I spent a couple hours early this AM thinking about what pitch I would give to the President if he wanted a briefing on why he should take all of Cannabis off the federal schedule. Not from the AMA, not from the DEA, not from whatever agency is threatened with a budget cut if legalized... but from me. Payback for sending in a whitehouse.gov suggestion.
Of course I would try to get someone who could make the point clearly, but there would need to be a briefing made in any case. Lord knows the MIC, big tobacco, etc have theirs!
We are light years ahead today, and the stars are aligned IMO.
1. CBD de-federalization has been a huge success, except for the bunko artists trying to scam stock investors.
2. CBD acceptance by all sorts of people who would never try "Marijuana" is growing. Old people talk about it at church. It helps their pets be active again.
3. The feds are cracking down on opoids - about time. This is a Trump initiative. So the case for Cannabis for pain relief is now compelling since there are no pot deaths.
4. A bunch of states have legalized Cannabis in their own ways. More states are moving in that direction. Some states where Cannabis is illegal ignore CBD sales at stores, including flower. Jails are overcrowded as it is.
5. "Hemp" is really Cannabis. At this point a chart or two regarding the compounds in the Cannabis plant would be handy. Point out that the strains are the real difference due to the compound ratios they produce (Is that even correct?). Use "full spectrum" vs "isolate" CBD oil as an example of the availability of many Cannnabis compounds.
6. Expand on the health/medicinal aspect of the plant. This chart I stole shamelessly from somewhere may be a start...
Pic won't cut/paste from my drive. It is a pie chart with the major compounds and the health benefits.
Maybe add some real life anectdotal stories of miracle cures here also.
7. Economy, jobs, crime reduction, medical costs lowering, money stays in the USA instead of going to Mexico.
Is that story, or a better version, available ANYWHERE in a nice concise, eloquant, easily digested, simple 30 minute briefing?
Why not??? He can do this with a stroke of the pen and it is election / impeachment season. 20-30 million votes in the bag IMO.
My gawd, the look on nadler's face when his fed tax and pot justice agency is taken away.