Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Government regulated cannabis is gamma-irradiated

Thread Title Search
Government regulated cannabis is gamma-irradiated Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2020, 02:46 PM #11
therevverend

therevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond reputetherevverend has a reputation beyond repute
All imported agricultural products are irradiated. Including the stuff from Canada and Mexico. Half the produce at the grocery store. They're not going to make an exception for cannabis. If radioactive maple syrup, coffee, and tomatoes haven't killed you I doubt the ganja will. You could grow your own...but coffee and mangoes don't do well in my climate. And I like my winter Romas.
therevverend is online now Quote

Old 07-05-2020, 06:09 PM #12
MindEater

MindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really niceMindEater is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by resin_lung View Post
My guess is that no change to the chemical makeup of the resin takes place.

I'm almost willing to bet that this has been looked into before.
I'm sure it's great for the curing process.

Grow your own. Until your 100 years old and bed ridden, then finish yourself off with some triple sprayed double pasteurized homogenized government weed.
MindEater is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2020, 04:45 AM #13
Hastings

Hastings will become famous soon enoughHastings will become famous soon enoughHastings will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
All imported agricultural products are irradiated. Including the stuff from Canada and Mexico.
Canada does not sell gamma irradiated milk domestically. And I wonder if we export irradiated milk, considering at least at the Cornwall border, it's a friggin lineup of just regular milk trucks carrying what we call "pasteurized milk". Do you have any evidence or credible reference for that?

There is a law here that says selling unpasteurized milk is illegal due to food safety concerns. That might be great, but no exception for certain traditional cheese makers who which to sell. But Canada has an exception for the European market for raw milk cheese. I don't think the USA does though?
Hastings is offline Quote

Old 08-06-2020, 07:23 AM #14
clearheaded

clearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to all
this is more or less a guess but perhaps tilray or other party did side by side testing and irradiating can cause decrease of up to 30% if memory serves me right.. it certainly doesnt help nor does sitting in 1 gram containers for months prior to sale and perhaps why folks note such none smelling stuff. I myself found wether it was sprays they used to use or irradiation process that they came with a palsticy smell.. havent tried much since banning sprays so hard to say esp as some was recalled in the only medical days of LPs.

This is a good option for aids and cancer patients that cannot risk taking in any more toxins! some are able to pass without irradiation which is great but pass and zero% is a different thing. its a great option for those who need such a product. but certainly isnt helping quality for rec market, may very well halt curing or allow it to be colonized easier by the bad guys once the person cracks it at home and has it for a few months as doesnt have the natural "protective biome".
clearheaded is offline Quote