Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > California Tax Increase Only Helps the Illicit Market

Thread Title Search
California Tax Increase Only Helps the Illicit Market Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2020, 12:18 AM #1
soil margin

soil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud of
California Tax Increase Only Helps the Illicit Market

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmu.../#59690605c0f4
soil margin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-01-2020, 09:18 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Yep, raise the taxes, grows underground flourish!! Supply and demand (for moderately priced herb)

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 02-01-2020, 09:40 PM #3
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Lemme find an appropriate sized duh.

And I don't know how it is in Cali, but the Mass dispensary weed where I'm at is not only more expensive than the grey market stuff, it's just not as good.
Holy crap they really pushed people into the grey market.
California also should be wary of losing even more revenue, although the tax hike is designed to do the opposite. Last year, the state took in less than a third of the revenue it projected from regulated cannabis. The more people who move away from the regulated market into the illicit market, the less the state will earn.

Man it sounds like the problem is in the pricing model. If they had it so after taxes it was around the same as a grey market ounce, people would be falling over themselves to get it legally. They started the before taxes price around the grey market price and it just got stupid expensive. If 2 people offer nearly the same product for a huge difference in price, most people will go for the cheaper alternative, that's just simple economics.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:06 PM #4
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Not only the taxes but cali is going bonkers with the regulations. My farmer buddy is complaining about the handicap parking places he has to have. I ask, on gravel? Nope, paved. He is talking about quitting. I hope not.

I have a hunch the delivery guys in socal are bootleg as hell.

just wait until the feds want their cut.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2020, 07:18 PM #5
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond reputeEsterEssence has a reputation beyond repute
Prop 64 also allows cities opt out of having a dispensary, and a lot of them have. So are people going to drive for a couple hours and pay a bunch of taxes when you could get some delivered or go to your local “friend” and buy some stash cheaper. Makes no sense to me...

Old 02-02-2020, 07:23 PM #6
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
The delivery I was using had a web site, but after he had my number I was getting texts almost daily with deals. Prices were better than the brick and mortar shithole out on hwy 74.

https://weedmaps.com/deals/tha-spot-...-for-90-mimosa

I bet he was bootleg as hell.

https://weedmaps.com/deliveries/tha-spot-delivery

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 02-03-2020, 01:34 AM #7
Tudo
Troublemaker

Tudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivorTudo is a survivor
It's all about the money. The days of people taking big risks for the love of herb have been over for awhile. There's still a few real people in the business but by and large from my perspective is the business is all about the business nowadays.