Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > TN hemp...

Thread Title Search
TN hemp... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2019, 07:04 AM #1
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Wink TN hemp...

scouting for rifle season the other day. found myself in a hemp field of about 500 high-CBD plants, with 12 different varieties supposedly. fellow watering the plants gave me a bud from a plant he had just harvested. still drying. it was cool looking at what grew in the different rows. some of it was coke-bottle sized buds on popsicle sticks, some of it was a dozen or more fine looking tops like a big-ass candelabra...

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:26 AM #2
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

twisted up a joint out of his bud. tasted far better than what i have been buying in stores. "might" be because it is much fresher...looking forward to trying some of his other varieties as he harvests them.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:16 AM #3
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
So down in North Alabama a farmer decided to grow 800ac of hemp this year. They started with sprouts from who-knows-where. Now that the plants are maturing it is obvious the sprouts were a mix of strains since some are still very bushy and others have lostthe fn leaves with big buds.

So I drove by yesterday around noon to see how they are harvesting this mish-mash of hemp plants. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them using a contraption in front of a tractor tht cut and mulched the whole plant before dumping the mulchd mix in a trailer running alongside.

And it was drizzling!!! So that freshly cut and mulched harvest, with wet leafy plants, dry plants, and stalks is now I suppose get put in big bags and shipped up to KY to be made into something. But what? And won't it mold if it isn't processed like today?

He has built 2 big greenhouses so maybe his sprout stock will get more consistent, and he learns about drying and not destroying the trichs in the shredder.

Meridianville. There were state troopers guarding the field 24/7 .

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 12-17-2019 at 04:30 AM..
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2019, 06:36 PM #4
kaotic
We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!

kaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of lightkaotic is a glorious beacon of light
This wasn't in the Maryville area was it?

I do not grow/manufacture any scheduled substance. Everything posted by this online account is pure fiction and should be regarded as such. All photographs are examples taken from other internet sites.
kaotic is offline Quote

Old 12-15-2019, 12:43 AM #5
GrowingHigher

GrowingHigher has a spectacular aura aboutGrowingHigher has a spectacular aura aboutGrowingHigher has a spectacular aura aboutGrowingHigher has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowgethigh View Post
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them using a contraption in front of a tractor tht cut and mulched the whole plant before dumping the mulchd mix in a trailer running alongside.

And it was drizzling!!! So that freshly cut and mulched harvest, with wet leafy plants, dry plants, and stalks is now I suppose get put in big bags and shipped up to KY to be made into something. But what? And won't it mold if it isn't processed like today?
Probably wet baled and sent for extraction. I've seen wet baled hemp sit 1 year+ and be fine for extraction. You loose some cannabinoid, but it doesn't rot like you would think. It kind of looked like a fermented oolong tea, and smelled sweet. Not unpleasant.
GrowingHigher is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2019, 04:40 AM #6
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
The tee vee news was reporting that there was a big auction for "hemp" which was a bust. I saw those tote bags of ground up hemp sitting on the warehouse floor, which they say are not selling well at the big market someone organized. Report said farmers thought they had gold and buyers said it was crap (my interpertation).

I also would not want to take CBD from a converted cotton field unless the extraction removed ALL contaminants. At least not for the first few years.

https://agfax.com/2019/11/22/hemp-te...t-for-growers/

https://www.hempauctionmarket.com

Hahaha, while I was at a head shop looking for butane I met a local hemp grower who claims he does it right, trying to drum up business. He gave me a pre-roll which I dumped in the Volcano and tried a 300* bag to taste the flavor. Not bad really. His farm was a cow pasture - perfect!

That shop is selling hemp flowers at $285/oz + 10%tax!!!! Grams over $10. That farmer machine trims and has kief. I'll get those heads priced right I bet.

Anybody combine in some CBD material to get a real full spectrum effect?

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 12-18-2019 at 02:16 AM..
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 12-17-2019, 09:10 AM #7
armedoldhippy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotic View Post
This wasn't in the Maryville area was it?
nah. he's about as far east & north in Tennessee as you can go without forgetting how to drive & becoming a Virginian... poor devils. they drive great in Virginia, but forget what in hell they are doing when they cross state line. friends tell me that when you turn 16 in SW Virginia, they give you a drivers license & a map to Kingsport, lol...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:13 PM #8
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Hemp is everywhere!!! Hooray for hemp and healing properties!

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.