Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mr. Nice Seeds > Dreamtime strain identification

Thread Title Search
Dreamtime strain identification Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 11:26 AM #11
JockBudman

JockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really nice
It's done - I hacked them all down last night. Not 100% on the pistils but I'm more than certain that was due to too much light or heat. More to the point, I noticed that I started this thread 10 weeks ago and they must've been at least 4 weeks at the start, perhaps more though I never keep track nowadays. Perhaps I should.

Anyway, all got majority cloudy trichs and I didn't see amber so that's a good time to crop for me. There's definitely been some herming though in most of them as I could see a few immature seeds. I saw bananas on dt3 dt2 and I think dt1 which is disappointing as I was hoping to get some seeds from my cross with the dt5 male and refine the lines in 2 & 4 - guess it'll be 4 alone now unless the 2 is a real banger.

Next update will be dry buds and a vape report.

JB's Sativa Hacking Hub
JockBudman is offline Quote

Old 05-30-2020, 10:46 PM #12
JockBudman

JockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really niceJockBudman is just really nice
Time for the dry bud shots and a bit of a vape report. Sorry the photos are shite, I try not to stink up my house too much so didn't want to go digging for a chunky bud, it's mostly the lowers on top in the jars.

DT1

Probably my favourite so far, a nice even tempered hybrid with a good mix of relaxation and stimulation but no anxiety.
Buds are foxtaily and pretty solid, even the lowers. Gave me 37g after a fair bit of popcorn was removed along with a light trim - I can never be bothered with a meticulous snip session. Smell is very light and is kind of floral and spicy sweet. Hoppy is a good way to describe it. The taste is kind of lavender like Parma violets or something - a nice change from the usual.

DT2

Definitely the most solid bud maker with some little ones on the trim pile still being mini rocks. Smell is like DT1 but less intense, same with taste as far as I remember. I haven't vaped this one much tbh, the high wasn't all that. A real shame as this looks to be the biggest yielder, though I haven't weighed her yet.
Edit - if you want to know how the high is, I just edited in an epic vape-a-long, then hit "post reply" instead of save. 40g

DT3

Smells a lot like an aurora indica I grew from nirvana - berry front end, citrus back end with a similar taste in the vape. Mostly a body stone with a little head, similar to the aurora indica again. I'm pretty sure this is a NLxAfghan, same as aurora indica. Not been weighed either.
Edit - 28g

DT4

The densest of the bunch and the stinkiest too in the tent, but it's started to mellow now a bit in the jar. Still a lot louder than 1&2. Smell is blackcurrant and sweetness with maybe a touch of pine. It's reminded me of dinafems critical cheese on the odd occasion. Taste is the same and it's the nicest vape of the bunch, really delicious and makes you want to keep puffing. The high is a classic Dutch hybrid stone. Red eyes, relaxed, sleepy, bit of mental stimulation but not too much. Good for falling asleep at the end of the day. Got 33g of this.

Last edited by JockBudman; 06-02-2020 at 10:50 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 11:54 PM #13
JesusOFNazareth

JesusOFNazareth is on a distinguished road
JesusOFNazareth is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:25 PM #14
JockBudman

Hey, the son of God himself is in the house!

Is that also a dreatime baby, Jesus ma man?

JB's Sativa Hacking Hub

Old 06-27-2020, 02:09 PM #15
JockBudman

I'm gonna update smoke reports because I think I was a little harsh with this stuff.

I tend to start using my herbs as soon as they're dry but we all know a cure is essential to get the best out of your plants and now it's been a few weeks they're definitely improving a lot.

I'm vaping a bit of DT1 right now. Smell and taste are as described, perhaps a little more subtle in some notes and more pronounced in others, but broadly hoppy, sweet with parma violets flavour is still true. The effect is improving in quality and duration as well. Maybe a bit more stoney than it was at first but still a good up high which is what I like. Just had a little wave of anxiety creep into my chest. Not bad, just a little uncomfortable for a moment.
No real thoughts on what it could be still. For some reason my mind keeps going to black widow but I would assume a cross as she wasn't the stand out resin producer and lacks the heavy stone old Dutch widow always gave me.

DT2 has really shown the biggest improvement. The smell still isn't too loud but a pleasant mix of spices and sweetness, like a nice baklava or something. Occasional bubblegum notes that carry through to the flavour. The high has come into its own and is a relaxing up feeling with loads of creative energy - plenty of ideas and drive to paint or write or make music. Very special when you find one like this but sadly it looks like my pollination attempt failed so I'll have to try to figure out what it is.
So far I feel it could be SSH. There's a few things about it that just give me the impression that it could be a more indica leaning pheno so I'll need to check the auctions out and hopefully get a pack. I want the mango haze too and she's a sister of SSH so hopefully I'm right about this one. Rapidly becoming the favourite.

DT3 is the heavy stone machine and my opinion hasn't changed on it. Only used late at night if I want to pass out.

DT4 hasn't changed much either, just a touch less smelly and has been overtaken by DT3. Interestingly, despite the stone it has, I went running after a vape of it (plus three beers, some wine and my usual vape regime) last night and it was amazing. I ran in so much pain until my body gave up. It was like I could totally dissociate from my body and focus just on moving my legs and arms, so whilst my core was screaming, I was having an amazing time pounding pavement and tripping out on the street lights. Definitely some potential to be useful there as I normally hate running and only go because my gf forces me

So my thoughts are

DT1 - black widow
DT2 - SSH
DT3 - NLxAfghan
DT4 - nordle

Bit disappointing no one came to offer an opinion but I don't mind that much, this is just a way to catalogue my stuff.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:56 AM #16
gatts

gatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nicegatts is just really nice
Nice grow mate, thanks for taking the time to document these lines.

Don't know why the MrNice threads don't get many hits now.

I might throw one up soon of some MedMan, I've got 3 packs to sort through and hope i find a keeper.
gatts is offline Quote

Old 07-03-2020, 12:34 PM #17
JockBudman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatts View Post
Nice grow mate, thanks for taking the time to document these lines.

Don't know why the MrNice threads don't get many hits now.

I might throw one up soon of some MedMan, I've got 3 packs to sort through and hope i find a keeper.
It's a pleasure and I did it basically because it seems like very few people have. A few older threads on the Mr Nice forums with no pics isn't helpful but maybe this will be for anyone thinking about trying the Dreamtime.

I think Mr Nice has fallen off the map just because of the rush to jump on American strains. Shanti's stuff isn't the most terpy or photogenic - not the way I've grown them anyway, I'm sure others could pull Instagram buds off these packs.
But broadly the scene is driven by hype so all anyone cares about is the latest bagseed fem hacks from over the pond.

Personally I'm only interested in high. Some of my best shit looks like the "schwag" you see in old high times publications but comes with an euphoric and soaring sativa high. Some of my stuff has a nice taste but I see that as a little bonus - it's not what I'm growing for. This stuff from shanti has its charms and whilst none of the highs are world beating (yet - the potency is still ramping up the longer they cure) they are good enough to see me run out the rest of the pack some time soon.

It's funny to me in a way, how the hype game has gone. I've tried a few of the American bits floating about and I feel they give a dense, sometimes paranoid stone - which is exactly what we all used to complain about with Dutch weed

Definitely try doing a diary for the med man, if there's still quality in there it'll be good for anyone thinking of running it to see and if it's bunk - same deal.

Ganja gu brah

Old 07-03-2020, 01:57 PM #18
rolandomota

rolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud ofrolandomota has much to be proud of
Lol at people complaining about their weed being too whatever....you ain't a true smoker if your complaining about being paranoid lol

Old 07-10-2020, 12:27 PM #19
JockBudman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandomota View Post
Lol at people complaining about their weed being too whatever....you ain't a true smoker if your complaining about being paranoid lol
Or you're not a 16 year old playing Billy Big Bollocks.

Honestly, I'm past all that "Hoooo gonna smoke me the strongest puff aboot man!" pish.

I use cannabis medicinally to cope with anxiety, depression and possible ADHD. Some cannabis causes paranoia and waves of adrenaline giving the fear. So what? I'm not ashamed to admit it and acting like it's fucking nothing is how folk end up headcases - because they keep puffing the para weed to look hard.

Don't get me wrong, I can handle it - I'm growing OT haze and zamaldelica at the moment, but why would I, as someone using this stuff as medicine to relax and keep happy, willingly give myself the fear just to win internet points? If the pure sats do me wrong I'll be mixing them with other stuff or taking low doses.

You do you mate, my growing herb that does the best for me mentally and is never for sale or general release doesn't affect you in any way.

Old 07-28-2020, 08:33 PM #20
El Timbo

El Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of lightEl Timbo is a glorious beacon of light
Nice grow and reports Jock - I haven't grown any Mr Nice stuff so I can't comment on what they might be. I like the sound of DT2 - I'm growing a SSH S1 at the moment.
El Timbo is offline Quote