Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you offended by people bad mouthing the old school cannabis culture?
Yes, I am deeply offended! 57 44.88%
Yes, I am offended. 41 32.28%
No, I am not offended at all. 28 22.05%
Old school cannabis freedom fighters were just scummy drug dealers, so screw them. 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2020, 06:42 PM #141
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
- I dunno who this Jodrey fella is - having never seen nor met him online even - so whats all this bollocks Shagg's - coming here and trying to aim everyones wrath at this guy?

- are you trying to warn people not to do bizz with him - because YOU say he's some sorta grass/snitch? - well I don't like to have some sorta name-blame-game going on here - since you are no judge nor jury nor executioner - unless you get called up for jury service - and that's not happening here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Very interesting, thank for your point of view.

Here is a post from another thread that got binned.

Well we hear it all the time.
Our so called Cannabis heroes are or have in the past worked for or with the DEA

Many folks state that members here are or have in the past worked with the DEA!
We know who you are!

Here is some info that may surprise you.
https://theweek.com/articles/554470/...-moving-online
https://theemeraldcup.com/culture-fr...nticity-legacy

Kevin Jodrey gets busted for his first felony cannabis case in 1983 for cultivation and distribution when he was just a junior in high school., tossed in a juvenile facility.

Upon graduating high school, he joined the Coast Guard. Spending five years as an enlisted diver, he was now a highly skilled diver for the U.S. Coast Guard, often working drug trafficking interdiction cases alongside federal and local law enforcement off the coast of California.

Jodrey got a firsthand look at the amount of drugs flowing into the United States when the Coast Guard loaned him out to the Department of Justice for high-seas drug interdictions — that is, busting loads arriving on ships into the country.
On one particular bust, Jodrey was dropped by helicopter down onto the deck of a boat being used for drug smuggling.

Between 89-91 kevin went from busting pot to growing it in large amounts.

Wow Kevin went from busting ship loads of pot to growing a ship load of pot.
Wonder how the hell did he get that gig?

I wonder how many friends kevin jodrey has in the DEA/law enforcement?

Are you starting to see a pattern here?
A known player gets busted only to return as Cannabis King.
I wonder how many of these type of people in the industry today?

So it would seem:
The cannabis snitches are running the industry while the judges and cops are banking the coin.

Meanwhile peaceful growers still go to prison.

The world seems ok with it all, WTF????
What a world??

Is there anyone else that should be in this spotlight?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:50 AM #142
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
the smell of patchouli is an acquired taste

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:18 PM #143
shaggyballs
Banned

shaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond reputeshaggyballs has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
- I dunno who this Jodrey fella is - having never seen nor met him online even - so whats all this bollocks Shagg's - coming here and trying to aim everyones wrath at this guy?

- are you trying to warn people not to do bizz with him - because YOU say he's some sorta grass/snitch? - well I don't like to have some sorta name-blame-game going on here - since you are no judge nor jury nor executioner - unless you get called up for jury service - and that's not happening here -
For the record I made no claims here.
The facts were in the article I linked.
I only asked some questions I had after reading the info.
I make no statement against kevin.

The article spells it out very clearly for you.
Folks need to be able to think for them selves round here.
I am not trying to suggest what another should think.
But
I still have questions.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2020, 08:15 PM #144
djav59

djav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud of
I would love to see a local or state fair where cannabis is judged just like the other crops.
Well maybe not just like but you get the idea.

I used to be a hippy till I lost my hair.
djav59 is offline Quote

Old 06-08-2020, 10:32 PM #145
Amynamous

Amynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond reputeAmynamous has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by djav59 View Post
I would love to see a local or state fair where cannabis is judged just like the other crops.
Well maybe not just like but you get the idea.
Isn’t the Emerald Cup kinda like a local fair?
I’d like to experience the Emerald Cup first before then.
Amynamous is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:15 PM #146
burmese

burmese is a jewel in the roughburmese is a jewel in the roughburmese is a jewel in the roughburmese is a jewel in the roughburmese is a jewel in the roughburmese is a jewel in the roughburmese is a jewel in the rough
i am offended not allowed growing freely under sun , but my hand talk free-LEE with middle finger up
burmese is offline Quote

Old 06-09-2020, 02:58 PM #147
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
early growers were comfortable with the Outlaw nature.

post legalization growers are WAAAY more comfortable with filling out forms, asking Official Permission, etc.

a pretty big culture clash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu60uj0_-Nw

Trump's Lysol Moment @ 25:00 in video from Thursday April 23.
St. Phatty is offline Quote