Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Best strain for muscle recovery?

Thread Title Search
Best strain for muscle recovery? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2020, 06:14 PM #11
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Myself a combination of a rub with Harlequin salve (grape seed oil (more penetrating), bees wax, and menthol) and a Harlequin mari-pill. Salve acts pretty fast. The pill 0.26g kicks in within 30 min for a longer and deeper relief of the affected area. 1 pill is good for 6 hrs. As a diabetic, I found Har salve helpful for neuropathy as well.

Best trait of Har is its anti-inflammatory properties.

For deep sleep, a GDP pill one hour before bed.
I peddled close to 50 miles for the first time this season and when I got home my leg muscles were on fire. I was totally surprised that when I rubbed one upper thigh the pain was all the way gone before I rubbed the other one. I did it one more time later in the day and was good to go riding again the next day. Normally my first big ride or so of the year takes a bit more recovery. I will be bringing some with me on long rides from now on.

Also. I do not usually have any one particular strain in my oil. I love variety. Usually leaning toward the sativa side. And by the time I make oil I might have 20-50 different strains in it plus maybe some extracts.

I have keep all my crumbs from rolling joints. Once I have a crock pot full its time to make coconut oil.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

Old 06-19-2020, 07:47 PM #12
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
I find that yoga is THE best thing for muscle recovery (*with* good sleep).

I find that ANY weed that encourages me to “settle in” with my body is an EXCELLENT aid to yoga. It aids the mindfulness that is so important to full and gentle stretching, and helps sync breathing and movement.

I’ve been working physical jobs since I was 12, and I find the combination a requirement for staying limber and healthy and free from injury.

If you are doing any regular exercise, including weights, then you need to know that stretching is essential to recovery and to healing: you should stretch for at least 5-10 minutes before and after exercise, and 20-30 minutes at least once before bed.

If you don’t do yoga, your public library almost certainly has instructional vids available to check out. Avoid intense yoga styles like ashtanga, ‘hot’, or ‘power’ yoga, as they are not intended for relaxation and recovery.

Also, very important to remember that your body needs 36-48 hours to fully recover from a strength/endurance workout. Ignoring this is a path to continual re-injury.

Hope this helps.

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:31 AM #13
wutwut

wutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of lightwutwut is a glorious beacon of light
i haven't found the best but og and bubba kush works somehow. amnesia core cut aswell for muscle but it's not great for sleeping.

probably white rhino x something would be that one.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:49 PM #14
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Beard View Post
Also, very important to remember that your body needs 36-48 hours to fully recover from a strength/endurance workout. Ignoring this is a path to continual re-injury.

Hope this helps.
I like Yoga too.

Seems like the recovery time from serious exercise increases as you get older.

I have to manage "hill time" so I don't overdo.

One time I walked to the top of the ridge twice in 3 days, about an 800 foot vertical, and I was beat for a week. There was an obvious answer to 'why am i so tired' but it was hard for me to accept.

Now I plan watering accordingly. Water on house level some days, on the lower hill other days, on the upper hill once a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 11:35 AM #15
StewartMorrison

StewartMorrison is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing!
StewartMorrison is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 11:52 AM #16
StewartMorrison

StewartMorrison is on a distinguished road
I can say that I don't see myself without sports either. I go to the gym three times a week, and the rest of the time I run and exercise in the park. Last month, all the gyms were closed due to quarantine and that was a problem for me. And so, in the gym, I do intense workouts because I'm building muscle mass (with the help of Sarms, you can find more detailed info here https://steroidcycle.org/sarms/) so I really need these intensive workouts. By the way, I've heard that yoga helps to recover quickly, so I think this is a good tip!
StewartMorrison is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 11:55 AM #17
Ximirokerney

Ximirokerney is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartMorrison View Post
I can say that I don't see myself without sports either. I go to the gym three times a week, and the rest of the time I run and exercise in the park. Last month, all the gyms were closed due to quarantine and that was a problem for me. And so, in the gym, I do intense workouts because I'm building muscle mass (with the help of Sarms, you can find more detailed info here https://steroidcycle.org/sarms/) so I really need these intensive workouts. By the way, I've heard that yoga helps to recover quickly, so I think this is a good tip!
I agree about yoga, but about Sarms, I would not take supplements because I've heard that there are side effects.
Ximirokerney is offline Quote

Old 06-21-2020, 03:53 PM #18
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximirokerney View Post
I agree about yoga, but about Sarms, I would not take supplements because I've heard that there are side effects.
Agreed!
"Life threatening reactions, including liver toxicity, have occurred in people taking products containing SARMs. SARMs also have the potential to increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, and the long-term effects on the body are unknown,” FDA officials said.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:16 PM #19
Digit

Digit will become famous soon enoughDigit will become famous soon enough
To accompany my mostly-hemp diet, I bought some Lysine and Leucine to supplement those amino acids for muscle building after I'd read hemp kernels are low in... I had a look after ordering them, and realised hempseed isn't really low in them after all... but more will help build muscles I'm sure.

I have delta-3-carene terpene to help with bone/teeth growth. I wonder what terpenes help muscle growth, and if delta-3-carene's one of them, alone or in synergy with others.

Breathing techniques, with or without your bong/vape/rig/etc, can have a big impact. I do wim hof method's breathing, and find I can work out WWWWWAY more after a few rounds, getting me into the range where I will actually be building muscles. Already feeling the benefits.

I recall reading about cannabinoids and muscle growth a while back, but I dont recall which or any specifics, but there are definitely multiple avenues of action, across many cannabinoids.

I hope that info helps and isn't redundant repetition (I only skim read the thread).
We are psychenauts, and we are not afraid.
Digit is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 11:08 PM #20
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximirokerney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
Agreed!
"Life threatening reactions, including liver toxicity, have occurred in people taking products containing SARMs. SARMs also have the potential to increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, and the long-term effects on the body are unknown,” FDA officials said.
An important thing to know about SARMs is that they are not attuned to bodybuilding; they are being explored to assist people with WASTING conditions - people who have trouble doing enough exercise, eating enough food, getting enough protein, old people, convalescents, the injury-prone. They are not going to be useful to anyone in your situation. They are not steroids, they are not precursors to steroids, they are not replacements for steroids.

What you’re after is body recomposition. To achieve that, you will need to already be active enough and disciplined enough to maintain your focus on your sleep, your nutrition, your activity, and a genuine workout plan.

Once you get to that point, you should be able to see and feel real results in 3-6 months...and, that IS the short-cut. Even if you had real steroids, they would mess you up more than help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
To accompany my mostly-hemp diet, I bought some Lysine and Leucine to supplement those amino acids for muscle building after I'd read hemp kernels are low in... I had a look after ordering them, and realised hempseed isn't really low in them after all... but more will help build muscles I'm sure.

I have delta-3-carene terpene to help with bone/teeth growth. I wonder what terpenes help muscle growth, and if delta-3-carene's one of them, alone or in synergy with others.

Breathing techniques, with or without your bong/vape/rig/etc, can have a big impact. I do wim hof method's breathing, and find I can work out WWWWWAY more after a few rounds, getting me into the range where I will actually be building muscles. Already feeling the benefits.

I recall reading about cannabinoids and muscle growth a while back, but I dont recall which or any specifics, but there are definitely multiple avenues of action, across many cannabinoids.

I hope that info helps and isn't redundant repetition (I only skim read the thread).
Breathing is huge, especially when lifting, but important all the time. Just getting into the habit of breathing deeply yet normally for ten minutes a day is a big deal. Dunno about the chemical gematria of cannabinoids, but focus is as important to lifting, exercise, getting to know your body as every other aspect of every movement, and I find focus exercises and cannabis go happily arm-in-arm. Focused, again, being the key: ‘stoned’ isn’t always the same thing.

I don’t know anything about the careens you mention...as for the Lysine and Leucine, you might be better served by a decent whey protein blend or isolate. ALL the aminos play big roles in building muscle, so availability counts. I currently have three kinds. A hydrolysed/isolate blend, a plain 100% WPI, and a chocolate flavored WPI/casein blend. No they’re not any of them “necessary” but they have their uses...I don’t get to eat as much is I would like, for example, and my choices are limited. Optimum Nutrition, I believe, @ Costco

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote