Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > Invisible Mode = False Sense of Security

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Invisible Mode = False Sense of Security Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 AM #31
SouthernGuerila
Gotta Smoke 'Em All!

SouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really niceSouthernGuerila is just really nice
So how do I use this invisible mode?

I cant seem to locate a button / menu to enable this...

Old 07-19-2009, 05:38 PM #32
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
Click "my IC", and on the left you will see "edit options"...... Click that and it's right there....

Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 PM #33
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned16 View Post
Ye i dont understand all this computer jargon and i read the wiki link...Just to clear things up if i go on icmag and do the https thing then its exactly like using a proxy???lol thanks
No it's not the same as using a proxy. When using a proxy you mask your real IP#. When using https: it provides a secure encrypted connection so that no one can read your passwords when you login. It protects the data you send from being read, but it doesn't hide your IP# like a proxy does.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:54 AM #34
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Strainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to all
Since Ip's are not being stored...can someone explain why it matters if a proxy is being used or not?

Say I post a pic w/o using a proxy...the IP the pic was posted from is not being stored...so using a proxy - or not - shouldn't make a difference in my not-so-computer-savvy opinion.

Thanks for your time explaining this to me!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 PM #35
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Strainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to allStrainhunter is a name known to all
^^^^^Anyone?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:26 PM #36
Bernal1521

Bernal1521 is on a distinguished road
If you are in Canada... if you are caught.. they give you a court date. and let you go...

In the Southern U.S.? They take you out into a peanut or corn, or cotton field and shoiot you...

There is no justice... Come on over... Oh... we would love to have you...

FUCK Fortune Magazine!

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 PM #37
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainHunter View Post
Since Ip's are not being stored...can someone explain why it matters if a proxy is being used or not?

Say I post a pic w/o using a proxy...the IP the pic was posted from is not being stored...so using a proxy - or not - shouldn't make a difference in my not-so-computer-savvy opinion.

Thanks for your time explaining this to me!
All your LIVE activity on any website is linked in real time your IP#, recorded by us or not. It's recorded by your hosting company and any interested party between you and our server. If you surf the web from your computer without a proxy, you are revealing your IP to every website you visit, including this one. Only diff is we aren't keeping your IP# in our database, but other sites and the NSA and other agencies can see it & record it if they like and that IP# can be looked up and traced right to your doorstep.

Using "invisible mode" here isn't going to change any of that.

Got it now?

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 PM #38
Strainhunter
Tropical Outcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Using "invisible mode" here isn't going to change any of that.

Got it now?

"invisible mode" has never been part of my question and always has been clear to me.

So according to your answer using a Proxy makes sense due to outside places being able to record the users online activities if using the ISP's provided IP and ICM having no interest in doing so.

Thank you.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:50 AM #39
Badgermonkey

Badgermonkey is on a distinguished road
So. does this site log IP's or not?

Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 PM #40
Dreamz_Of_Green
Banned

Dreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the roughDreamz_Of_Green is a jewel in the rough
How to use a proxy:
go click one of these urls from the proxy list https://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html and surf from the site go check ur ip at ipchicken.com before and while using a proxy to see if ip has changed if it has ur set . farther ur proxy is away from u the more slower surfing may become

Thread Closed