Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Is it time to harvest?

Thread Title Search
Is it time to harvest? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2019, 01:19 AM #31
therevverend

therevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivortherevverend is a survivor
Quote:
They don't look so "fantastic"...'cause I mistreated them a lot..
Ouch! Stick to the Micro-photography, in the Macro-shot she is UGLY! I don't think the beer goggles would help this one.

Quote:
My intent was to go through different PH's so that all nutes can easily be taken in.
What? No. That's not how it works. The right PH is the one that hits the most nutrients sweet spots. You don't try to hit the sweet spot of every different nutrient cannabis needs. Must have been fun trying.

Quote:
I hope I'll get at least some decent smoke out of it!
Depends on what you mean by decent. If you mean lung bustingly harsh then it's decent. I would have harvested it two weeks ago, that's probably when the plant died. I'm glad my 'look at the plant not just the resin' theory is kind of vindicated. I've seen nice looking resin glands on ganja that's been heated to 300 degrees, not necessarily a gauge as to freshness. Of course your stuff could give you a decent high, it's funny how the most mutilated home stone is usually better then most of the commercial stuff. If nothing else treat your flowers right after you harvest. More degradation happens from bad treatment after harvest then any other time. Hang it for at least ten days in a dry dark place that's fairly cool. Without handling it a bunch. I joke about harshness but if you use a heat source to dry, the buds will be super harsh and crumble apart.

Hopefully you've learned some shit. Ganja is one of the most forgiving plants you can grow, it's a good introduction into the greater hobby of gardening. It took me 20 years but now I know how to grow peppers, beans, cabbages besides just cannabis. Not sure if I could feed myself but I could give it a shot.

Quote:
Also purple is magnesium deficiency lol.
Then I must have one hell of a deficiency..

therevverend is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:09 PM #32
webwiller

webwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
Ouch! Stick to the Micro-photography, in the Macro-shot she is UGLY! I don't think the beer goggles would help this one.

What? No. That's not how it works. The right PH is the one that hits the most nutrients sweet spots. You don't try to hit the sweet spot of every different nutrient cannabis needs. Must have been fun trying.

Depends on what you mean by decent. If you mean lung bustingly harsh then it's decent. I would have harvested it two weeks ago, that's probably when the plant died. I'm glad my 'look at the plant not just the resin' theory is kind of vindicated. I've seen nice looking resin glands on ganja that's been heated to 300 degrees, not necessarily a gauge as to freshness. Of course your stuff could give you a decent high, it's funny how the most mutilated home stone is usually better then most of the commercial stuff. If nothing else treat your flowers right after you harvest. More degradation happens from bad treatment after harvest then any other time. Hang it for at least ten days in a dry dark place that's fairly cool. Without handling it a bunch. I joke about harshness but if you use a heat source to dry, the buds will be super harsh and crumble apart.

Hopefully you've learned some shit. Ganja is one of the most forgiving plants you can grow, it's a good introduction into the greater hobby of gardening. It took me 20 years but now I know how to grow peppers, beans, cabbages besides just cannabis. Not sure if I could feed myself but I could give it a shot.

Then I must have one hell of a deficiency..

View Image
Hahaha! I told you not to compliment too early! Yeah...surely I did learn something...

Right one/two weeks before harvest I messed up. I managed to light burn, feed burn and who knows what, badly.

You're right, the plant was dead when you said so. If I knew it had no point keeping it goin'...I thought the ripening process would continue. It does not.

Weed, as you have foreseen, is harsh and ir remembers me when some nigga managed to sell me few gs of pollinated ganja. It smells like ganja, you recognize as ganja in the mouth, but the high is weak, very weak. Can't get stoned with a 0.5g/joint smoked by myself. With Vaporizer I can't feel it at all.

3 months in the toilet.

Any suggestion regarding if/what can I do to enhance potency? Apart from standard curing which I'm doing in glass mason jars.

One topic is really pissing me off. And this is watering. I did understand that in nature rain is slightly acidic and the soil act as a buffer bringing PH bach to neutral (7.0) or close to.

What I do watering when it's dry is not running after the best PH range for each & every nute. Instead is more like acting the way nature does. It dampens the soil and then it dries out. Root has plenty of oxy to breathe and immediately after watered PH is lower so that low-ph-nute can be best absorbed. Drying out the PH rises completing all PH values and as a consequence, the best PH for each nute is reached.

Problem is that one day my plants were already dry, but I estimated they would make it till the next day (I had a bad migraine and no way I could manage to care about the growth).
The following day I completely forgot and I watered them only in the late afternoon.
Add to all this that when looking at the plants that seemed alright. When I moved them to water them I realized that all leaves were falling (yellowing and falling...and I wasn't sure if it was normal at the end of flower or nor...or how much is normal and when it is too much).

I also read about watering from the bottom. I think this is the method I like best as the plant decides how much to intake.

Right now I have 4 new girls in soil-mix...they're 4 weeks and as I was close to switching to bloom I noticed this:

I topped the plants a few days earlier...and I should switch the light to 12/12 by the end of next week at the latest. Switch to 12/12 on 30th Sept. mostly mandatory (apart from bad health issues)

At the moment I doubt if it might be Calcium def. or mites...therefore I introduced a Cal-Mag Supplement and sprayed the plants with a mixture of neem-oil, apple vinegar, red pepper, and Diatomaceous Earth and sprayed this mix as foliar.

I also grabbed a pot of fresh mint, I read that it repels many insects

Lastly the "am I doin' this right" thing. Let's say I decided to supplement Cal-Mag and spray with the deadly mixture (in case it's mites). How am I supposed to check if what I'm doing is solving things or not?

When I introduce a supplement, how long am I supposed to wait till I can see a beneficial effect on the plant? These damages occur overnight...if it does not stop it will kill my small garden in less than a week. How fast will a plant react to treatment? Damaged leaves will remain damaged, right? Am I supposed to remove damaged foliage or not?

Too many questions dancing confusedly around my head...
webwiller is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2019, 12:10 AM #33
SamsonsRiddle

SamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of lightSamsonsRiddle is a glorious beacon of light
as far as knowing when to water goes, try using a moisture meter. i use a blumat digital meter and for a water only organic mix keep it between 120 and 150. i used to underwater in fabric bags, then overwatered and got gnats in plastic totes. now, i just follow the meters advice and give the plants (and microbes) what is best.
once you eliminate the watering problem, then you can go on to learning how to fix other problems.
SamsonsRiddle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:54 AM #34
Gazoo31

Gazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura aboutGazoo31 has a spectacular aura about
Nope keep it in the oven for at least another week.
Gazoo31 is offline Quote

Old 09-24-2019, 08:14 AM #35
Dr.King

Dr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud ofDr.King has much to be proud of
If you're growing in Coco then you only need to flush for like a week max. If you're in soil do it for 2 weeks. If you're in DWC it's less than a week. During a flush for the first day or two keep the Cal/Mag going then cut off the Cal/Mag for straight tap for the next 3 days then the last 2 days do straight RO water and you will see a difference in the flush. Most of the major cannabis growers here in Oregon do it that way now.
Dr.King is online now Quote

Old 05-25-2020, 11:36 PM #36
webwiller

webwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura aboutwebwiller has a spectacular aura about
BTW...these babes ended up cut up & seized by cops well before harvest very much sadly...
webwiller is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2020, 07:40 AM #37
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Ouch that sucks.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote