What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is there an alcohol pill?

NOKUY

Veteran
im sure this will get bounced like my last 50 threads....but is there such a thing?

like a vodka pill or somethin? :thank you:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, looks like someone invented it late last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/alcohol-pill-scientist-pa_n_379095.html

Thanks to a new technique developed by Russian professor Evgeny Moskalev, now you can get drunk without drinking.

Moskalev has created an "alcohol pill" using a method that transforms alcohol into a powder, which can then be packed into potent pills.

"We have developed a technology that allowed us to turn any liquid solution into powder," Professor Moskalev said.

He reports having tested his technique on liquor "containing as much as 96% alcohol content," notes MyFoxSpokane.

Moskalev claims to be able to create an alcohol pill from just about any boozy beverage, including whiskey, cognac, beer, and wine, the Times of India reports.

The Times Of India describes how these "vodka pills" or "whiskey pills" could be taken by people in lieu of drinking:
Vodka in form of a pill would come handy at parties when "consumers" would be able to calculate their exact required dosage.

Heh here's a technique to make Vodka pills -

http://chadzilla.typepad.com/chadzilla/2007/10/making-vodka-pi.html

NOKUY

Veteran
Yup, looks like someone invented it late last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/03/alcohol-pill-scientist-pa_n_379095.html

Thanks to a new technique developed by Russian professor Evgeny Moskalev, now you can get drunk without drinking.

Moskalev has created an "alcohol pill" using a method that transforms alcohol into a powder, which can then be packed into potent pills.

"We have developed a technology that allowed us to turn any liquid solution into powder," Professor Moskalev said.

He reports having tested his technique on liquor "containing as much as 96% alcohol content," notes MyFoxSpokane.

Moskalev claims to be able to create an alcohol pill from just about any boozy beverage, including whiskey, cognac, beer, and wine, the Times of India reports.

The Times Of India describes how these "vodka pills" or "whiskey pills" could be taken by people in lieu of drinking:
Vodka in form of a pill would come handy at parties when "consumers" would be able to calculate their exact required dosage.

yay yay
:jump: :jump:

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
but...........im thirsty :)
fun58.jpg

Molson

Valium, Xanax, Adivan, Klonopin all the alcohol you need in a pill.

True. Great thing about benzos is that they provide the same anxiety relief that alcohol does and you're still able to function on therapeutic doses.

I'd personally stick with beer and/or hard liquor if that's your thing. IIRC, yukon, you're out west. California in particular has a ton of great microbreweries: Stone, Russian River, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Sierra Nevada...

If you're moving to WV, snatch the brews up while you can. Russian river doesn't even distribute out east, and while the other breweries do... sometimes it's hard to find 'em.

S

swicker

this sounds interesting, hey there i've got your single malt malt micro pill here for ya

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Booze pills. Wow.

I'm going to stick with my 40oz to Freedom

40oz.beer.jpg

They even make cozies for them now.
The-40-oz-Cozy.jpg

I still prefer to kick it old school though.
20090811_40oz_250x375.jpg

C

Cookie monster

^
well we are gonna need something to help us swallow the booze pills :)

hkush

Powdered alcohol @ 98% alcohol content. An interesting invention, but you'd have to take multiple bottles of pills to get drunk.

ButteredIt

there are also research chemicals known to have very similar effects to that of alcohol... so be sceptical of what someone tries to pas off as 'alcohol powder,' as it could be a number of different, potentially harmful, chemicals.

How hasn't anyone mentioned jello shots? They're like big, squishy pills.
You can even get them in the little paper cups, like in retirement homes...
AAAAAqLji_kAAAAAAEDR6A.jpg

jelloshot.jpg

jello_shot_directions.gif

jello-shots-large.jpg

What do you need them for?

Latest posts

Latest posts