Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Using Pool Shock as an all-around sanitizer

Thread Title Search
Using Pool Shock as an all-around sanitizer Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 10:41 PM #1
Applesauce

Applesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really niceApplesauce is just really nice
Using Pool Shock as an all-around sanitizer

Is anyone familiar with the dosage rates per gallon for general sanitation? I realize you can find differing levels of calcium hypochlorite (50-75%) in pool shock so the dilution rate will vary.

1 TSP/gal seems like a reasonable starting point.

I saw the thread here years back using this as a cheap alternative to expensive res-cleaner mixes. It also seems to have good use as a cloning tool.

Specifically, I want to sanitize equipment and surfaces using a high enough concentration to eliminate TMV and other hard to kill nasties.
Applesauce is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2020, 03:51 PM #2
SamMacDonald

SamMacDonald is on a distinguished road
If you are thinking of making a sanitizer at home I'd not recommend you. I've tried making it at the beginning of the pandemic and it is really awful because it dries the skin a lot and provokes irritation. After it I decided to find a natural high quality hand sanitizer which is dermatologically tested. It is very important because it is our health and we should care about it.
SamMacDonald is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2020, 03:59 PM #3
moonymonkey

moonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the roughmoonymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Flightradar24 app first d out and identify who it is flying over your house....heads up
moonymonkey is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2020, 04:10 PM #4
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamMacDonald View Post
If you are thinking of making a sanitizer at home I'd not recommend you. I've tried making it at the beginning of the pandemic and it is really awful because it dries the skin a lot and provokes irritation. After it I decided to find a natural high quality hand sanitizer which is dermatologically tested. It is very important because it is our health and we should care about it.
You do realize this thread is 7 years old?

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 06-30-2020, 07:01 AM #5
Substitute

Substitute has a spectacular aura aboutSubstitute has a spectacular aura aboutSubstitute has a spectacular aura aboutSubstitute has a spectacular aura about
I wouldn't use anything for a pool on my plant roots. UC roots is designed for plant roots. It has a bleachy smell to it but that probably where the similarities end. Descales root systems and prevents biofilms, rot, etc.

Seems to be working good in my system!
Substitute is offline Quote