Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

Thread Title Search
If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 05:58 PM #31
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
Unhappy about what?

When I came back to growing in the wake of A64, I thought maybe the wife would be more amorous when toked up. I'm a bit unhappy that didn't work out as planned.

I'm unhappy with a young guy who borrowed my truck. Driving it today, I hit the brakes hard & a container with a bud in it rolled out from under the seat. Very sloppy. In the old days, stupid shit like that would get you busted.

I'm a bit unhappy with my oldest son who doesn't seem to have the ambition to be much more than his mother's 50 year old homeboy somewhere in the future.

I'm unhappy with the freebie seeds from OSSC that arrived yesterday. I think I'll be happy with the Queen Mother seeds in the same package, however.

I feel better about it all when I take a few tokes & tend my little legal grow, never looking over my shoulder at all. I'd have to be a bonehead to be unhappy about that.
We all know you are very happy with you situation Jhhnn.
I am also very glad things are working out so well for you.
I truly hope they stay that way for ya!

Unfortunately that is not the case for some!

Please let them have the freedom to voice their opinion without the threat of ridicule or name calling.

PLEASE!

Shag

Last edited by shaggyballs; 08-04-2014 at 06:46 PM..
shaggyballs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:19 PM #32
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to beholdBOMBAYCAT is a splendid one to behold
I live in a recreational state although I have a MMJ card. It is great to be growing 6 plants in the back yard without worries about looking over my shoulder for trouble. Six plants is not enough for breeding purposes though. I have in mind a couple crosses to make. I am still struggling with the paper bag/pollen way of breeding.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:38 PM #33
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
We all know you are very happy with you situation Jhhnn.
I am also very glad things are working out so well for you.
I truly hope they stay that way for ya!

Unfortunately that is not the case for some!

Please let them have the freedom to voice their opinion without the threat of ridicule or name calling.

PLEASE!

Shag
I realize that others have greater ambition, Shag. I get that. OTOH, changes here in CO haven't made it worse for them, at all. I can appreciate wanting more & being disappointed with progress so far, but only to a point, the point where that ambition blinds them to how much better this is for the vast majority.

I just try to make the best of it. I believe that this is just the start, that people much younger than myself will experience even greater positive change over the next decade. It's a good start, granting users & personal growers the respect they deserve.

One of the big problems for all the old players- the growers, the MMJ shops, the black market dealers & importers- is keeping the money in it. None of those people really want weed to be cheap & plentiful at all because it'll put them out of business.

In that, I'm more of a subversive than most. I want weed growing to move outdoors where it belongs. First into backyards, then into commercial fields. I want it to look like the wine industry, with the marijuana equivalents of cheap tokay, connoisseur grade vintage chardonnay & everything in between available to everybody. I want to be able to buy clones at the garden center for the same price as petunia clones, cannabis seeds off the rack right next to the cucumber seeds.

I want indoor growing under lights to become a quaint relic of the past, something obviously not in the interests of those who would express the greatest unhappiness with the changes in CO at all.

We have a long way to go to get there, but CO has made a helluva better start at it than anybody else. I'm very lucky indeed to be a part of it, particularly considered where we started 50 years ago.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:55 AM #34
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
I realize that others have greater ambition, Shag. I get that. OTOH, changes here in CO haven't made it worse for them, at all. I can appreciate wanting more & being disappointed with progress so far, but only to a point, the point where that ambition blinds them to how much better this is for the vast majority.

I just try to make the best of it. I believe that this is just the start, that people much younger than myself will experience even greater positive change over the next decade. It's a good start, granting users & personal growers the respect they deserve.

One of the big problems for all the old players- the growers, the MMJ shops, the black market dealers & importers- is keeping the money in it. None of those people really want weed to be cheap & plentiful at all because it'll put them out of business.

In that, I'm more of a subversive than most. I want weed growing to move outdoors where it belongs. First into backyards, then into commercial fields. I want it to look like the wine industry, with the marijuana equivalents of cheap tokay, connoisseur grade vintage chardonnay & everything in between available to everybody. I want to be able to buy clones at the garden center for the same price as petunia clones, cannabis seeds off the rack right next to the cucumber seeds.

I want indoor growing under lights to become a quaint relic of the past, something obviously not in the interests of those who would express the greatest unhappiness with the changes in CO at all.

We have a long way to go to get there, but CO has made a helluva better start at it than anybody else. I'm very lucky indeed to be a part of it, particularly considered where we started 50 years ago.
I find it hard to disagree with any of that statement!
I mean lets not split hairs here so.
I think our views are very much the same.
I think the wine scenario sounds like a workable one.
There is still the fear of corporate greed I can not shake??
Weed everywhere, of every kind at a cheap price should keep that in check.
Shag
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 PM #35
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Wink

your fear of corporate greed/monopoly is one I share. if something is completely under govt/corporate control, there is no freedom EXCEPT in the black market just as it is now. no matter what the govt/corporate world wants, there will ALWAYS be those willing to risk everything to achieve their goals. and thank God for those folks willing to stick their thumbs into the eyes of the beast...

Old 08-05-2014, 05:32 PM #36
paladin420
FACILITATOR

paladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant futurepaladin420 has a brilliant future
As long as the losers in the war on Drugs/Us write the rules?
We and our families will b victimized.
paladin420 is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2014, 05:59 PM #37
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond reputetheJointedOne has a reputation beyond repute
Babylon System is the Vampire...........

Suckin' the Blood of the Sufferer........

Deceiving the People continually......

theJointedOne is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 PM #38
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJointedOne View Post
Babylon System is the Vampire...........

Suckin' the Blood of the Sufferer........

Deceiving the People continually......
All that might be true, but it never once stopped me from getting high.
"Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2014, 07:00 PM #39
D. B. Doober
Bong User

D. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant futureD. B. Doober has a brilliant future
I wonder what kind of buds gw pharmaceuticals produces. I want to be a weed spy and find out. What if it's like 60% thc?

Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 PM #40
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
It's been legal to grow 24 plants and possess 1/4 dried bud in your home for almost 40 years now in Alaska. Here's what I've seen here in those 40 years: Almost everyone that smokes has NO interest in growing their own. Certainly less than 1% of tokers. Of the people that are interested in growing 99% of them have no interest in staying below the 24 plant count so they can $upply the 99% of tokers who refuse to grow. So even though you can legally grow 24 and under and possess 1/4lb in your home the prisons and probation offices are full of MJ offenders and it STILL feels like a MJ police state. A few years back this state also went medical MJ. So now with the card you can grow 6 plants and possess one oz. WTF? It's makes NO damn sense to most people. Now in November the people will vote on another way to make it legal and sold in stores like alcohol. The grow limit for the people under this new law if passed- 6 plants and 1 oz. WTF? The right of the Alaska people to grow and possess MJ within the privacy of their home is protected in the Alaska Constitution, they set the limits at 24 plants and 1 qp. ALL attempts to rewrite the constitution have been beat down. So the more legal it gets and the more legal they want to get it the less we can grow and possess. Sumbitches

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.