Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > WET VS DRY Trimming

Thread Title Search
WET VS DRY Trimming Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 PM #11
W89

W89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the rough
doing the dry trim can you cut and hang each branch or do you have to hang the whole plant?

EDIT: @ BG I have just bought some CMH bulbs to give them a go.. I have done done just hps and just MH in the past, My results were more bud from the HPS but more resin production from the MH.. Im hoping the CMH will give best of both worlds they have a wider spectrum of light - I will be puting them in today wen the lights come on looking foreward to seeing the results

Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 PM #12
BasementGrower

at the most.. i chop plants in half.. hanging both sides.. but wen i do that i number plants. i wana see whats good with yield per plant.. so i gota number everything.. !! it sucks but. hey i wana see whats good with these strains.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM #13
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivor
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
yes you can separate the branches. When you start cutting the leaves on the buds is when you start losing Terpenes

#hammerhead_genetics
Hammer's haze craze
Flashbang- C x Firestorm #18 test grow
Hammers Perpetual

Hammerhead is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 AM #14
BasementGrower

hammerhead.. do u have any experience with Low Temp Drying?

im currently dryin in a room that gets from 57-65 degrees F . and stays around 40-45 rh.. will the cold temps screw with anything? i havent seen a problem with it . but some1 said mold in low temps? i didnt know that?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 AM #15
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer

Hammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivorHammerhead is a survivor
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
yes the longer it takes to dry them more risk you have getting mold... I dry room temp (72f) for about 7-10 days.

#hammerhead_genetics
Hammer's haze craze
Flashbang- C x Firestorm #18 test grow
Hammers Perpetual

Last edited by Hammerhead; 02-13-2013 at 07:01 AM..
Hammerhead is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 AM #16
W89

W89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
yes you can separate the branches. When you start cutting the leaves on the buds is when you start losing Terpenes
cheers for the reply mate that makes it a lot easier to store and dry like that whole plants would be a bit of a pain if you havent got much room

Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM #17
BasementGrower

i reallly hope people look at this thread and stop wet trimming.. honestly.. i just was matching up with a friend this morning.. and he pulled out some nice looking buds but then i was lookin for a smell... and i got that hay smell.. kinda weird.. so i asked dry or wet.. he said WET.. i told about the dry.... so hes going to do the rest dry. and watch i bet he dont ever go back to wet EASY trimming..

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM #18
OrganicBuds
Banned

OrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud ofOrganicBuds has much to be proud of
This is what everybody says, but dam, when you have an outdoor harvest dry trimming SUCKS!!! I have done side by sides, and I never see that big of a difference from the wet trim vs dry trim. Maybe I need to be more observant.
OrganicBuds is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 PM #19
ghostnugz

ghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to allghostnugz is a name known to all
Yall are too funny. my boys who grow all say the sme thing yet my wet trimmed buds are always the best smelling out of the whole crew. i realy find it hard to believe doing it either way makes a huge difference as long as youre doing it the correct way.
ghostnugz is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 AM #20
festerous

festerous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud offesterous has much to be proud of
When you harm most plant's they produce cis-3-hexenal. This VOC gives cut grass it's smell, it has a very low odor threshold of about 0.25 parts per billion.
festerous is offline Quote

18 members found this post helpful.