Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > anyone into metal detecting

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
anyone into metal detecting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 AM #11
buddymate
Guest

Posts: n/a
How did you find the hoard Leeps,whats the story?What were your feelings when you actually saw it in the soil?
Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:42 AM #12
SiR-GrOwS-aLoT
Member

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 269
SiR-GrOwS-aLoT has a spectacular aura aboutSiR-GrOwS-aLoT has a spectacular aura aboutSiR-GrOwS-aLoT has a spectacular aura about
yup..hardcore metal detectorist here.. i run an AT pro
SiR-GrOwS-aLoT is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:39 PM #14
leepy
Member

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: here on earth
Posts: 80
leepy will become famous soon enoughleepy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddymate View Post
How did you find the hoard Leeps,whats the story?What were your feelings when you actually saw it in the soil?
lol the story is unreal as it gose pal we'v been to cumbria a few times metal detecting because we have 4farms in a row on the a66 that we have permission on for shooting an diggin but we'v only had the odd bronze roman coin an the odd brooch nowt important so any way my m8 said we'll do the 1st farm today so we went an seen the farmer an he said the only place we could do was the hillside we drove down to get to the farm instantly i was like well fuck that was a waste of fucking time coming up here cos theres going to be fuck all on a hill as steep as that bastard the fucking sheep dont even walk to the top of the hill its that steep lmfao so after moanin about not going to find owt we decided an hour on the hill an we'd move on so off we go i decided to do a power march towards a tree at the top of the hill straight line no messin about (tbh i just did not fancy that hill at all) off i go like a mad man an not one fucking signal till about 30yrds from the top i hit an iffy signal then the detector went on one nearly burst my bastard ear drum i thought it was a tin sheet or some shit as i was using my m8s minelab 707 an dint know how to use it the signal was about 8ft x 4ft so i just took a random scoop out with the spade to see if it was a tin sheet and in that 1st scoop out came about half a dozen silver coins my fucking heart sank bro i shit you not i took another scoop out about 3ft way an out came another 10 or so i spun round to see were my m8s were an they wernt even half way up the hill till i rang them lol they were there in a breath lmfao after an hour or two id changed the landscape for ever pmsfl id dug half the fucking hillside off an in total i had 261 silver roman coins my very very 1st thoughts wen id found them were OMFG im the 1st person to SEE and TOUCH these coins since the roman that put them there .after a lot of thought i decided that i wanted to keep them not cos of value but because its a one in a lifetime find so i told the lads look im not declaring the hoard so i split it with the 3kids that were with me the biggest mistake of my life was splittin the hoard up
leepy is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:25 PM #15
bonecarver_OG
Guest

Posts: n/a
wow!

thats a neat find! congrats!
Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:27 PM #16
leepy
Member

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: here on earth
Posts: 80
leepy will become famous soon enoughleepy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR-GrOwS-aLoT View Post
yup..hardcore metal detectorist here.. i run an AT pro
thats my next detector my man was going to sell my minelab 707 to fund it BUT i cant bring myself to do it just like my ace 250 i couldnt bring myself to sell that to fund the 707 lmfao so ill have 3detectors once i get my AT pro but if i like it an it impresses me as much as i think it will then the 707 will get sold (i think) lol quick Q for ya am i right in thinkin the AT pro hasnt got a back light m8 ?
leepy is offline Quote


Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 PM #17
shithawk420
Senior Member

shithawk420's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sunnyvale
Posts: 4,564
shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
I can't think of the name but that show where they find all that stuff has to be fake right?nobody is that lucky.right?
shithawk420 is offline Quote


Old 05-03-2014, 05:34 PM #18
leepy
Member

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: here on earth
Posts: 80
leepy will become famous soon enoughleepy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
I can't think of the name but that show where they find all that stuff has to be fake right?nobody is that lucky.right?
if ya mean the yank program with the big daft bastard with black beard i agree that is fake i seen him dig a hole about 3ft deep an a green grass sod came out from halfway down meanin it had been dug very very recently like the day b4 lol
leepy is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:07 PM #19
Ph-patrol
Senior Member

Ph-patrol's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: zero kelvin
Posts: 4,196
Ph-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivorPh-patrol is a survivor
I have a question. how do you know if your detecting a tin can compared to some thing valuable like precious metals? Next question how deep do you detect?
Ph-patrol is offline Quote


Old 05-03-2014, 08:46 PM #20
buddymate
Guest

Posts: n/a
Quote:
lol the story is unreal as it gose pal we'v been to cumbria a few times metal detecting because we have 4farms in a row on the a66 that we have permission on for shooting an diggin but we'v only had the odd bronze roman coin an the odd brooch nowt important so any way my m8 said we'll do the 1st farm today so we went an seen the farmer an he said the only place we could do was the hillside we drove down to get to the farm instantly i was like well fuck that was a waste of fucking time coming up here cos theres going to be fuck all on a hill as steep as that bastard the fucking sheep dont even walk to the top of the hill its that steep lmfao so after moanin about not going to find owt we decided an hour on the hill an we'd move on so off we go i decided to do a power march towards a tree at the top of the hill straight line no messin about (tbh i just did not fancy that hill at all) off i go like a mad man an not one fucking signal till about 30yrds from the top i hit an iffy signal then the detector went on one nearly burst my bastard ear drum i thought it was a tin sheet or some shit as i was using my m8s minelab 707 an dint know how to use it the signal was about 8ft x 4ft so i just took a random scoop out with the spade to see if it was a tin sheet and in that 1st scoop out came about half a dozen silver coins my fucking heart sank bro i shit you not i took another scoop out about 3ft way an out came another 10 or so i spun round to see were my m8s were an they wernt even half way up the hill till i rang them lol they were there in a breath lmfao after an hour or two id changed the landscape for ever pmsfl id dug half the fucking hillside off an in total i had 261 silver roman coins my very very 1st thoughts wen id found them were OMFG im the 1st person to SEE and TOUCH these coins since the roman that put them there .after a lot of thought i decided that i wanted to keep them not cos of value but because its a one in a lifetime find so i told the lads look im not declaring the hoard so i split it with the 3kids that were with me the biggest mistake of my life was splittin the hoard up
Thanks Leeps,excellent story.
Quote


1 members found this post helpful.

Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:19 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.