Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Zif & Kal got Soul - double grow bonanza

Thread Title Search
Zif & Kal got Soul - double grow bonanza Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2020, 08:29 PM #31
Stonecutter

Stonecutter has a spectacular aura aboutStonecutter has a spectacular aura aboutStonecutter has a spectacular aura aboutStonecutter has a spectacular aura aboutStonecutter has a spectacular aura about
They did a trial on Gardeners World a few years ago. Dark Ale/ Stout is what those slugs really go for.
But all it takes is one slug to really mess up tender seedlings.
Best of luck
Stonecutter is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:29 AM #32
lamenamenumbers

lamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud oflamenamenumbers has much to be proud of
Another way to defend your outdoor plants from our worthy slug and snail foes is copper tape or rings. I seem to recall putting it around pots on some outdoor grows in the mountains years ago. It was more than a decade ago so I can't quite remember how effective they were. If nothing else it will zazz up your pots.
lamenamenumbers is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 AM #33
Jayded

Jayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really niceJayded is just really nice
Nematodes work really well as long as you keep the soil wet and die out quickly if soil dries.I wish they'd make smaller packs of them as is overkill using a pack just for a few pots when can cover 60sq m of soil.
Jayded is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:38 PM #34
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
Thanks for the sluggish replies guys (<— See what I did there!?)

So I’ve replaced the two that were unceremoniously eaten. I’ll just have to wait a little longer to take cuttings of each.
Kalbhairav is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:51 AM #35
Chappi

Chappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to all
6 souls

6/9 popped. Brought them indoors after 2 1/2 days of being in the sun. Thinking maybe I’ll pop something else in those three pots

Could still pop, could be duds. I’m ok with 6 souls
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABE061F0-CA14-4FDD-8209-374D47013733.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	541445
Chappi is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 02:56 PM #36
zif

zif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to behold
Sowed my last two soul x ss seeds with paranoid tech. Holding my breath.

The other souls are doing great. Will be grafting in no time!
zif is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:12 AM #37
Chappi

Chappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to allChappi is a name known to all
So I went cheap and used recycled soil from my last grow, two of the pots were outside and they appear to have bugs! This morning I found a tiny little caterpillar or worm of some kind on my seedling, I started spraying neem on the soil and ordered some nematodes. Anything else I can do besides transplant into new soil?

I chose all the seeds that were darker reasoning that they came from purple phenos and therefore more GF dom?
Almost all my seedling showing a tinge of purple.

They look yellow, maybe all the N has been depleted.

This is the one with the tiny, now tortured and dead, caterpillar.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	155F4E19-B7C6-49F3-AEBF-87744E7F2709.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	541677 Click image for larger version

Name:	61558B22-6A47-4A71-99E0-0F8737591A1C.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	541678 Click image for larger version

Name:	9C5300A1-270C-4663-B8C6-076FD23AB800.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	541679 Click image for larger version

Name:	BA21C2BA-15AB-4BF2-810E-E91442FCB385.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	541680 Click image for larger version

Name:	908A8913-256A-45C3-87F6-69C4AE58E85F.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	541681

Chappi is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:10 PM #38
zif

zif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to beholdzif is a splendid one to behold
Looking good to me, Chappi!

I usually wait and see what the plants say about nutrients and (minor) insect issues. Not necessarily better, but definitely easier. ;-)

Plants where I live always pick up spider mites outside. There’s a good population of beneficials that keep them in check, though. The catch is that once inside, those beneficials don’t seem to stick around. So the mites run wild.

You might not need to do much more than keep those few caterpillars in check - it all depends on your environment.
zif is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:43 PM #39
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
I feel for you Chappi, I’m having similar issues. I bought some substandard potting soil and two of my seedlings are looking sickly.

The two above are the oldest of the four that are above soil (I just planted another making grand total of 5). The crap soil shows in their very light colouring and one of them looks a bit mutant.

The two newer seedlings look fine in the new more expensive soil.

Serves me right for using a terrible soil. After next watering they’ll hopefully look better with a little nutri boost.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:40 AM #40
Chappi

Zif -spider mites scare the shit outa me. Hopefully the neem oil routine will kill anything in the soil. The pictures I took I used a fluorescence light filter for the yellow light. Here’s a pic from today just on my phone.

Kal -that soil looks like the ph must be out of whack or something!
The new seedlings look great tho.

I added some really diluted pbp grow today to see if they like it.
Another soul popped out today. Also planted 2 breeders(pollen chuckers) choice#3 From dj in the empty pots a couple days ago.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E092AE63-BE09-4243-94A2-65FAF52FE786.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	541759
Chappi is offline Quote