Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2020, 09:35 PM #351
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
I just picked up a new 3/8 drill bit to go with the 1/4-20 rivnuts.

It's a winner. First try and it came out great. Super tight.
The rivet threads are a little sloppy, but locking the eye in place with the nut will do the trick.
Nice clean look when its done too. I'll bet you could bolt two tubes together with these. Maybe use a little blue or red thread lock.
Wish I had this when I was doing the ridge vent.

Its easy to do.
The drill bit has to be just big enough for the rivet to fit in the hole.
Drill the hole in the tube and screw a new rivet on to the puller with the arms all the way open.
Put the rivnut in the hole and close the arms.
The puller plus the rivnut so it crimps on the backside (inside) of the tube.
Unscrew the puller from the rivnut with the nob between the arms.
Done. It takes more time to drill the hole than pulling the rivnut.

I got the 37 buck puller for two reasons.
It was 12 bucks cheaper.
The replacement mandrels are easy to identify because they come in color coded boxes.
I got a spare 1/4" mandrel.

This one.
14”Rivet Nut Tool, Meterk Professional Hand Rod Rivet Gun Setter Kit with 7Metric & SAE Mandrels and 35pcs Rivnuts, Labor-Saving Design, Rugged Carrying Case

Zeez is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:30 AM #352
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2020, 03:01 AM #353
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
I like it. In putting it on my list of shit to get.

Get yourself a spring loaded center punch off Amazon for like 8$. and a few good cobalt bits.

Mark your spot with the punch so the bit doesn't walk when you are trying to drill. Drill a pilot hole with a tiny bit. Then go through it again with whatever size u want the hole to be.

Your holes will be perfect and they will be FAST.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2020, 07:14 PM #354
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of

https://i.ibb.co/xzTLK2m/0714201807.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/cT7VcWR/0718202050a.jpg

Old 07-19-2020, 07:16 PM #355
CrushnYuba

Old 07-19-2020, 07:28 PM #356
CrushnYuba

So.. I'm using a swamp cooler in a veg greenhouse to dry my weed. Because it is so dry and hot here, it's able to keep 50%rh and 70f.
The swamp cooler was an old POS that was sitting at my neighbors for years. I just used the frame and replaced everything else internal. Pads, pump, float, water distribution tubing.
I put some pvc hoops over the greenhouse so there is an air gap between the layers of plastic. Way better insulation

No need to automate it.. I only black it out once a year. It will stay blacked out until my veg for next year starts around jan or feb