Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > A perfect cure every time

Thread Title Search
A perfect cure every time Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2010, 07:51 PM #21
somebody041

somebody041 will become famous soon enough
i'll be sure to post my results from trying this... i wish i would have read about this a few weeks earlier because i just harvested!
somebody041 is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 PM #22
bigtopsfinn

bigtopsfinn will become famous soon enoughbigtopsfinn will become famous soon enough
Good post. Thanks!
bigtopsfinn is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 PM #23
simon
Weedomus Maximus

simon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody041 View Post
i'll be sure to post my results from trying this... i wish i would have read about this a few weeks earlier because i just harvested!
Please do. I'd be happy to help if you have questions.

I probably wasn't clear enough when I mentioned scaling the methodology for larger harvests. This what I wrote in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
You don't need a hygrometer for every container, just as the hygrometers don't have to remain inside the jars 24/7, especially after the product's RH is relatively stable, or if the flowers are not dry enough. Either situation shows relatively quickly. Or, you could just use a hygrometer in a test jar to determine what the product should feel like at every stage. FWIW, I've used 2 hygrometers to cure +5lbs in 1gal jars.
Unfortunately, I write like an EE and don't always venture above and beyond the basic architecture of the concept. If anyone has specific questions, or would like to discuss this on a more granular level, please feel free to post specifics.

Simon

The material contained in Simon's posts is driven by an overactive imagination. Any pictures that Simon may post were found on the Internet and falsely presented as his. Simon does not grow Cannabis, nor has he ever cultivated any illegal substance. Any representations leading to an opposite conclusion are based on pure fantasy.
simon is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:45 PM #24
buddah
Life is one big grow........

buddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of lightbuddah is a glorious beacon of light
real nice....
i was thinking a long time if i buy a humidore!!! it the perfect box for storing!! and it looks great
may a humidore for storing ciggars are real cool for curing weed also!!!

what do ya mean bros!!!! also its possible to add an electronic controll system for the RH!! it also for ciggars and can be found in every cig online shop for about 100 bucks!! But its def. to big for smaller jars!!
also some products to rais up the RH are for sell!! should work great !!
buddah is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM #25
simon
Weedomus Maximus

simon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nicesimon is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah View Post
real nice....
i was thinking a long time if i buy a humidore!!! it the perfect box for storing!! and it looks great
may a humidore for storing ciggars are real cool for curing weed also!!!

what do ya mean bros!!!! also its possible to add an electronic controll system for the RH!! it also for ciggars and can be found in every cig online shop for about 100 bucks!! But its def. to big for smaller jars!!
also some products to rais up the RH are for sell!! should work great !!
One thing to keep in mind with products geared for tobacco. Tabacco's prime RH is ~70%, which is a bit higher than what we're looking for.

I'm going to look into the electronic controls. Thanks for the tip.

Simon

The material contained in Simon's posts is driven by an overactive imagination. Any pictures that Simon may post were found on the Internet and falsely presented as his. Simon does not grow Cannabis, nor has he ever cultivated any illegal substance. Any representations leading to an opposite conclusion are based on pure fantasy.
simon is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 PM #26
Synthettek

Synthettek will become famous soon enoughSynthettek will become famous soon enoughSynthettek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by madassimi View Post
nice!

you can find them on amazon for under $15

https://www.amazon.com/Caliber-III-Di...4436163&sr=8-1

Dimensions: 3.5" x 1.25" x .25"
Just got mine for $12... thanks for the link.

Also... I'll definitely post my results to this thread. I'll have some prime Sour D to harvest in about a month or so...
Synthettek is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 AM #27
simon
Weedomus Maximus

Thanks, guys. Just ordered 2 more, myself, to keep in stock.

Simon

simon is offline Quote

Old 01-31-2010, 09:10 AM #28
Metatron
Transient Jet Lagged Ecto Mimed Bison

Metatron will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.
Simon, thank you for the awesome info, I hope this gets stickied. My question is and I've always been confused about this, is what is the difference between jar curing and jar storage? Is 55-60% the sweet spot you would always like your flowers to be at?

Also a very reputable collective recommends storing with these:

https://innovagolf.com/boveda.html

The lowest packet they have available is 65%. Would you cure, monitor, and burp until RH is 55-60% then put a boveda packet in for indefinite storage?

Thanks

M-

Old 01-31-2010, 09:55 AM #29
simon
Weedomus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
My question is and I've always been confused about this, is what is the difference between jar curing and jar storage?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I can only assume that differentiating between the two points to an alternate curing method.

Quote:
Is 55-60% the sweet spot you would always like your flowers to be at?
It's a difficult question to answer without examining the individual situation. As you know, the curing process hinges on a very slow extraction of moisture from the stems. As that moisture is released, the product hydrates however minutely over time. Hence, the need to correlate the product's RH with the intended storage period. One also needs to account for the approximate moisture content in the stems. For example, product dried more quickly will maintain higher moisture level in its stems relative to its flower mass. All this has to be taken into account when shooting for an optimum RH.

For smoking ~60% or a hair more is great. In terms on bag appeal, ~65% will deliver a sticky product. Much depends on one's expectations. The flowers will be curing, regardless.

Quote:
Also a very reputable collective recommends storing with these:

https://innovagolf.com/boveda.html

The lowest packet they have available is 65%. Would you cure, monitor, and burp until RH is 55-60% then put a boveda packet in for indefinite storage?
Assuming the flowers' RH has stabilized - the product was brought down to its intended RH, monitored, jar kept closed for at least a week and checked again - the packet would simply add moisture to the flower mass. You see, the tobacco in the cigars is already cured and enthusiasts are simply looking to maintain the cigars in their optimum state. We, OTOH, are looking to cure the product, itself, and keep it curing, rather than maintaining a static state of cure for a long period of time. Cigars, and Canna, that are too dry can be hydrated with such a packet, but it will have no bearing on the curing process. I hope that made sense.

Simon

simon is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:23 PM #30
Kcar
There are FOUR lights!

Kcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to behold
Just ordered 3 on amazon - 37.05 total. Free ship. like 12 each.
Kcar is offline Quote