughCannabis Motiva will become famous soon enoughCannabis Motiva will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckster79 View Post
How do you do this on an iPad?
It can all be done with apps. First, get an adblock capable browser like Dolphin Browser. Then set up a VPN for your iPad, which can also be done with an app.

It depends how technically capable you are. You can lock down a phone just like you can with a computer.
Cannabis Motiva is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2016, 03:22 AM #14
Cannabis Motiva

Cannabis Motiva will become famous soon enoughCannabis Motiva will become famous soon enoughCannabis Motiva will become famous soon enough
^ Sorry, I meant to say that you can lock down a iPad just like a computer. The same mobile apps used for phones are compatible with your iPad.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:34 AM #15
Cannabis Motiva

Also, I'd like to mention that AdBlock Plus is a great tool for anyone runing firefox. It allows further controls other than just not allowing cookies.

Firefox also allows multiple users, which is excellent. I have 3 profiles. 1 for work, 1 personal, and a 3rd one specifically for VPN use. The one I use for the VPN has NONE of my personal info. I never log into any email or social media from that, it's strictly for this forum and a few other places. The settings for each of your Firefox profiles can be totally different. For this profile, I use super tight security settings, have adblock running strong, and have java turned off completely. No 3rd party plugins, no "media adapters", none of that shit. Browsing history is completely off. No cookies and no offline content.

People on Mac too, can definitely benefit from Firefox and its multiple user capabilities. It's worth checking into.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:43 AM #16
corky1968
Banned

Location: Living in a Trichome. These are the Best Homes in the World.
corky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud ofcorky1968 has much to be proud of
At least "Flush your DNS".

Type this in Command prompt:

ipsonfig/flushdns

https://documentation.cpanel.net/dis...Your+DNS+Cache
corky1968 is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2016, 10:45 AM #17
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
Awe shit.time to get a new roll for my tin foil hat cause some of the stuff I just read scares the shit out of me.TOR is owned by DARPA skip? I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore.
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2017, 04:54 PM #18
Tricks4u

Tricks4u is on a distinguished road
Question Anonymous posting?

What's up people, I go by Tricks, no, I'm not a hooker, just an old nick name from years ago, I'm a 56 yr old hippie from VA.

So, I do a lot of research here and a few other forms, have for years off and on, but living in VA with medical and legal all around me, I'm stuck in the madlands lol

I'd like to post some pics along with my questions, but want to post anonymously due to my location. If I was using a laptop it wouldn't be a problem, but can't afford a new one, so I'm using a kindle for now. I ran a anonymous proxy back in the day, we are talking dail up lol so I have no idea about this kindle.... Any ideas? Thanks peace ✌
Tricks4u is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2017, 04:48 PM #19
EmeraldWizard

EmeraldWizard will become famous soon enough
Sneaky Cookie Trickery

I like to allow cookies, just in another profile or section so I have a bit of control, and use the cookies acquired to compile a list to block, gmail and facebook are both terrible at requiring cookies, a lot of them, but ad services are generally pretty easy, the hard part is just doing one site at a time, and until you have gone to a site with your protocol, the site must be considered blacklisted, getting completely secure online is a pain and never user friendly, but privacy and security is also quite suspicious to the entities that do track you if they be big brother, ad sites tho, I doubt would waste much to break your encryption and security.... but they do put a lot into doing just that..... So this site along with others worries me and I'm sure I'm not alone...

Best bet, get 2 devices, first one has dummy profiles and is a test device to assemble your cookie block list, second one has all the crazy security you can think of, vpn ran thru public wifi using your dummy device as a "hop", or home wifi, always could claim someone was stealing your wifi that way, as long as that device was never found, bottom line is you will never have privacy, our government and ultimately (I do agree here) all of our security an safety kinda it some ways does require them to be able to do those things, as long as you're not planning some extremist crazy terror plot, the big brother probably gonna stay away, the ads will still try to sell you everything they think you'll buy however
EmeraldWizard is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2017, 04:50 PM #20
EmeraldWizard

EmeraldWizard will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky1968 View Post
At least "Flush your DNS".

Type this in Command prompt:

ipsonfig/flushdns

https://documentation.cpanel.net/dis...Your+DNS+Cache

"ipconfig" but I don't mean to correct you like that, just want the command to work ya know
EmeraldWizard is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.